Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Quick Fri-Sat Trip and observations

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Fri-Sat Trip and observations

Hello everyone...wife and I were able to do a Fri night - Sat afternoon trip to the parks and here a couple of things that stood out.

1) I know it was supposed to be "Grad Nights" these last 2 says (YEAAA!!) but the crowds were not bad at all
    2) The HBG is finally working properly again (yes with his sinister laugh before his head materializes to the Hat Box)
    3) Finally rode SM with its original theme....it was so awesome!! Forgot how dark it is without all the projections
    4) Now I dont think its just me..but can anybody confirm if Indy (and other rides have an intensity setting on them)? The reason I say this, is on Fri night within an hr of the park closing my wife and I rode Indy and the whole time I was literally "white knuckling" the whole ride. As all the turns, stops, accelerations were so intense that by the end of the ride, felt like I was just in a car accident! Now I have been an AP for about 5 years now and being that Indy in one of our families favorite rides, there are a lot of things we pay attention to..guess call it being 'Disneywise" :-) but we were like wow...that was actually really not enjoyable and actually a little scary as I was sitting on one of the edge seats. Now before we were going to chalk up this experience being not only concerning we had to verify the next time we rode it (on Sat). So on Sat it was back to "normal"....so what gives and has anyone experienced this type of feeling with not only Indy but any other rides in the parks?
    5) The newly opened up passage (ThunderMountain trail) looks absolutely amazing!!! We first saw it at night with barely anyone in the park (close to closing) and what a great job Disney has done with it.

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by YeaDZNY; 06-19-2017, 10:40 AM.

Thanks for the trip report! I missing reading these.

Comment

You must have a Deluxe or Signature AP. The SoCal Select pass has been blocked for the summer since early June. And the SoCal pass was blocked during the time you were there (23, 24) That explains the heavenly crowd conditions. That pattern will return this Friday when the SoCal summer blockout begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
        You must have a Deluxe or Signature AP. The SoCal Select pass has been blocked for the summer since early June. And the SoCal pass was blocked during the time you were there (23, 24) That explains the heavenly crowd conditions. That pattern will return this Friday when the SoCal summer blockout begins.
        Yea the wife and I have Signature passes...thats really good to know, even more of a reason to call in sick to work more often during the summer :-)

Comment

Originally posted by YeaDZNY View Post

Yea the wife and I have Signature passes...thats really good to know, even more of a reason to call in sick to work more often during the summer :-)
          Actually, as unlikely as it sounds, Saturdays are the best year round because ALL the passes except Signature are blocked out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X