Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

A random Disneyland thought

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A random Disneyland thought

Greetings fellow Micechatters!
    I know this is gonna be kind of random but I'm curious. I don't know if I'm one of or the only one who thinks Disneyland should carry more Matterhorn/Harold merchandise? Or even if Matterhorn should have it's own merchandise Booth/cart near the ride?

Thoughts anyone?
    Des douze coups de minuit aux matines sonnantes,
    Nous valserons ensemble, macabre débutante.

I'd be totally for Matterhorn-specific merch (although not on a booth/cart -- ODV clutters the walkways too much already), especially it were part of a renaissance of Disneyland attraction merchandise. Not Disney Parks. Not Disneyland Resort. Disneyland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

I'd probably buy some.

Comment

Any specific park or attraction related merch is always welcome, IMO. They don't leverage the parks as a brand enough.

Comment

I definitely agree, we only get a spattering of attraction specific stuff once in a blue moon.
          It is true that odv does clog up things in certain areas so yeah a cart probably wouldn't be ideal.
          I just figure our big Hairy buddy up there on the mountain would like more recognition and I'm certain others such as Splodie (the nickname I gave the goat) on Thunder Mountain or even the dinosaurs in Primeval World would too. ^_^

Comment

Its a shame there isn't too much Matterhorn merch. Id love a Mountain shaped souvenir cup, Matterhorn logo beanie or keychains, or a shirt saying "I saw the abominable snowman on Matterhorn Mountian!"
            "If a 6 or 7 year old thinks you're cool, then you're doing something right." -Justin Scarred

Comment

I'd be for ALL attraction-specific merchandise ... with a special attention to original (non IP based) attractions.

But somehow they think more hats, pins, coffee cups, and t-shirts is the way to go! ICK!
              MY SIGNATURE:
              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Speak of the devil. I was just looking for some Matterhorn Merch and I couldn't find anything.

It's funny, because selling plush toys in Harold' s likeness seems like a rather obvious move yet they haven't done it as far as I know.
                Last edited by The Haunted Pirate; 08-19-2017, 07:21 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

My favorite piece of Matterhorn merch is an attraction poster that I'm still working on getting framed. They just don't seem to offer many (good) options when it comes to specific rides.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                    I'd be for ALL attraction-specific merchandise ... with a special attention to original (non IP based) attractions.

But somehow they think more hats, pins, coffee cups, and t-shirts is the way to go! ICK!
                    Seriously.

How about realistic models of the Main Street buildings in HO or O scale? I'd love an O scale Main Street Station. How abut a model of the Wicked Wench? A die-cast Indy ride vehicle? Plastic models of the Columbia or Mark Twain? I mean, really the list is endless.

They made some neat ride vehicles a number of years ago--I have a beautiful O scale model of the Main Street fire engine.But they never did the omnibus or the horse drawn street cars--too bad.

Comment

IMO they do not have a lot of great park brand merchandise !

I have very nice Disneyland Railroad poster.....that I have gotten ,many years ago.
                      Now ,they are hard to find
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I've never really thought about Matterhorn merchandise, specifically, but I think it would be great if they had a lot more merchandise dealing with Disneyland attractions and characters specifically from the theme park, like the Country Bears, for example.
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

It is fairly obvious to many of us that Disney would stand to profit greatly from selling attraction specific merchandise but it is indeed sad to see they've turned a blind eye to something that would have been awesome for us and benefiting for them.
                          In regards to a reply one of us put here there was a Harold and Betty plush released respectively for their mountains. I'd post a picture but the two of them are keeping each other company currently in my storage unit. ^_^

Love the input everyone! <3

Comment

They could easily create attraction branded merchandise. Suppose they made 100,000 plush Harolds and spread them throughout the gift shops. Next make 100,000 Jungle Cruse items and put them out when Herold is 75% sold. Cycle different items throughout the year. It wouldn't be anything for Disney to put a creative guy in charge and make it happen. The only thing stopping this is that there is so much money to be made with t shirts and Mouse Ears why bother with anything else.

Comment

I'd love a detailed ceramic Matterhorn figurine. Like 14-18 inches tall.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X