Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

Originally posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    Once again I go back my original thought that Disney has already committed this to the public through the press release, so they are in a position where they could potentially receive a huge amount of bad publicity should they not deliver.
    Two words. Disney Decade.
    Disney has announced plenty that has not gone through. Remember, everything is subject to change.

Comment

This is yet another FALSE start on the DCA re-do. I'm tired of the promises with no results. I don't think WDI and DL will EVER figure out how to fix DCA
      WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Sediment beat you both to it yesterday...

Aladdin, tell us how you really feel!!!

EDIT:Sediment beat me to it to let you know that Sediment beat you to it

Interesting point...

Once again I go back my original thought that Disney has already committed this to the public through the press release, so they are in a position where they could potentially receive a huge amount of bad publicity should they not deliver.

At the beginning of this post it was also my fear that when things get good, they will pull back on the revamp because they see high numbers and feel it isn't needed.
        It wouldn't be a first for Disney to say one thing and then scale back after the announcement. Case in point: They had a third park website and talked about this great new area. No more website (for quite awhile now too).
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
          It wouldn't be a first for Disney to say one thing and then scale back after the announcement. Case in point: They had a third park website and talked about this great new area. No more website (for quite awhile now too).
          or WestCOT
          DisneySea
          World Showcase Pavilions: Spain, Israel, Equatorial Africa
          Disney-MGM Studios Europe (drastically scaled back to Walt Disney Studios Park)
          Roger Rabbit attractions
          Beastlie Kingdomme
          Muppet's Great Movie Ride

Even Walt wasn't immune to not going through
          International Street
          Liberty Street
          Edison Square

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
            or WestCOT
            DisneySea
            World Showcase Pavilions: Spain, Israel, Equatorial Africa
            Disney-MGM Studios Europe (drastically scaled back to Walt Disney Studios Park)
            Roger Rabbit attractions
            Beastlie Kingdomme
            Muppet's Great Movie Ride

Even Walt wasn't immune to not going through
            International Street
            Liberty Street
            Edison Square
            Or the great lie from my childhood: Discovery Bay.

Comment

Very valid points from all of you. While it is very much a possibility that Disney does not follow through, I still haven't lost hope that they will deliver...:beg:
              "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

I'm sure they'll deliver the grand entrance by the time they said (2011 or 2012). They made too much of a grand announcement to go back on it now.

And if not... we can at least count on a beautiful new Paradise Pier right?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Very valid points from all of you. While it is very much a possibility that Disney does not follow through, I still haven't lost hope that they will deliver...:beg:

But, will what they deliver bear any creative or quality relationship to many of the earlier projects they shelved? If they fail to follow through with poor concepts, I wouldn't be as dissapointed as I would if they shelved a great kick *** concept (not that any that they have announced appear to fall into that catagory).

Comment

I hope this wasn't just to pull the wool over Anaheim's eyes once again.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X