Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Original Tom Sawyer Island Raft Dock location?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Original Tom Sawyer Island Raft Dock location?

While boarding the raft to TSI, I asked a Cast Member if the dock had always been in it's present location.

At first, she said "yes, it has always been exactly here."

But then she admitted she wasn't sure, given that the NOS area and HM were both added after opening, so perhaps the raft dock might have originally been closer to the Frontierland side of the ROA.

My own recollections on this are pretty hazy, but it is entirely possible that the dock might have been in a different location prior to Fantasmic.

Is there someone out there with a map or better memory than me, who can confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Yes, there was once a dock just opposite the F! stage.

Comment

^ Yep. There were two docks. Photos on Daveland illustrate how much the south end of the island was changed by Fantasmic.
      Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-19-2017, 08:26 AM.
      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
        While boarding the raft to TSI, I asked a Cast Member if the dock had always been in it's present location.

At first, she said "yes, it has always been exactly here." But then she admitted she wasn't sure...
        Just an FYI: Most Cast Members (mostly in their teens and early 20s) may not necessarily be Disney knowledgeable. It's not uncommon for Disney to hire CMs who have never set foot inside Disneyland...yes, it's true!
        Cast Members are given training on how to work the role they've been given. But any knowledge beyond that is up to each individual Cast Member to study up on. She may be working the rafts, but it's up to her to decide if she wants to know more about it. And that knowledge may not necessarily come from a Lead or Manager.

Case in point, a Lead and CM were asked by a guest, "Where can I find Snow White's Grotto?" The Lead said, "Oh you mean Ariel's Grotto. That's at California Adventure." But the Cast Member knew the answer and told the guest, "Snow White's Grotto is to the right of the castle where the wishing well is." So here's someone who worked their way up to a Lead position, and was still unaware of Disney history and facts.

Comment

It's a good point, Natalie. For some CMs, it's just a job.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X