Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Mega Thread - FASTPASS/MAXPASS Questions, Issues, and Discussion

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Thread - FASTPASS/MAXPASS Questions, Issues, and Discussion

[from LP]
    Supposedly, the machines will still print out a slip of paper - call it a "reminder" or whatever - but you will scan your ticket or AP at the entrance to all Fastpass rides.

So... they're still paper Fastpasses then?

Comment

Seems weird considering they just installed machines for TSMM and the Matterhorn.

Comment

I've always had a theory that FP cheating is a little more common than some would think. Sneaking four people in with three FPs, putting a couple of expired ones at the bottom of the stack, etc. In extreme cases you could conterfeit them with a decent home printer and some basic photoshop skills.

Attaching it directly to a ticket would theoretically stamp out most of that - if it really exists.

Comment

Still thinking out loud...

This would also make it impossible to give FPs away to a random fellow guest if you end up not needing to use them. That's one of my favorite things to do. Too bad.

Comment

So, sounds like that will be the day that MaxPass goes live?
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Here`s the article from Laughing Place :

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/...rting-june-21/

In preparation for Disneyland's long-in-the-works MaxPass option, some changes are being made to the resort's current free FastPass system. Starting June 21st, guests will still obtain their FastPasses as normal, but they will be redeemed slightly differently. Instead of scanning their printed FastPass in order to gain entry to attractions, guests will now scan their ticket or Annual Pass instead. However, guests will still receive paper FastPasses as a reminder of their return time.

Comment

Why don't they just scan your fastpass instead of your park ticket?

Comment

The title of this thread is a bit misleading.

Comment

I guess that also means that there will be less "fastpass running", since a non-rider will not be able to get a fastpass while the rest of the group is on a ride.

I wonder if the paper reminder will have the ticket or AP information. I can see that this will lead to mix ups and confusion with larger families where the mom or dad usually holds all the tickets and fastpasses. you will have to make sure that the right ticket or AP is used to get the fastpass and is used for the ride, when not all members are going on a particular attraction. with the extra handling involved there will probably be an increase in lost tickets and AP's.

Comment

Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                      you will have to make sure that the right ticket or AP is used to get the fastpass and is used for the ride, when not all members are going on a particular attraction.
                      Well you just have to make sure it has the right name and that isn’t really hard to find on your ticket
                      Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls
                      Disney proudly presents
                      Our Spectacular nighttime pageant of magic and imagination
                      In Millions of dazzling lights!
                      and astounding musical sounds
                      It's the PAINT THE NIGHT PARADE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LaMapa View Post
                        Why don't they just scan your fastpass instead of your park ticket?
                        It's 2017. The idea that they have to print anything on paper is a bit silly. I would assume the ultimate goal is to remove the machines amd the printed tickets eventually. There's just no need for it. They developed the Magic and system in Florida with their idea of a perfect system, so seeing as that probably hasn't changed much, the only difference between WDW and DL will be the length of time needed to wean the audience off paper tickets. They are seemingly taking it slow, as the local audience can be quite stubborn.

Comment

This seems like a huge bummer to me. I'm going in a group of 4 at the end of June. Two members of our party will not go on drop rides - the other two of us had planned on getting all 4 Fastpasses for Guardians so that we could ride twice. Will we no longer be able to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal ThemeParks View Post

Well you just have to make sure it has the right name and that isn’t really hard to find on your ticket
                            sounds simple, but I've been to the parks with some large families and now it is just a mater of x number of fastpasses for x number of riders. with the new system if A, B, C and D wants to go, but mom or dad mistakenly use the tickets of B, C, D and E then there will be a problem especially if there is no information on the reminder card. I can see that this could lead to over ticketing where mom or dad gets fastpasses for everyone reguardless of whether or not they intend to go.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandaddict13 View Post
                              This seems like a huge bummer to me. I'm going in a group of 4 at the end of June. Two members of our party will not go on drop rides - the other two of us had planned on getting all 4 Fastpasses for Guardians so that we could ride twice. Will we no longer be able to do that?
                              seem like you still can. you just have to swap tickets. I can't see that they will be checking id's.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X