Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lisa's Mega Colossal, SupercaliforniafragilistikexpialaTrip Report! 10/26-31

Thank you Lisa for taking the time to make this TR, it is I believe the best one I have looked at! It is nice to relive memories of the Park from another family that does not make it often. I am so glad that you and the family had an awsome trip, and that you have such great memories and photos of the event!

Comment

• Re: Lisa's Mega Colossal, SupercaliforniafragilistikexpialaTrip Report! 10/26-31

I'd like to thank you for your trip report - It reminded me why I'm a castmember! Around the holidays it can get so crazy with scheduling and crowds and everything that you can lose sight of it. But it's all right there in the faces of your family. I am SO glad you all had a good time! And be proud of yourselves, because through you guys, about 500 other people on these boards have re-lived their first trips as well! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
      "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Thank You for the great trip report, I'm sad its over.

Comment

That was an amazing Trip Report Lisa!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I'm glad that I got be a tiny part of it as well!

Comment

Lisa, thank you for sharing the best trip report ever!! I am so glad you got to go, and I was laughing so hard at you having to buy new suitcase. When we go we bring 2 folded up duffles for things we bring back, that made me laugh thinking of all the stuff you had extra. that outfit your daughter was wearing was adorable !! So I see Joey did fuss about some things, I was not sure since he is older then Beau and more mature, but I did realize we to had problems with dark rides to, Beau just did not want to go near them. also soaring and those rides that spun some he loved.. you handled things so well !! your trip report was so much fun, I wished it had no ending :lol: but all good novels have an ending so I am glad yours ended so well. I will be praying you go back soon!!!
            thank you !

Comment

WOW!!! I lovedddd reading your TR! You even kept me reading during my class =P !!! You are officially one of the coolest mums out there! Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post this magnificent TR! THANKS THANKS THANKS!!! Please come back to DL soon!
              "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
              -Walt Disney

I thought I was holding it correctly.

Comment

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. I am lucky living in Chicago, that I can take a direct flight to LAX. I am glad that you included your time on the different planes, in the hotels, and traveling in your report. It helped us to get to know you and your family in a special way. For Disneyland was meant for families. That's what Walt Disney said. Disneyland is a lot to take in, in such a short period of time. I believe it is meant to be revisited over, and over again. Never gobbling it all down in one bite, but just taking little samples. Thanks for letting us take a peek into your adventures. I am always planning my next trip there - in my head.
                BarbaraAnn

Comment

Add my vote to those who think your trip report is absolutely wonderful!!! Thanks for taking the time to write it all up and post your photos too. It's been one of the best trip reports I've come across on MiceChat. You and your family are welcome back any time!

:thumbup:

Comment

Just loved your report.. the best I have ever read

thanks for sharing it with everyone

Friends for life

Comment

WoW! What an amazing trip you and your family had! I am so glad that your kids and husband really enjoyed it and that your son Joey had a good time. Your pictures and they way you described your visit made it a joy to read. Reading and seeing a persons 1st trip to Disneyland is always the best.

Come back soon!
                      What better way to turn 10 years old! A birthday bash with all of his friends!

Comment

great trip report. i hope you plan on scrapbooking that great trip and framing some of those priceless pictures...

Comment

A most excellent report on your trip. Glad you guys had fun. I'm glad you gave Tower of Terror a chance. It is such an amazing ride. My wife had a similar experience as we all begged her to go on it and she finally did, discovering a new favorite. your photos and captions were so much fun to look at, it was like being along on the trip with you guys.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Lisa your Trip is the very reason myself and many other cast members are smiling in the park everyday...I couldn't be happier with the results of your trip, and hope the Magic stays with your family for years to come until you all return...
                            You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your very kind words. The trip report was my pleasure. I do plan on scrapbooking the trip- in fact, I've already started. Everything about the trip was special and I feared it wouldn't be. My last time flying (before this trip) was a nightmare I couldn't escape and after that I wasn't sure I ever wanted to fly again. I feared a bad flight like that for my kids. I also feared bad delays or other problems. Then there were the fires. My heart went out to those affected and selfishly I worried it might cancel our trip. But other than leaving behind a few essentials- thankfully nothing that couldn't be replaced (other than the motion patches which I didn't end up needing anyway) everything was smooth and wonderful from start to finish. LAX was nothing to brag about, but for $97 round trip airfare I wasn't about to complain too much over a ten to fifteen minute security hassle.

It truly was a trip of a lifetime. Disneyland absolutely had something special for each of us and each something was different. The shows, the rides, the atmosphere, the cast members, were all top notch and we found something special in each of those areas. Getting the opportunity to drive to San Diego and see the ocean and going to Sea World was icing on the cake. Being able to return to Disneyland for our last day was perfect. They say nothing is perfect- but our trip was pretty close.

Being able to share my TR is a valuable part of our Disneyland experience. I so enjoyed reading everyone elses reports as I anticipated and planned. I loved commenting, chatting with people and learning "insider" information prior. I especially enjoyed the outlet for my excitement, and I hope this will help somebody else in the same way.

So now it's back to real life once more. Life is more hectic as I continue to transition from stay at home mom to working full time mom. I won't have as much time to spend here. But trust me, I'll be here, reading all the new TR's and weighing peoples various thoughts and opinions on different Disneyland debates and discussions. Our trip might have been a once in a lifetime event, but, fates willing, circumstances will come along and create a whole new once in a lifetime Disneyland event for us. Hopefully a Disney World event as well. We so loved the weather and the people, and my husband was so entranced by the thought of working behind the scenes at Disneyland, engineering the rides, that we might consider a move one day, should the circumstances be right. Southern California seems like a lovely place to live.

Thank you all once again for sharing this with me.

Comment

• cool family trip

Great report. Very interesting perspective, as everyone mentions.
                                You seem like a very sweet person, with a really great family.
                                I'm glad you had a good time in California.
                                Sounds like a trip that everyone will remember.

Comment

"Here is where I admit that I've become a sap in my old age. I got really teary eyed during the parade. I've sang and danced and performed since childhood and now, as an adult, I direct and choreograph the plays and musicals for our local high school. I have a full appreciation for the performing arts. But my tears were really sentimental and silly. I sat there, surrounded by Disney magic and it hit me hard that my dream of taking my children to Disneyland had come true. I hoped their memories would be as special and long lasting as I knew my own would be."

I am only to the second day and you have me crying already. First off your family is wonderful! The fact they are all together with Mom and Dad and smiling and taking photos says a lot for you! Your "handful" as you say seems to be pretty good. Most people are very understanding about things. It is just so wonderful to see you and your family living your dream! Thanks for a wonderful trip report!!!!
                                  "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                                  --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                                  Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

I just found this trip report today and I have sat and read every word. What a wonderful report! The caring and love your family has for each other shows in every picture! Thanks for giving a wonderful photo trip report!
                                    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
                                    --- Walt Disney

:yea: Member of MiceChat Gold!

:thumbup: Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
                                    Nightmare Before Christmas

:captain: Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

sigpic

Comment

Not sure how I missed this TR but I'm glad it will now go to the front page again because everyone should get another chance to share your happiness on this fabulous trip. I have worked with kids with special needs for over 26 years and I know how anything new can sometimes end up being overwhelming. You and your sweet family should get numerous awards for the way you all support each other. I have a very strong feeling that this will not be your last Disney trip. Thank you ever so much for including us in your family for just a little while. I vote for you to receive the Top Trip Report Award if there was one!!! Take special care and much happiness to all of you!!!!:yea:
                                      sigpicDisneyBroad54

Comment

Awwww shucks- thanks everybody! And WhiteMagick, I really hope you're right. I'd love to have another Disneyland and/or Disney World adventure to write about down the line. For now, I'm just having a blast scrapb0oking my pictures for all of us to relive over and over again. And of course, we'll have a Disneyland family photo Christmas card this year!

Comment

I've just spent an entire Sunday evening (between baking cookies and giving the dog some lap time) reading your wonderful trip report. I have to agree with everyone else . . . I love your family, and for sure, it has been the best trip report ever. Thank you for allowing all of us to share your adventures with you.

Lu
                                          "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                                          raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X