Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting item on the official DL calendar....

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting item on the official DL calendar....

I was browsing the calendar and found this listing for today:

"Float Training - Performance Corridor" at 7:00PM

Anyone know what this is about?? Odd that it's listed on the official calendar...
    "Keep Moving Forward."

Re: Interesting item on the official DL calendar....

I'm not sure I have an answer, but I do have a question. PoD is on hiatus, and Christmas Fantasy does not begin until Friday. Are there no parades right now in DL at all, then?

Oh wait, I just thought of something. The "performance corridor" is what they call DCA's parade route, I believe. The "float training" must be something for DCA, and in that case, 7 pm is after hours.

Comment

I heard there were going to be "Character Cavalcades" but I'm not sure. That was just a rumor as of last week.

EDIT: Just looked at the calendar again and apparently this "Float Training" is also taking place tomorrow night at 6pm.
      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Maybe it was a typo, supposed to be on the cast calendar?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
        HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
        ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
        FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Forgot to mention that it's listed in DCA, though hopefully everyone can figure that out.
          "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

meant for the cast calendar i'm sure. i think i know what it's for and you won't be excited when you find out so if anyone wants to sit outside the gates in the esplanade and waste their time getting a peak at it you'll be disappointed, but i'm betting someone actually does it

Comment

It may be the float training for DEP.
              Jeff Wayne

Comment

bah you ruined it i wanted to see someone stake it out there all night

Comment

Go talk to Space Mountain on VisionsFantastic, he is in Parade Support at Disneyland, he might be able to answer your questions.

Edit: Confirmed through him thats its not for EP. No EP rehearsals until Thurs.
                  Last edited by SparkyLD; 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                    I was browsing the calendar and found this listing for today:

"Float Training - Performance Corridor" at 7:00PM

Anyone know what this is about?? Odd that it's listed on the official calendar...
                    That's training sessions for newly recruited ducks and swans. Just to make sure they don't sink in DLR's waterways. You think things just 'happen' on their own?
                    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

It's probably insignificant, but the odd thing about it, too, is that it's listed to start right when the park closes. Maybe training for ACF? Or the new Pixar parade?
                      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

No Cavalcades at Disneyland this week.

A decision was made to offer Fantasmic! every day this week, 7:30 PM Tuesday thru Thursday. (Tonight it was offered twice)

I was at the entrance of "iaswh" when they brought out the YoaMD Hotel winner, and a bunch of folks started to sit down to expect a parade/cavalcade, and the CM's had to tell them no, that tonight all was being offered was the one vehicle and a few characters celebrating someone else getting a free night at the DLH.
                        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Perhaps it is show services/float drivers training, possibly for new hires...I think this was supposed to be on the cast calender, not the one for guests.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X