Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

With the new Ducktales show coming soon, how about a new ride in Toontown?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grizzlyhead View Post
    Cherrypicking
    also known as: ignoring inconvenient data, suppressed evidence, fallacy of incomplete evidence, argument by selective observation, argument by half-truth, card stacking, fallacy of exclusion, ignoring the counter evidence, one-sided assessment, slanting, one-sidedness

You're acting as if everyone hates this show right off the bat when there are also lots of people who,like it. Just read the comment section right now for all the Ducktales videos and from what I've seen most of the reactions are positive in fact I have a few right now.
    There's two people being referenced here: Those who are upset because it's not exactly how they remember it as a child, and those who are excited because it's something from their childhood. Who we need to be looking at are the new generation who did not grow up with Duck Tales.
    "Shills and mommy bloggers are ruining my park." - Walt Disney

Comment

It's not like the original was a masterpiece.
      Jim in Merced CA - former cast member at Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

There's two people being referenced here: Those who are upset because it's not exactly how they remember it as a child, and those who are excited because it's something from their childhood. Who we need to be looking at are the new generation who did not grow up with Duck Tales.
        Quality is quality.

The later seasons of the original show were atrocious, too.

Comment

Why has Walt Disney never made an animated television series for prime time? We've literally had decades of "The Simpsons," for goodness' sake.

Disney doesn't even make classically-animated feature films anymore!

Apparently, cheap hand-drawn stuff that looks nothing like Disney is fine for carrying the Disney name on basic cable, but Disney-branded classical animation with fine illustrations made using hand-drawn cartoons will never again grace movie theatres!

What insanity is this?

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

Quality is quality.

The later seasons of the original show were atrocious, too.
            How can you judge the quality of new DT based on a preview?
            I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post

The people who are excited and thinks that this looks are an important part to please they will create a following excited to see the next story that will be told with those on some sort of social media promoting the show while also analyzing the show. Disney's not just doing this for nostalgia they're also doing it as a sort of Gravity Falls season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                  Why has Walt Disney never made an animated television series for prime time? We've literally had decades of "The Simpsons," for goodness' sake.

Disney doesn't even make classically-animated feature films anymore!

Apparently, cheap hand-drawn stuff that looks nothing like Disney is fine for carrying the Disney name on basic cable, but Disney-branded classical animation with fine illustrations made using hand-drawn cartoons will never again grace movie theatres!

What insanity is this?

I can't answer the first question but I can answer the seconds question because all post 2000 modern Disney hand drawn movies have underperformed compared to other animated movies released at the same time while movies like Frozen are big successes for Disney so they want to duplicate success and not make mor failures.
                  Last edited by Grizzlyhead; 06-19-2017, 12:35 PM. Reason: I didn't make myself clear at all

Comment

I can't answer the first question but I can answer the seconds question because all Disney hand drawn movies have underperformed while movies like Frozen are big successes for Disney so they want to duplicate success and not make mor failures.
                    Claiming "all" hand drawn movies have underperformed is a dangerous call. It dismisses literally the entire catalog of "Classics" that are the entire foundation of the Disney animation empire. I'd hesitate to say that "Snow White", "Cinderella", "Peter Pan" and the like are underperformers, and even in the modern canon you're dismissing everything through "Princess and the Frog". You'd also have to ignore some truly putrid Disney CG, such as "Chicken Little" which I'd hate to even remotely believe anyone was truly happy releasing, to make the point stick.

They've grown to rely on other methods, and CG assisted movies are likely to remain the standard with varying levels of hand drawn being used depending on studio, director, and project. It's a move in the technology of how to tell stories much the same as Disney's shift to multiplane cameras changed how the industry handled animation during Disney's glory years.

tl;dr?

It ain't the tech. It's the script.
                    Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

As to the topic of a DuckTales ride...

I'd love to see ANY real level of love given to ToonTown. It's a sadly decreasing shadow of what it opened as. Textural details get lost as gags are removed. The area itself keeps functionally losing attractions that wind up shuttered for years (haven't been back there for a while - when was the last time the Chip'n'Dale treehouse was opened?)

Sure, it'd be nice if they updated the area with something that's already proven to have at least a sustainable long term audience, but at this point a new ride of any nature that fits the area's reason for existing would be great.

Now... ROOM for said ride... that might get tricky.
                      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post

Claiming "all" hand drawn movies have underperformed is a dangerous call. It dismisses literally the entire catalog of "Classics" that are the entire foundation of the Disney animation empire. I'd hesitate to say that "Snow White", "Cinderella", "Peter Pan" and the like are underperformers, and even in the modern canon you're dismissing everything through "Princess and the Frog". You'd also have to ignore some truly putrid Disney CG, such as "Chicken Little" which I'd hate to even remotely believe anyone was truly happy releasing, to make the point stick.

They've grown to rely on other methods, and CG assisted movies are likely to remain the standard with varying levels of hand drawn being used depending on studio, director, and project. It's a move in the technology of how to tell stories much the same as Disney's shift to multiplane cameras changed how the industry handled animation during Disney's glory years.

tl;dr?

Sorry Didn't make myself clear I meant modern hand drawn films and while Princess and the Frog was a success it still didn't gross as high as the the Disney Renaissance films and even one person in marketing said it didn't earn as much as it could while from what I understand Pooh was a failure and of course the hand drawn film of the early 2000's except for Lilo and Stitch were flops and criticality panned. I'm not saying that Princess and the Frog is bad it just didn't do as well as Disney expected it to do and let's just say after Pooh and how it did the execs probably have a reason to keep making CGI animated movies especially after the success of Frozen. I'm not saying a hand drawn movie couldn't be a success I'm just saying the executives only see a small things that these movies share and decide to do what everyone else does.If there was a long line of failure of CGI animated movies they would possibly go back to hand drawn movies at least that's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post

tl;dr?

Exactly right. The bogus belief of Disney Animation execs in Michael's day (David Stainton, for one) was that hand-drawn animation was a guaranteed money loser. The proof? Pixar -- because their films were CG.

It's a bogusity that still hangs on among many of the industry's non-animation-savvy animation executives (and not just at Disney).

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

"I was determined to bring back [hand-drawn animation] because I felt it was such a heritage of the Disney studio, and I love the art form ... I was stunned that Princess didn’t do better. We dug into it and did a lot of research and focus groups. It was viewed as old-fashioned by the audience." -John Lassenter

This is why I hate focus tests they restrict the artist while also giving questionable thoughts.

Comment

...This is why I hate focus tests they restrict the artist while also giving questionable thoughts.
                              Bingo x 10! (It's also the reason Disney execs love 'em.)
                              "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

I can't answer the first question but I can answer the seconds question because all modern Disney hand drawn movies have underperformed compared to other animated movies released at the same time while movies like Frozen are big successes for Disney so they want to duplicate success and not make mor failures.
                                One would have to be a fool to think that the reason films, like "Home on the Range," didn't do well is because of the animation.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X