Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the new Ducktales show coming soon, how about a new ride in Toontown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] With the new Ducktales show coming soon, how about a new ride in Toontown?

    Recently, the new intro for the rebooted Ducktales show has just been dropped. Though I wasn't sure about it before, this has sold me, indicating that Disney is aware that the show was a classic, but could still benefit from smart writing that we've seen from Gravity Falls and Star Vs. The Forces of Evil.



    A while back when Star Wars Land was rumored to go where Toontown was, I posted about whether Toontown should be kept and improved on. It's clear that Disney hasn't given up on this colorful space, and though theres only two attractions, I still feel like it has potential.

    I've talked about this before, but I'd like to bring it back up with the new TV show coming. How would you feel about a Ducktales attraction with the entrance being where the Toontown bank is currently at.

    My current idea centers on the Beagle Boys steeling Scrooges fortune and we have to chase after them (possibly in helicopters flown by Launchpad) and Huey, Dewey, and Louie helping out. Though I could see this working as a slow attraction, I'd rather have it be an E-Ticket simulator a lot like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey that could use the Robo-Coaster technology.
    sigpic
    Be check out my movie review blog at:

    Mastermind Film Productions

  • #2
    I would prefer for the restaurant row to be replaced by an indoor counter service restaurant first honestly. but this stills sounds like an awesome idea.
    Originally posted by micromind
    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

    Comment


    • #3
      I actually want them to just put TT into FL and add needed shade with trees. The space could be redesigned to be a lot better use of space than what is there now. I would be all in on a Ducktale attraction!!!! I actually thing the Hollywoodland would be perfect for story book attractions for these types of things.
      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

      DL 55th BDAY trip report
      My company had a special night at the park
      WdW trip report with WWoHP
      NYE 2011 trip report
      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
      Leap year 24 hour report
      New DCA trip report
      NYE 2012
      HKDL trip report

      Comment


      • #4
        The new "DuckTales" looks awful.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
          The new "DuckTales" looks awful.
          Few Questions if you don't mind me asking
          1.Did you watch the original?
          1a.If you did watch it what did you think?

          2.What are your experiences with modern cartoons? (post 2010)

          3.What makes the show look awful?

          Just curious...
          Originally posted by micromind
          Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

          Comment


          • #6
            The first seasons of "DuckTales" were well-made. The later ones were not.

            "DuckTales" was, originally, an expensive show to produce, and some within the organization questioned whether or not cheap limited animation should be used, instead. And, it eventually was, unfortunately.

            I would have preferred Disney create a "DuckTales" for prime-time network television and replay the old well-made episodes of the show on cable.
            Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 06-17-2017, 07:51 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I absolutely love "Bob's Burgers." "The Simpsons" is not nearly as good as it used to be. And, the Seth McFarland stuff is hit-and-miss.

              Comment


              • #8
                The new "DuckTales" looks incredibly cheap.

                The characters don't just look unlike themselves. The designs don't even look like they are from Disney.

                I saw one short scene on YouTube, and the writing, the vocal performances, and the slipshod, off-model animation were all atrocious.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Well let's just say that this is to a much better start then a certain other network with how their reboots looked before launch.

                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gqj0MJDa4Q

                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja68qSFBPMQ

                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVwrQEjK_d4

                  Bonus in the treating children like they don't even have a brain

                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8HOlXJ2EJxw
                  Originally posted by micromind
                  Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This is written by the same writers so this might be good to see one of their previous work

                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgu5-GZz20

                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k-0OMdOtiW8

                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EigrrcHy6tg
                    Originally posted by micromind
                    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm pretty strongly against attractions based off tv shows. I know, ironic considering I've probably been the loudest person in regards to taking out Tower of Terror. But I mean shows that are currently running. Sure, they're hot now, but can they stand the test of time? No. The answer is no. Unless they're I Love Lucy, The Twilight Zone, or a Hannah Barbara cartoon from the 60's, they're more than likely not going to transcend generations.

                      While this new Duck Tales could be good, the reason it's being remade is because 90's kids have a nostalgia for it. Just like new Powderpuff Girls. The new Powderpuff Girls is in no way going to be the same for the children of today the way the original was for kids of the 90's. Same will likely be with this show.

                      I am in complete support of adding an attraction that uses these characters, though. That I'm not against. But having it be tied into the TV series and especially using this style isn't something I can't get behind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                        The new "DuckTales" looks incredibly cheap.

                        The characters don't just look unlike themselves. The designs don't even look like they are from Disney.

                        I saw one short scene on YouTube, and the writing, the vocal performances, and the slipshod, off-model animation were all atrocious.
                        Compared to the original, it's pretty bad. Character designs, voices, staging, BGs, timing... yeesh.
                        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                        - Neil Gabler

                        "I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                        until Thor told it to me."
                        -
                        Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Some of the kids appearing in this video seem smarter than several of the people running Disney.
                           

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'd rather see them turn Autopia into Mickey's Roadster Racers.
                            "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                              Compared to the original, it's pretty bad. Character designs, voices, staging, BGs, timing... yeesh.
                              It's a little soon to start judging on matters as complex and intricate as staging and timing when collectively there's about 3 and a half minutes of the show that have been released.

                              But that's beside the point, because it seems like what you meant to say is "I don't like it because it's different." The new DuckTales is serving as a reboot, not a revival of the original show, so of course things like artistic style and character voices are going to be different. Heaven forbid that Disney utilize a more 'relevant' art style instead of the old and tired style from 30 years ago. There's literally no reason why you should look at things through the lens of "compared to the original," rather than judging the show for what it actually is on its own. If your benchmark for determining whether the show is good or not is the old DuckTales then you're missing the point and you're constantly going to be overly critical because its different.

                              Originally posted by RforFilm View Post
                              My current idea centers on the Beagle Boys steeling Scrooges fortune and we have to chase after them (possibly in helicopters flown by Launchpad) and Huey, Dewey, and Louie helping out. Though I could see this working as a slow attraction, I'd rather have it be an E-Ticket simulator a lot like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey that could use the Robo-Coaster technology.
                              I think ToonTown definitely has room for improvement and expansion, and I think a ride based on a show like DuckTales or Darkwing Duck would fit perfectly. It's basically unheard of for Disney to create a ride based on a show, but given that Mickey and friends primarily exist in the world of TV and short films, a TV-show-based ride seems fitting for ToonTown. There really is a lot they can do, too, whether it be C, D, or E-Ticket. A more fast-paced quasi-thrill ride in the style of Forbidden Journey would definitely be interesting.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I would love to see a DuckTales ride and I'm actually really interested in the new cartoon as well.

                                Lets also remember DuckTales is heavily based on Carl Barks comics which have had impact on franchises like Indiana Jones. I think many of us love DuckTales but the Duckverse itself has been around longer than I have experience with and absolutely is something worth celebrating in Disney parks.

                                I'd be fine with a ride that used the new style or the more classic Disney style.

                                I guess where Animation Quality is argued I'd note that while Ducktales outclassed alot of the shows of its era the style was never really movie quality and has certainly been outdone on a technical level sense. (I'll also agree the later seasons were off both in Animation and Writing though the remains of my child self loved Fenton Crackshell and I'm glad the new show will pay homage to him as he is not from the Barks comics).

                                I have wondered for a LONG time why Toontown doesn't have Scrooge's money bin.
                                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Wow View Post
                                  It's a little soon to start judging on matters as complex and intricate as staging and timing when collectively there's about 3 and a half minutes of the show that have been released.
                                  In fact, just the opposite: animation series pre-release trailers, teasers and excerpts have maximum effort put into them -- they're often as good as it gets.

                                  Staging and timing isn't "intricate," it's the meat-and-potatoes of series storyboarding and directing; here they are generic and uninteresting in comparison to Season 1 of the original DT, as are the BGs and color key. The dialogue is generic-jokesterisms. The voice performances aren't anywhere near the same league as those of Alan Young, Russi Taylor and Tony Anselmo's work in the original DT.

                                  What can't be judged from these excerpts is story structure.


                                  Originally posted by Wow View Post
                                  But that's beside the point, because it seems like what you meant to say is "I don't like it because it's different."
                                  I meant to say exactly what I said in my post: "Compared to the original, it's pretty bad. Character designs, voices, staging, BGs, timing... yeesh."

                                  To the point of the thread, "Afternoon Avenue" was Disney's embarrassing attempt to promote its animated TV series at Disneyland. Let's hope it was the last.


                                  Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-18-2017, 03:26 PM.
                                  "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                                  Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                                  imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                                  - Neil Gabler

                                  "I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                                  until Thor told it to me."
                                  -
                                  Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    My only concern about Kids cartoon or programing is
                                    what does teach the kids?...and at this point, I can not judge DuckTales.

                                    "Afternoon Avenue" was Disney's embarrassing attempt to promote its animated TV series at Disneyland.
                                    So, I would not like it, at the Disney Parks....IMO
                                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      I think if they were to build a DuckTales themed ride it should have only the characters that are needed so it doesn't feel cluttered with every character from either series. I would say try to use the standard version of the characters pre-reboot in both design and voice actor unless if he or she has passed away then use the reboot's boice actor so Huey, Duey and Louie would be voice by Russi Taylor but Scrooge would be voiced by David Trennet just so it remains consistent with the rest of the area.
                                      Originally posted by micromind
                                      Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                                        I meant to say exactly what I said in my post: "Compared to the original, it's pretty bad. Character designs, voices, staging, BGs, timing... yeesh."
                                        I’m pretty adamantly convinced that you meant to say “I don’t like it because it’s different.” Your criticism reeks of such baseless sentiment. You’ve yet to make a single assessment of the perceived artistic shortcomings of what’s been presented without attaching a comparison to the original show...

                                        Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

                                        In fact, just the opposite: animation series pre-release trailers, teasers and excerpts have maximum effort put into them -- they're often as good as it gets.

                                        Staging and timing isn't "intricate," it's the meat-and-potatoes of series storyboarding and directing; here they are generic and uninteresting in comparison to Season 1 of the original DT, as are the BGs and color key. The dialogue is generic-jokesterisms. The voice performances aren't anywhere near the same league as those of Alan Young, Russi Taylor and Tony Anselmo's work in the original DT.

                                        What can't be judged from these excerpts is story structure.
                                        I want your assessment and critique of the visual storytelling methods, cinematography, CG effects, actor performances, and direction for the entirety of Star Wars Episode VIII. I want you to address everything that will be in the final film.

                                        PM it to me when you’re finished.


                                        Originally posted by Grizzlyhead View Post
                                        I think if they were to build a DuckTales themed ride it should have only the characters that are needed so it doesn't feel cluttered with every character from either series. I would say try to use the standard version of the characters pre-reboot in both design and voice actor unless if he or she has passed away then use the reboot's boice actor so Huey, Duey and Louie would be voice by Russi Taylor but Scrooge would be voiced by David Trennet just so it remains consistent with the rest of the area.
                                        If a DuckTales ride were to be built, design and voice of the characters is definitely something that needs a fair amount of consideration. The look of the original series definitely fits more appropriately in current ToonTown, but obviously the new series style will be more relevant, especially to kids who may not have seen the original. They could always go the option of redesigning the characters specifically for the attraction to make them best suited for a real, 3D world.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X