Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

(idea/possibility) Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad in Toontown?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (idea/possibility) Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad in Toontown?

This is not a rumor, I haven't heard anything of the sort. But, wouldn't adding this exciting (at least, I'm excited about it) new ride be just the addition that would make Mickey's Toontown a full-fledged land with enough to do instead of a the "mini-land" that it basically is now? With 2 E-Ticket rides and theming that this ride fits perfectly into, I think it would be a great addition. Thoughts?

I'd rather Toon Town just be removed, but if it were to come here, my problem still remains as it does with DHS: it's the ugly new Mickey Mouse instead of the more classic design.

Comment

I think you may have something there. There'd need to be a lot of rearrangement to make it happen. It would also require closing the land completely to get it done which I don't think would be a big loss. That could be very cool though.

Comment

Sounds like it would be a good fit and they actually have the room from the pizza stand going west.

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RPaul View Post
          I'd rather Toon Town just be removed, but if it were to come here, my problem still remains as it does with DHS: it's the ugly new Mickey Mouse instead of the more classic design.
          I wanted them to turn the Great Movie Ride into the Great Mickey Ride. Take us through sets and animatronics from all of Mickey's greatest hits. Start with Steamboat Willie and end on these new shorts.

Comment

I’m not sure toontown is the right place for it. I don’t know the details as far as the scale of the ride but the building it’s going into at WDW is pretty big. If it were going to go in toontown it would have to take over the roger rabbit ride and maybe still need more room than that show building has.
            With so many rumors for so many years of toontown being on the chopping block I can’t see any new rides going in there. But I could see it in the space where swan lake used to be.

Comment

Have you seen the cartoons that this Mickey is in? They’re hilarious! If it’s going to have that kind of humor in the ride then it’d have to be this version of Mickey. All the other versions of Mickey (Mickey mouse clubhouse, Mickey and the roadster racers, classic 40’s 50’s 60’s Mickey) wouldn’t fit the humoristic stylings of this one. IMO

Comment

I wonder if this attraction would fit in the footprint of where the Fantasyland Theater current resides.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                  I wonder if this attraction would fit in the footprint of where the Fantasyland Theater current resides.
                  I'd rather they bring some amazing show there than get rid of it altogether. But, I can see Disney getting rid of the theater for a ride in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                    I would love to see this area used in a future fantasyland expansion. With the trees and hills it could have some pretty amazing sight lines.

Comment

Originally posted by matterhorn77 View Post
                      I’m not sure toontown is the right place for it. I don’t know the details as far as the scale of the ride but the building it’s going into at WDW is pretty big. If it were going to go in toontown it would have to take over the roger rabbit ride and maybe still need more room than that show building has.
                      With so many rumors for so many years of toontown being on the chopping block I can’t see any new rides going in there. But I could see it in the space where swan lake used to be.
                      I think most of us agree that TT is in need of a complete makeover. If TT is kept and the Mickey ride is added they could completely redo the land entirely. The only question is where do they go to expand it. I do think that the land is the appropriate place for it though.

Comment

I always support additions to the parks! The showbuilding for Great Movie Ride is massive (I think it's the size of the Small World building), so it would either require plenty of backstage space or reworking half of Toontown. Either way, I think it would be cool to see how they do this ride. I'm not too married to the idea of "old Mickey" just because he's changed so much over the years. The only reason so much time passed before the most recent change is because Mickey retreated from any real media over that same period of time. It could be that any resistance I have to change is almost always offset by my imagination about what the possibilities could be. It doesn't always turn out that way *cough* GotG M:B and Fantasmic 2.0 *cough*, but I guess I'm optimistic Disney can make something out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                          I always support additions to the parks! The showbuilding for Great Movie Ride is massive (I think it's the size of the Small World building), so it would either require plenty of backstage space or reworking half of Toontown. Either way, I think it would be cool to see how they do this ride. I'm not too married to the idea of "old Mickey" just because he's changed so much over the years. The only reason so much time passed before the most recent change is because Mickey retreated from any real media over that same period of time. It could be that any resistance I have to change is almost always offset by my imagination about what the possibilities could be. It doesn't always turn out that way *cough* GotG M:B and Fantasmic 2.0 *cough*, but I guess I'm optimistic Disney can make something out of it.
                          One thing that gives me faith in the success of this is that the animators and writers have creative control of the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by matterhorn77 View Post

Have you seen the cartoons that this Mickey is in? They’re hilarious! If it’s going to have that kind of humor in the ride then it’d have to be this version of Mickey. All the other versions of Mickey (Mickey mouse clubhouse, Mickey and the roadster racers, classic 40’s 50’s 60’s Mickey) wouldn’t fit the humoristic stylings of this one. IMO
                            I've seen a few. I don't love the writing but it's ok. It's really the look of the animation and its style that I can't stand.

Comment

I've seen a few. I don't love the writing but it's ok. It's really the look of the animation and its style that I can't stand.
                              I love the animation. In a time where everything is computer animated this show has that old school look. That paint inside and outside the lines watercolor look. Love it. And I love the humor.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X