Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Pixar Pier: What's Staying, What's Going

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Pixar Pier: What's Staying, What's Going

Just speculation at this point since nothing concrete has been announced, but what does everyone think will be staying at Paradise Pier and what will be removed/rethemed? As of now, the only Pixar specific attraction at the pier is Toy Story Midway Mania which I think we can safely say is going nowhere. However the rest of the pier is kind of mismatched at this point:

Pretty much unchanged from 2001:
    King Triton's Carousel
    California Screamin' (minor change but not much in my opinion)
    Jumpin' Jellyfish
    Golden Zephyr

Modified during 2007 - 2012 parkwide overhaul:
    Goofy's Skyschool
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Mickey's Funwheel

Added during 2007 - 2012:
    Toy Story Midway Mania
    The Little Mermaid Ariel's Undersea Adventure

I think it's safe to say that most likely Jumpin' Jellyfish and Golden Zephyr won't stick around in their "as is" forms for this refurb like they did the previous one. What becomes more unclear is what is to become of the "Fab 5" style refurbs for Skyschool, Swings, and Funwheel: Will they be rethemed or will the "Pixar" theme somehow include the Fab 5 characters as well. Also, how does Mermaid fit into the equation, or will it revert to being part of another "land"?

In the end, I thought the park had bit of a much of a Pixar saturation and was hoping that they'd commit to the 1930's Golden Age of the Boardwalk and the Fab 5 characters theme that they had going, only much more so than the 07 - 12 refurbishment addressed. Golden Zephyr is kind of an "afterthought" attraction when the park was built but has always been one of my favorites in Paradise Pier perhaps just for the kinetic energy it added to the pier and fit the 30's theme pretty well too so it'd be sad to see another 2001 attraction leave, on the other hand I could probably care less about Jumpin' Jellyfish. What does everyone think?

"Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

When I was looking at Google Earth, I was putting the 'end' of Paradise (soon to be Pixar) Pier just to the right of the building with the blue roof (just past Corn Dog Castle) straight across the walkway to just to the right of the Golden Zephyr. Little Mermaid is just outside of that area. I think everything to the left of my 'imaginary line' will be re-themed rather than removed/replaced, with the exception of Mickey's WoD, I don't think they'll mess with Mickey. If they do tear anything down, I think it will be Paradise Gardens. What they'd replace it with is anybody's guess. I'm not sure if it's big enough to put Monster's Inc in that space. But that would free up the MI area to be part of the Marvel expansion (assuming they use that area).
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

All of it. Gone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16358306238_fd5680a580_b.png
Views:	1
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	8524091

Comment

Other than Space Mountain in Paris, the music for California Screamin by Gary Hoey (in my opinion) is the best synchronized music written for a ride. Recently all the trains have had the music working and sounding great. I seriously hope the audio stays the same - It would be a shame to see it go.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X