Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lisa's Mega Colossal, SupercaliforniafragilistikexpialaTrip Report! 10/26-31

After rides, snacks and fireworks we felt the need for a little... relief. And how fun to learn that even the bathrooms have a bit of themeing!
    Kaylie looks like a princess, doesn't she? But her tiara is often pretty crooked, ha ha!

We'd passed up Mr Toad's Wild Ride earlier because of a long line. After the fireworks it was at a reasonable 15 minutes, so we joined the crowd. It was a fun ride, but again, Joey wasn't thrilled with it because of the darkness. He did like the car we posed with afterwards though!

The next thing we decided to tackle was The Matterhorn Bobsleds! Neither Trev nor Joey wanted to face that ride, so they were content to relax on a nearby bench while Tom and Kaylie and I hopped in line. It was probably about a 15- 2o minute wait.

I have to be honest and admit we weren't impressed with the bobsled ride. Tom and Kaylie rode in one car and I rode in the other right behind them. The ride was so jerky, that I didn't feel safe in my car. I was tossed all over the place and I'm not a small person! I had a bruise on my arm from a smack to the side of the car during a fast, jerky turn. Kaylie and Tom felt the same way. This was just our opinion based upon one time on the ride though. It was late and we were tired from a full day of travel. Our opinion might be different had we ridden it at a different time.

After the ride, we found the boys kicking back and relaxing.

A beautiful view of Tomorrowland at night.

We were all exhausted and decided to do one more ride and call it a night. We decided to ride the monorail to get a full layout of the park. We had just sat down in the car, when the driver announced he had four seats available in the front car with him. Well, since we're a party of five, we couldn't take him up on it, so a group of teenagers did.

We liked the monorail. It was awesome seeing all of Disneyland by night, it was all so amazingly pretty. The motion of the cars though was very relaxing and by the time we were done, we were more than ready for our beds.

Joey was all about food during our visit. He couldn't get enough of the fun snacks. He immediately spotted a popcorn vendor and announced that he just had to have some of the "hot, delicious, buttery popcorn". So we stopped. Joey was also thirsty and wanted a bottle of water. The vendor was out of water, but kindly offered Joey an unopened bottle of her own water and didn't charge us. Several vendors did that for us during our visit there. And yes, the popcorn was hot and delicious. We ate it all the way back to the car, inbetween yawns.

Trev was the first one out as soon as the car was in motion. It was around midnight. He was the only one who hadn't napped that afternoon, so with the two hour time difference, we'd been on the go for nearly 24 hours. We were wiped out.

I mean WIPED OUT!

Day One was a huge success. We only had about 5 hours in the park, but we rode a fair amount of rides, sampled lots of good snacks, bought souvenirs and watched the amazing fireworks show! All in all, a great night!

Tomorrow afternoon or evening I'll post part 2/day 2 of the trip in a new post. Thanks for the kind comments- and goodnight!

Comment

Re: Lisa's Mega Colossal, SupercaliforniafragilistikexpialaTrip Report! 10/26-31

Wonderful first day of your TR

Comment

oh noooooo...it's more agonizing than that blasted jack bauer series, 24.....OK fine. I'm off to bed then too.
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

ah... the anticipation!

Is it tomorrow yet?!

Comment

Great TR!! I agree that it's always neat to see first timers trips!! And you and your family did get a lot done in your first day!

Comment

Oswald, I can't remember exactly where the knight was. I want to say near the Carousel in front of one of the shops. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Disney I Presume, it's all thanks to the GPS. Without that, we'd have been a very stressed family! Fortuantely, our flight times did not have us driving in LA during rush hour times. We left the rental car place just after noon, I think. We got to the hotel just before 1pm. It helped avoiding heavy traffic. The GPS was very precise though, and made driving fun.

Karla- like I could forget you! It's just been a very busy week settling into the new job. Plus, I was killing everybody's inboxes with the pictures. I knew I'd better take advantage of my day off today to transfer my pictures to post and do the TR or it would never get done.

Thanks All4 and nemofinder. It was such a fantastic trip! I wish I could do the whole trip report now, it's fun looking at the pictures and remembering things. But morning comes early and I'm already up wayyyyy past my bedtime. I'll have to work hard not to be grouchy at the nursing home.

See y'all tomorrow!

Comment

Great pix. Thanks a ton for posting them all!

Comment

Awesome little trip report! I loved looking at all your pics and reading what you had to say. It made me feel as though I was there.

Thanks for sharing because I loved it!
                  http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
                  Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

I was wondering when I would see this TR go up! Great pictures so far, that is so cool that your camera has a setting for fireworks! They came out great. Can't wait to see more!

Comment

fantastic report! I enjoyed all the misc. pictures too! The jumping around in the rooms, a shot of Target... all really really cool!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

you've got some great shots thanks for sharing

PS don't you just love the projections on Its a Small World during the Remember firteworks

check me out on Flickr
                        www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Comment

Thanks for the great comments- and for putting up with some of my silly pictures. I wish I didn't have to go to work so I could post the rest of it now!

Comment

Such a unique perspective! Thanks so much for sharing this!

I just gotta ask...what Italian restaurant is that in the very beginning? THat wouldn't happen to be "La Casa" would it? I taught in Omaha for a whopping one semester!

Peace,
                            Roo
                            husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Wonderful TR so far!!!! You all looked like you had a great time. keep the pics coming.:thumbup:

Comment

Thanks - this has been really great. Better late than never. Keep it coming. Looks like you have a really wonderful family. Looking forward to more of you TR.

Comment

Awesome report, post as many pics as you want!!!

Comment

Thats kinda freaky. The last time we flew to california and went to Disneyland, We stopped by Del Taco then went to this Target. I can hear the Twilight sounds.
                                    DisneyTwins
                                    Since May 2003

Comment

I love this TR so far! You've got me hooked. I can't wait for more. And you've made me miss Utah. I loved waking up every morning to those pink mountains in the sunrise. Great photos, all of them!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Love this trip report so far. I am glad I never found it until today, I have LESS time to wait for some more now!
                                        Great fireworks pics, some of the best I have seen!

Comment

Great TR so far, can't wait for the rest!!!!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X