Space Mountain going down for 2 months starting in August

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Mountain going down for 2 months starting in August

Just a heads up for anyone planning trips, Space Mountain will be going down for 2 months starting in August for safety upgrades.

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    Space Mountain will be down for over three weeks. I wanted to ask if Promising Tomorrows and Star Tunnel Music were ever used in Disneyland's Space Mountain as they are used in Walt Disney World's Space Mountain?

Leave a comment:

• bamato
    replied
    Originally posted by doomer View Post

The answer is - as always the only place you should trust to find correct, up-to-date closure information - is on disneyland.com
    Ah, gotcha. I looked recently and the calendar didn't go out that far. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• doomer
    replied
    Originally posted by bamato View Post

Where did this info come from?
    The answer is - as always the only place you should trust to find correct, up-to-date closure information - is on disneyland.com

Leave a comment:

• lnsemsf
    replied
    Originally posted by bamato View Post

It's confirmed and direct from Disney. I keep a list of all confirmed dates here for everyone's benefit.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ed-needed.html

Leave a comment:

• bamato
    replied
    Originally posted by doomer View Post
    Congrats on getting the fact of the closure and the starting month right, but the length will be less than 4 weeks: from 8/21 through 9/14

Leave a comment:

• Nirya
    replied
    Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

LOL, no. It's just a long-standing joke that whenever an attraction closes we will say the reason is so they can add a loop. It's even sillier when it's said about something that is not a ride.

Example:
    The corn dog cart is closed for refurbishment.
    Why is it closed?
    They are adding a loop.

I never said it was a good joke, but it's a MiceChat thing nonetheless.
    I miss these days.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied

LOL, no. It's just a long-standing joke that whenever an attraction (or anything at the resort) closes the joke is that they are adding a loop.

Example:
    Why is it closed?
    They are adding a loop.

It take me longer to get that....at my age?
    I got it ,when I though about it long enough LOL

I heard the Pirate's getting a loop
    Last edited by Eagleman; 07-10-2017, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

You feel, that they re-doing the track system ?.....( add a loop)
    That be a New Ride for sure
    LOL, no. It's just a long-standing joke that whenever an attraction closes we will say the reason is so they can add a loop. It's even sillier when it's said about something that is not a ride.

Example:
    Why is it closed?
    They are adding a loop.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    18 posts and no one said they were closing the attraction to add a loop.

Man...you guys are slacking.

You feel, that they re-doing the track system ?.....( add a loop)
    That be a New Ride for sure

Leave a comment:

• Figment56
    replied
    So PhotoMatt says they're adding a loop...cool...lol

Leave a comment:

• PhotoMatt
    replied
    18 posts and no one said they were closing the attraction to add a loop.

Man...you guys are slacking.

Leave a comment:

• doomer
    replied
    Congrats on getting the fact of the closure and the starting month right, but the length will be less than 4 weeks: from 8/21 through 9/14

Leave a comment:

• Disney Boy
    replied
    Yeah the stains were getting gross. I've never liked the all-white facade actually, it doesn't look "space" or "mountain" especially in the daytime... more like a warehouse trying to look futuristic. What would you guys think if it got a dark color with some highlights or stars? Maybe some planets rotating around it? Of course, certain colors would look awful on it as we learned from TL98, so definitely avoid that lol.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLiver View Post

It was just cleaned in April and it looks fine. They've made it a habit of cleaning it toward the typical end of the rainy season in SoCal (late April) so I doubt they will clean it again until next year (although I personally don't think it needs it. )
    Good Information: Mr.Liver, sure still on the grey side, maybe it need new paint.
    Last edited by Eagleman; 06-20-2017, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MrLiver
    replied
    Originally posted by ianthompson08 View Post

Agree with you whole-heartedly, Eagleman. I recall a few of the MiceChat updates calling attention to this, and they eventually brought enough attention to that dang Fantasyland water bottle for them to remove it, so we can only hope that they take note here as well. Our beloved Space Mountain needs a bath!
    It was just cleaned in April and it looks fine. They've made it a habit of cleaning it toward the typical end of the rainy season in SoCal (late April) so I doubt they will clean it again until next year (although I personally don't think it needs it. )

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by ianthompson08 View Post

Agree with you whole-heartedly, Eagleman. I recall a few of the MiceChat updates calling attention to this, and they eventually brought enough attention to that dang Fantasyland water bottle for them to remove it, so we can only hope that they take note here as well. Our beloved Space Mountain needs a bath!
    Thank You for agreement Space Mountain needs a bath!

Leave a comment:

• ianthompson08
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
    Hope the outside the mountain," Gets Clean "........
    I tire seeing Space Mountain .....Dirty Gray....

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Hope the outside the mountain," Gets Clean "........
    I tire seeing Space Mountain .....Dirty Gray....
    Last edited by Eagleman; 06-19-2017, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Boy
    replied
    Is this confirmed? My fam moved our trip to August since that's when all the attractions should be back. Missing Space Mountain would be like missing sugar in a recipe!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X