Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Re: Is it a bad idea to push DCA's projects back?

Originally posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    Very valid points from all of you. While it is very much a possibility that Disney does not follow through, I still haven't lost hope that they will deliver...:beg:
    I hope this wasn't just to pull the wool over Anaheim's eyes once again.

Leave a comment:

• bfdf55
    replied

Very valid points from all of you. While it is very much a possibility that Disney does not follow through, I still haven't lost hope that they will deliver...:beg:

But, will what they deliver bear any creative or quality relationship to many of the earlier projects they shelved? If they fail to follow through with poor concepts, I wouldn't be as dissapointed as I would if they shelved a great kick *** concept (not that any that they have announced appear to fall into that catagory).

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I'm sure they'll deliver the grand entrance by the time they said (2011 or 2012). They made too much of a grand announcement to go back on it now.

And if not... we can at least count on a beautiful new Paradise Pier right?

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rgrant999
    replied

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    or WestCOT
    DisneySea
    World Showcase Pavilions: Spain, Israel, Equatorial Africa
    Disney-MGM Studios Europe (drastically scaled back to Walt Disney Studios Park)
    Roger Rabbit attractions
    Beastlie Kingdomme
    Muppet's Great Movie Ride

Even Walt wasn't immune to not going through
    International Street
    Liberty Street
    Edison Square
    Or the great lie from my childhood: Discovery Bay.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    It wouldn't be a first for Disney to say one thing and then scale back after the announcement. Case in point: They had a third park website and talked about this great new area. No more website (for quite awhile now too).
    or WestCOT
    DisneySea
    World Showcase Pavilions: Spain, Israel, Equatorial Africa
    Disney-MGM Studios Europe (drastically scaled back to Walt Disney Studios Park)
    Roger Rabbit attractions
    Beastlie Kingdomme
    Muppet's Great Movie Ride

Even Walt wasn't immune to not going through
    International Street
    Liberty Street
    Edison Square

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

Sediment beat you both to it yesterday...

Aladdin, tell us how you really feel!!!

EDIT:Sediment beat me to it to let you know that Sediment beat you to it

Interesting point...

Once again I go back my original thought that Disney has already committed this to the public through the press release, so they are in a position where they could potentially receive a huge amount of bad publicity should they not deliver.

At the beginning of this post it was also my fear that when things get good, they will pull back on the revamp because they see high numbers and feel it isn't needed.
    It wouldn't be a first for Disney to say one thing and then scale back after the announcement. Case in point: They had a third park website and talked about this great new area. No more website (for quite awhile now too).

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied

This is yet another FALSE start on the DCA re-do. I'm tired of the promises with no results. I don't think WDI and DL will EVER figure out how to fix DCA

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Once again I go back my original thought that Disney has already committed this to the public through the press release, so they are in a position where they could potentially receive a huge amount of bad publicity should they not deliver.
    Two words. Disney Decade.
    Disney has announced plenty that has not gone through. Remember, everything is subject to change.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by sediment View Post
    ... in Wonderland.

I checked google map of the entrances.
    The western portal, as I will be calling it, since I suggested it first, is about the same size as DCA's bottleneck under the shrunken golden gate bridge near the entrance. Maybe a little smaller.
    It is also outside the security tents, so that might be a bit of a logistic issue.
    I figure this entrance is used for large equipment, so I don't know if having turnstiles in the way here will be an issue, or if the current entrance could be used as the large-equipment entrance while construction is going on.
    So, combine the hotel entrances with the western portal, and that should work fine.
    Not sure how or where an entrance through the WWTBAM building would work.
    On second thought, I'll share the credit with sediment and klinksalot. We're all pretty brilliant, aren't we?

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
    I don't see how moving the enterence a dozen yards to the left is going to deter people?
    They're afraid of Clark Griswold.

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Makes perfect sense...
    ... in Wonderland.

I checked google map of the entrances.
    The western portal, as I will be calling it, since I suggested it first, is about the same size as DCA's bottleneck under the shrunken golden gate bridge near the entrance. Maybe a little smaller.
    It is also outside the security tents, so that might be a bit of a logistic issue.
    I figure this entrance is used for large equipment, so I don't know if having turnstiles in the way here will be an issue, or if the current entrance could be used as the large-equipment entrance while construction is going on.
    So, combine the hotel entrances with the western portal, and that should work fine.
    Not sure how or where an entrance through the WWTBAM building would work.

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    OK But sediment's idea was just a 'second thought' mine was a 'first thought.' Sir klinksalot's thought was a 'first thought' thought second.

But even sediment admits his idea was just a 'second thought', which doesn't count! :lol:
    Makes perfect sense...

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by sediment View Post
    Regarding the DCA entrance redo:... Second thought: use GCH and PPH entrances. Or, use giant doors west of Soarin'. I mean, they're right there....
    OK But sediment's idea was just a 'second thought' mine was a 'first thought.' Sir klinksalot's thought was a 'first thought' thought second.

But even sediment admits his idea was just a 'second thought', which doesn't count! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Professortango
    replied

I don't see how moving the enterence a dozen yards to the left is going to deter people? Will there still be a large enterence to accomodate visitors? Yes, it'll just dump them out in the backlot instead of Sunshine Plaza and they'll have to walk another 30 to 50 feet further to get to Midway Mania.

Leave a comment:

• ROBONICS95
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Also, is the area where the temporary entrance is going to be really the best place?

Forgive me, but isn't there a HUGE gate to near Soarin' that they have used. I know that's generally reserved for Ambulances, Fire-Trucks, etc, but why not have 2 entrances?

EDIT: CaliforniaAdventurer beat me to it.
    Sediment beat you both to it yesterday...

Aladdin, tell us how you really feel!!!

EDIT:Sediment beat me to it to let you know that Sediment beat you to it

Originally posted by Lazyboy970
    My biggest fear with the idea of "establishing" larger crowds is that it could be used as en excuse to later cut projects. Why spend all of this money when these new additions are working?
    Interesting point...

Last edited by ROBONICS95; 11-14-2007, 03:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Why can't the new entrance be between the GC Hotel and Soarin'? There's a gate next to La Brea Bakery that they could use.
    Wow, what a great idea!
    I wish I would have thought of it.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...e-83142p4.html
    Post number 46, yesterday at 4:46PM

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

My biggest fear with the idea of "establishing" larger crowds is that it could be used as en excuse to later cut projects. Why spend all of this money when these new additions are working?

Larger crowds also pose larger problems. This would be more people to work around. More people to to get confused about the temporary entrance. More people looking for offerings that may be [temporarily] closed.

Closing the park would be a huge loss. Money would have to be spent to retrain Cast Members. Toy Story Midway Mania would be wasted in getting built. Disney would then have to re-staff the park for re-opening.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Why can't the new entrance be between the GC Hotel and Soarin'? There's a gate next to La Brea Bakery that they could use.

That's good point. I think perhaps they want to keep it out of Downtown Disney to keep security in the same spot and not crowd DD.

I'll personally use the Grand Californian entrance more where possible.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

Also, is the area where the temporary entrance is going to be really the best place?

Forgive me, but isn't there a HUGE gate to near Soarin' that they have used. I know that's generally reserved for Ambulances, Fire-Trucks, etc, but why not have 2 entrances?

EDIT: CaliforniaAdventurer beat me to it.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X