Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Portable Half-Day Theme Parks

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Half-Day Theme Parks

I am interested in putting half-day theme parks on oil-tanker-sized ships and moving them from port to port where guests would be allowed to visit the floating venues.

Even though these experiences would be helpful for reaching audiences who might never have a chance to visit a Disney travel destination, I think such a project would work best with completely-original attractions. So, what are some ideas?

Because multiple parks, conceivably, would float from port to port, a virtually-unlimited number of experiences could be created.

An entire park devoted to various original attractions and places related to "Pirates of the Caribbean" seems like a natural. I can envision, for instance, something that looks like an island with elaborate rocks, trees, and waterfalls.

Comment

Each oil tanker has the capacity to accommodate about a half-day's worth of attractions, so a flotilla of multiple such ships that expands the offering and makes it a multi-day experience could allow for a floating hotel to be included in the mix in order to provide overnight Disney accommodations to guests.

Comment

An interesting precedent of this idea is Disneylandia, which Mr. Disney conceived a few years before Disneyland was built.

Disneylandia would have been a traveling exhibition of his collection of miniatures, housed on board a train.

Comment

Wow....vaudeville for a new age -- with a twist. I hope it comes to my coastal town!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	8529614Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	8529615Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	8529616

Comment

^ That is absolutely brilliant!
              "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
              until Thor told it to me."
              -
              Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Name:	
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	8529619Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	8529620Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	8529621

Comment

Name:	
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	8529623Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	8529624

The ships could dock at regular ports or even anchor offshore to further enhance the show and/or to reach more inaccessible places.

In the case of "Pirates of the Caribbean," for example, the illusion of an island with its own harbor could be created, and guests might reach said island aboard a special launch.

Comment

Name:	
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	8529627

Or, "Peter Pan" could serve as inspiration.

Comment

Fantastic idea! I'm surprised that Disney doesn't already have a fully-Star-Wars-themed cruise ship. But that would be nothing compared to your ships!

Comment

Disney did study the feasibility of these things back in the early '90's, and the concept was, and, perhaps, still is, viable. But, the troubles EuroDisney experienced and the loss of Frank Wells led Strategic Planning to persuade Eisner to abandon the idea in favor of the less ambitious cruise line.

Disney's years of experience operating ocean liners, however, now makes pursuing this concept less of a risk in some ways.

Comment

The proof of concept that Imagineering developed crammed dozens of well-known Disneyland attractions onto a single ship.

Among them were: "it's a small world"; Star Tours; the Casey Jr. Circus Train; the Mad Tea Party; The Little Mermaid; The Magic Carpets of Aladdin; Space Mountain (or an Indiana Jones roller coaster); the Orbitron; 20,000 Leagues under the Sea; a 3-D theatre for Muppet*Vision or something similar; Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin; Mickey's House; a Fantasyland carrousel under a glass dome; a Ferris wheel; several shops; and, six restaurants.

Comment

that is beautiful.....I can definitely see a sequel to waterworld now !!!!

Comment

Another option is to tow floating artificial islands to various sites.
                              Rising sea levels and increased scarcity of land are forcing tech companies to develop innovative real estate solutions. In the Netherlands, engineers have tested a concept for a

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X