Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

What will the Marvel area look like?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the Marvel area look like?

In my opinion, DCA can still utilize the "C" part of its name by making the Marvel area a fantastical "heightened" version of an urban LA-like environment, a City of Heroes, much like how the pier concept is turning into a fantastical Pixar version of a California pier

Also, do you think one or two more rides are coming to the area in the first phase?

DCA is obviously transitioning from Disney's Adventure Park ABOUT California to Disney's Adventure Park IN California, so I think that the Marvel Land will eventually consume all of Hollywood Land and the visual theming will be New York in one section and the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe in another. My guess is that this will be done in two or more stages, with the coaster behind GotG:MB being put in first, and then in the next stage, the backlot area will be replaced. I think the Hyperion Theater will remain, but perhaps rethemed to a Broadway theater.

Comment

I don’t think there is enough room where the Hyperion theater is to do this but I’d love to see a marvel stunt show. Similar to (outdoing) the waterworld show at Universal. I think that would be really cool.

Comment

Here's what I would like to see. Where the muppet theater is put the Iron man ride from Disneyland Paris (I think). That whole stretch where Monsters inc. is around the corner all the way to the Hyperion theater put in an Avengers ride using the technology they're using for the Pandora boat ride at Animal Kingdom. (No boat though. Maybe trackless technology) the Hyperion theater wouldn't fit style wise in that area now so I would try to put an outdoor stunt show there ala waterworld stunt show and Universal. If it can't fit there put it across the street where turtle talk and all that stuff is. Or if the rumors are true that the bus stops are going to go away expand the park out there and put it there. Put a Marvel coaster behind GOTG that is floorless and is an indoor and outdoor coaster. Have it slow down inside for a dark ride style animatronic show ala Snow White mine train. As far as theming, do like an industrial Avengers headquarters style. Or a war town New York style. Or both.
        Thats what I'd do if I had the magic wand.

Comment

A marvel stunt show sounds awesome. If only they could get all the Marvel characters across.

If they could get a spidey character zipping through the street through out the day too that would be great too.

Gotta say I love the idea of a marvel indoor outdoor coaster.... why arent you guys designing this?

Comment

Originally posted by CalamityPoo View Post
            ... why arent you guys designing this?
            Disney won’t return my calls. Lol!

Comment

it'll be hollywood land with new paint and marvel references everywhere that's it
              Bob Chapek is colluding with Russia

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                it'll be hollywood land with new paint and marvel references everywhere that's it
                Lmao!
                that sounds good too.

Comment

Hopefully it will be more impressive than "Marvel Super Hero Island" at Islands of Adventure.

Comment

With a possible Spider-Man attraction, I would assume we will see a New York-inspired neighborhood. I'd also love to see the globe icon from the Stark Expo somewhere in the land. It would be such a great tribute to the 1964-65 World's Fair. Granted, none of this makes sense within a "California" dubbed park, but it's something to think about.

As much as I love the Disney Animation lobby, I can imagine that attraction being bulldozed to make way for a new street that heads directly towards Mission: Breakout! and the new Marvel area. If they did something like this, we could still have a Hollywoodland area that could be the home to new Disney inspired attractions. The Collector's Fortress would make a great "weenie" at the end of the new street which would include much taller building facades. These new facades could also help breakup that jarring new vista from the old Condor Flats area.
                    Last edited by Colby; 07-19-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
                      Can we quote you stating that as a fact, whether or not it turns out to be true?
                      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

Can we quote you stating that as a fact, whether or not it turns out to be true?
                        No, because this is a prediction thread. And that's what I'm predicting.
                        Bob Chapek is colluding with Russia

Comment

So while the Marvel area in DCA will be inspired by the MCU it will exist in its own continuity. So I think it would be great if the Hollywood backlot becomes the Avengers Compound aka The Avengers West Compound in LA. What the hell you do behind MBO I don't know, but I did suggest awhile ago, much like David, that theming that area to Marvel Cosmic CU would be a good idea: Asgard, Ragnarok, or some such place.

Comment

How bout this?

Comment

I would like to see some sort of central building. IF they wanted to keep with any bit of the California theme (which they probably don't), I would think it might make sense to use Tony Stark's house as a focal point. Inside could be a generic Avengers attraction or a "fly with Iron Man" simulator type thing.

I don't know. I'm sure it will be better than I expect, but all I can think is meet and greets galore, more paint jobs like GotG, and maybe a themed restaurant with shawarma on the menu.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X