Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Space Mountain going down for 2 months starting in August

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Mountain going down for 2 months starting in August

Just a heads up for anyone planning trips, Space Mountain will be going down for 2 months starting in August for safety upgrades.

Dang right through the Halloween time it must be bad but not serious since it is not down ASAP.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

I wonder what safety upgrades could mean?

Comment

Do you have a starting date ? August + Sept , Could be open in Oct for Holloweentime

Comment

Uh oh...any specific dates or time frames?

Comment

Hoo boy! That's going to add a good number of people to the crowds! SM usually has a pretty long standby line.
            "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

So I only have between July 29th and some time in August to go to Disneyland if I want to ride the Mark Twain, DLRR, and Space Mountain. Hopefully it's towards the later half of August so I still have a good time frame to visit.

Comment

AP blockouts end mid August. So it seems they want to keep it running for the out of town guests. APs may enjoy the ride, but it's nothing new either.

Comment

Originally posted by Wow View Post
                  I wonder what safety upgrades could mean?
                  I've been told it's to replace the lift chains, and automate adding and taking off trains (since it's done by just pushing them at this point).

Originally posted by DarkMetroid567 View Post
                  Uh oh...any specific dates or time frames?
                  I've just heard sometime in August for 2 months, since it's not "official" yet, there is no set date.

Originally posted by Jerryp49 View Post
                  Do you have a starting date ? August + Sept , Could be open in Oct for Holloweentime
                  I've been told it will come back up as Ghost Galaxy.

Comment

would be killer to see the lights fixed in the hallway between lifts or for the effect to be more like the orlando counterpart. Or for the projections in the lift to get a 2017 upgrade a la remember's new graphics. Certainly doable but I won't hold my breath if they have safety and not show upgrades to concern themselves with at the moment.

Comment

Is this confirmed? My fam moved our trip to August since that's when all the attractions should be back. Missing Space Mountain would be like missing sugar in a recipe!

Comment

Hope the outside the mountain," Gets Clean "........
                        I tire seeing Space Mountain .....Dirty Gray....
                        Last edited by Eagleman; 06-19-2017, 06:39 PM.
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                          Hope the outside the mountain," Gets Clean "........
                          I tire seeing Space Mountain .....Dirty Gray....
                          Agree with you whole-heartedly, Eagleman. I recall a few of the MiceChat updates calling attention to this, and they eventually brought enough attention to that dang Fantasyland water bottle for them to remove it, so we can only hope that they take note here as well. Our beloved Space Mountain needs a bath!
                          "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy."

Comment

Originally posted by ianthompson08 View Post

Agree with you whole-heartedly, Eagleman. I recall a few of the MiceChat updates calling attention to this, and they eventually brought enough attention to that dang Fantasyland water bottle for them to remove it, so we can only hope that they take note here as well. Our beloved Space Mountain needs a bath!
                            Thank You for agreement Space Mountain needs a bath!
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by ianthompson08 View Post

It was just cleaned in April and it looks fine. They've made it a habit of cleaning it toward the typical end of the rainy season in SoCal (late April) so I doubt they will clean it again until next year (although I personally don't think it needs it. )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X