Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• techskip
    replied
    Re: Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I could actually see and understand what TDA is worried about and for once, i think they have a pretty good point.

They're afraid of losing more attendance than they already have right now, so if by giving us Toy Story Mania AND World of Color Lagoon show, that would give us extra incentive to then use the separate side entrances into the park.

But with Toy Story Mania opening in the summer, woudln't that be enough of a weener to bring us into the park?

but I can also see the aesthetic of revealing the grand entrance for the 10th anniversary. that would be quite awesome indeed.
    I can see a valid point in holding back. However, if they wait for the crowds of summer and the opening of Toy Story, or the opening of Lagoon, wouldn't it be more crowded making the problem worse? Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I could actually see and understand what TDA is worried about and for once, i think they have a pretty good point.

They're afraid of losing more attendance than they already have right now, so if by giving us Toy Story Mania AND World of Color Lagoon show, that would give us extra incentive to then use the separate side entrances into the park.

But with Toy Story Mania opening in the summer, woudln't that be enough of a weener to bring us into the park?

but I can also see the aesthetic of revealing the grand entrance for the 10th anniversary. that would be quite awesome indeed.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Let's not forget about the Cast Members who would be laid off if the park were to close.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyMickey
    replied

I think if it was just up to WDI, work would have already started, but TDA is holding them back from just getting the work started and finished with.

Leave a comment:

• mainstreetcm
    replied

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
    They should just close the park and get the makeover done.

Disneyland was built in a year, and while it was much simpler than a modern theme park, how can the makeover posibly take four years? Just close it and do it right.
    Isn't the reason it is suppose to take four years is because of the financials. While Disney has pledged over 1 Billion to the project, that money is not just lying around somewhere. Thus if they build in phases they can use capital that comes from quarterly performance instead of just taking the large sum at the beginning.

I could be wrong but I believe that is why it takes much longer than the original Disneyland did. Also Disney didn't have enough money to build Disneyland to begin with, it was because of ABC that the park got built in a year (and even then Tomorrowland wasn't finished on time).

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post

Disneyland was built in a year, and while it was much simpler than a modern theme park, how can the makeover posibly take four years? Just close it and do it right.

I agree.
    With low attendance numbers as it is, it's not like it's going to hurt them at all.
    And just think
    with everyone out of work on that side, payroll will make up for the little to none in ticket revenue that the park makes.
    Oh, wait...jobs.
    Dang, plan foiled.

If they could get work for those in DCA, I would def. agree to close the park for a year or so.

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

They are afraid people won't come over if the park is impossible to get into.
    I can see the point of view they have, but at the same time

The longer you put something off, the least likely it will get done.

Personally...
    I'm thinking (and it's just my opinion and hoping I'm very much in the wrong about this)
    If the few things they are planning to put into the park pan out and bring higher attendance, they won't have to redo the park. They are already scared about the money that it's going to take to redo the park and some buildings are proving to be more costly than orig. thought. Pray I'm wrong and Lasseter gets some heavy fire lit under certain people and the plans move forward.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyMickey
    started a topic Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

I think they are being stupid by pushing DCA's projects back. They are only going to end up making bigger headaches for themselves. The work was supposed to start in October, then it was pushed to January 2008, and now it won't begin until 2009? They are only going to end up having to do more at the same time if they keep waiting.

If they keep waiting and these projects pile up, things will probably end up just being canceled. Philharmagic is the first example of this.

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X