Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Build a bear, Chapel Hats, Ridemakerz to Close for more dining options.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Build a bear, Chapel Hats, Ridemakerz to Close for more dining options.

This news just broke by the OC Register, with sources telling them that it is NOT caused by poor performance and stating that if given space, the 3 stores could have the opportunity to reopen in new locatons within DTD

In-N-Out. Please, In-N-Out!

Comment

So happy to see DTD finally getting some love. First Splitsville and now this. I just hope there's a complete new aesthetic to DTD as it needs it badly.

Comment

This is very sad. My kids love two of those stores. I have not spent a dime in any restaurant there in over 5 years. But I have spent hundreds in Build a Bear and Ride Makers.

More reasons not to go to Downtown
        Posted proudly from an Apple II+

Comment

Any idea what's going in? I'd love to see something more experienced themed for families. Splitsville seems more for adults and a business crowd. An American Girl store with a bistro would make a fortune there. We enjoyed the RideMakers experience and it was a great memory souvenir. I hope whatever goes on is fun.

Comment

It is sad that DTD isnt being a better landlord to Build a Bear and Ridermakerz. Especially since there are VERY FEW stores that have appeal to the younger crowd ( and younger crowd at E

Even when DTD was built, it was out shadowed by The Grove, which opened at about the same time as DTD. , Overall, I think Universal Citywalk in Hollywood (even though it is nearly 25 years old, has a much better selection of stores, and wider variety of restaurants to choose from. The theater is a far cry above what AMC offers in DTD. You really have to wonder why AMC in DTD is so sub parr, when it should be AMC's shinning star, out of it's entire chain!.

Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              It is sad that DTD isnt being a better landlord to Build a Bear and Ridermakerz. Especially since there are VERY FEW stores that have appeal to the younger crowd ( and younger crowd at E

Even when DTD was built, it was out shadowed by The Grove, which opened at about the same time as DTD. , Overall, I think Universal Citywalk in Hollywood (even though it is nearly 25 years old, has a much better selection of stores, and wider variety of restaurants to choose from. The theater is a far cry above what AMC offers in DTD. You really have to wonder why AMC in DTD is so sub parr, when it should be AMC's shinning star, out of it's entire chain!.
              I get more from Universal Citywalk in Hollywood also ,
              than I ever did in Down Town Disney.......Just to bad the location is lot further ,were I live .
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Getting rid of Build a bear is a shame. If they replace it with something that works thatd be cool though. How many more options for food do they need.

Comment

In case anyone wants a link to the article:

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/23...eyland-resort/

I'm very surprised by build a bear, considering all the Disney exclusive stuff they have etc. Its very busy in there. Clearly Downtown Disney needs to expand, and Disney's just not doing it. Can we get Disney springs or what?
                  Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

They are also changing the name to Dinetown Disney.

Comment

I foresaw the hat store closing. Way to expensive. I look forward to whatever restaurant(s) replace the stores.
                      My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                        Even when DTD was built, it was out shadowed by The Grove, which opened at about the same time as DTD. , Overall, I think Universal Citywalk in Hollywood (even though it is nearly 25 years old, has a much better selection of stores, and wider variety of restaurants to choose from.
                        Completely agree. The dining options of Citywalk are so much better with places like Tony Roma's and Bubba Gump. What Downtown Disney needs to add are more real restaurants such as Island's or Claim Jumper. Citywalk also has fast, easy places like Cinnabon, which would be a perfect fit in Downtown Disney.

Something Citywalk also has, in regards to shopping, is a Dodgers' team store. Well, with Angels Stadium just one mile away, why is there not an Angels team store in Downtown Disney? Personally, I think Disney needs to buy back the Angels and expand the Disneyland Resort to cover that area and add a Ballpark Village, like found in St Louis, over there. Then ESPN could move there and free up space in DTD, but that's a conversation for another time.

Lastly, the atmosphere is just better. The way it feels completely closed in with the parking structures on either side is actually really cozy. Multiple levels for walking is also really nice. And let's face it, Downtown Disney is pretty boring to look at. The exteriors are all so dated and there's nothing particularly memorable about any of it. Citywalk's overuse of neon lights and fun building designs give the area some real charm. Simply put, the Naple's clown has nothing on neon King Kong. Citywalk leaves an impact with the Hard Rock's giant guitar that Jazz Kitchen's saxophone doesn't.

Look, I'm not saying Disney should be copying what Universal has done, but if they're going to mimic it, they should at least do it right. If Disney wants to redesign Downtown Disney and give it a completely new style, sort of like what they did in Walt Disney World, maybe something to match the Grand Californian a bit more, then that's fine, too. All I want is it to be somewhere I want to visit again and again, and right now, it's not.

Comment

Nice to hear, as those stores were just a big waste of space. What I dont understand is, why isn't there any stores close by that can accommodate for shoes, sandals, socks etc... I cant tell you how many times I have been to the park and not just me but someone in my party that either didnt bring the right shoes or needs a new pair of socks because Splash Mountain or Grizzly Rapids soaked their feet.

Comment

I actually think the whole DTD could use a redo. So much wasted space just with the way the buildings are layed out.
                            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                            My company had a special night at the park
                            WdW trip report with WWoHP
                            NYE 2011 trip report
                            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                            Leap year 24 hour report
                            New DCA trip report
                            NYE 2012
                            HKDL trip report

Comment

It's weird that there's so much love for CityWalk. I was last there a couple of months ago and it felt even more tacky and charmless than it did when I worked there 17 years ago. With its chain restaurants, fast food joints, and souvenir shops it seems to be aimed squarely at teenagers. It has all the coziness of walking through a concrete canyon. No thanks. I'll take the much smaller yet much more inviting and upscale Downtown Disney any day. I sure wouldn't mind a significant expansion, though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X