Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

California Screamin is done for

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] California Screamin is done for

http://micechat.com/168562-disney-pixar-pier/

What is going on with DCA? My three favorites are gone or soon to be gone to re-skins. ToT, Soarin, now Screamin'. Oh, and no more Muppet Vision 3D.

So when is California Adventure going through with a name change? I have a new name right here.

The Great, All Knowing Bob Chapek presents Marv-ixar Land

EDIT: 8/17/17

This thread started out mainly in regards to California Screamin, and the plead to change the parks name already. But please feel free to discuss the direction of DCA, the changes taking place, and how you ultimately feel about them. If I could change the title name, I would. Please remember to be respectful of one another, but with that being said, I do welcome opposing viewpoint.
    Last edited by 1LE McQueen; 08-17-2017, 07:52 PM.
    KA CHOW

The ride and all of the enjoyment are still there. The music, which you can barely hear, will change, and the name will change. But you don't go for the name, you go for the ride.

Comment

Actually makes sense to me; screaming is a great coaster, but the theme has always been lacking. That said, a cheap re-skin won't help, but nice to see the Incredibles in the park.
      I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I've never felt that there is anything special about California Screamin'.

Adios!

Comment

This doesn't really bother me at all. I never saw California Screamin' as a coaster with a solid theme. Among the changes coming to DCA and Pixar Pier, this is probably one of my lesser concerns.

Then again...I don't think a giant Dash head would be a nice replacement for the classy sun and Paradise Pier sign.

Comment

Well, I liked the soundtrack.. idk it's just something I grew up on. The culture changes Everytime something changes at that place. To me, these ideas are very uninteresting and underwhelming.
            KA CHOW

Comment

I'm sort of okay with most of it, but why so much Incredibles? I love The Incredibles like and good Pixar fan, but did I read correctly that there are going to be 2 Incredibles-themed attractions? Seems lame.

Comment

Originally posted by amyuilani View Post
                But you don't go for the name, you go for the ride.
                This is the sad truth of a lot of attractions today. I'm sure if the TOT was stripped down to its metal skeleton, it would continue to be just as popular as ever.
                "If a 6 or 7 year old thinks you're cool, then you're doing something right." -Justin Scarred

Comment

Originally posted by The Maddest Hatter View Post
                  This doesn't really bother me at all. I never saw California Screamin' as a coaster with a solid theme. Among the changes coming to DCA and Pixar Pier, this is probably one of my lesser concerns.

Then again...I don't think a giant Dash head would be a nice replacement for the classy sun and Paradise Pier sign.
                  I could imagine a giant verion of the "Incredibles" i logo, and I don't like it one bit. I'll miss old Screamin', but I'll miss it more if the Dash Coaster is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by baroquehoedown View Post
                    I'm sort of okay with most of it, but why so much Incredibles? I love The Incredibles like and good Pixar fan, but did I read correctly that there are going to be 2 Incredibles-themed attractions? Seems lame.
                    I liked the Incredibles but I wasn't really clamoring for an Incredibles-themed ride. I get why they're doing it because it's an action film.

I just hope they turn Ariel's Grotto into a Ratatouille-themed premium dining experience, maybe similar to what they did in FL with Beauty and the Beast.

Comment

I'm okay with this. California Screamin doesn't really have much of a theme at the moment, so I'm intrigued how they can make a story out of this for Dash. I'm wondering what may be added to the experience and what color they will paint the coaster. It would be interesting to see more than just white.

I'm happy to read in the article that something could be going in the eastern helix. They called it a C-ticket spinner, but I'm curious what out-of-the-box attraction this may be based off.

Comment

Originally posted by Samareck View Post

This is the sad truth of a lot of attractions today. I'm sure if the TOT was stripped down to its metal skeleton, it would continue to be just as popular as ever.
                        Not really because TOT/GOTG are not about the skyshot ride as much as they are about the story you are in. (I have not been on GOTG yet, so I will not debate whether it's accomplished there or not.) Even Space Mountain is about the theme of being in outer space - otherwise they wouldn't have the ride in the dark. But Screamin' is just a large roller coaster that got a name to match the land. There's nothing about it that makes it quintessentially beach. You could probably kill off those crosshatch beams because they were decorative elements meant to make the coaster look like one of the old wood coasters, and the ride would still be the same.

Comment

It's one of my favorite coasters. I first rode it when I was 8, and it was the first one that brought me upside down. I've never gotten bored of it. But it's not in a park about California anymore. I'm surprised they didn't change it in 2012 with the rest of PP. It only make sense to stick a Disney character on it somehow.

I just don't know why they don't just change the name of the entire park already....
                          "If a 6 or 7 year old thinks you're cool, then you're doing something right." -Justin Scarred

Comment

The coaster with the 100-Mile-Dash part of the score from Incredibles would be a great fit, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHgaz3kZZi4

Also, six month refurb = opening right when Incredibles 2 hits theaters in June 2018. That's the Disney synergy we all know and love.
                            Last edited by captveg; 08-08-2017, 04:40 PM.
                            My Blu-rays/DVDs
                            "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
                            You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

Comment

I always liked the music on Screamin but I won't be horribly upset if it changes. At least some earphones and my iPhone will re-create the original version if I ever feel nostalgic. It's not exactly a complex ride with animatronics or even screens that are being changed out. It's just music.
                              My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X