Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Joy of FASTPASS (and MaxPass) 3.0

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question that I am sure has been answered, but I can't find it. With the new system are DCA and Disneyland linked? For instance, I cannot get a FP for RSR the same time I get a FP for Space? Any help would be appreciated. Edit: I found the answer.
    Last edited by Kahuna; 10-07-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahuna View Post
      A question that I am sure has been answered, but I can't find it. With the new system are DCA and Disneyland linked? For instance, I cannot get a FP for RSR the same time I get a FP for Space? Any help would be appreciated. Edit: I found the answer.
      Hi! Just to clarify for anyone reading your question who don't know, yes, they are linked and all rules about when you can get your next FastPass apply across both parks.

Have a great day!

Comment

Just to make sure I keep this info as up to date as possible, if anyone has noticed any changes to MaxPass/FastPass in the past month or so - anything that might be worth mentioning here or would warrant a change to the main info post, please let me know by replying here? I would really appreciate it. I'll be back in Parks next weekend and will update anything I discover then as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi all. Quick update from our visit on 10/28: no essential changes to how MaxPass works. Entertainment (like Fantasmic and WoC) still aren't available for reservation in MaxPass yet.

One thing we found out the hard way, and I'll just put this out there as a cautionary tale, is don't miss a payment on your AP. My son, who was the first of us to get an AP this year and who pays for his all on his own, had a "timing" issue with his AP payment. His payment comes from his debit card - ie checking account - and DIsney grabbed his payment the same day as his direct deposit hit. Payment tried to process first and was declined. Disney did not try again, simply made his AP inactive. This all happened Friday morning.

Fast forward to late Friday night. We arrive from our long drive down to DLR with about an hour left before DCA closes. We head in and the Disney system lets him enter without issue. We stop by headless horseman statue for pics, Photog scans both my pass and his. I look at mine: there they are on the app. He looks at his app - tells him he can buy them. Huh? We don't think anything of it.

Now it's Saturday morning and we're getting ready to head over to the park for opening. I look at my app. His pass isn't linked. I tell him to check his app. His own pass isn't there. We both try to readd it. Says it's already there. Wha?

Head to ticket booth right at 7am. CM looks and says his AP has been made inactive and tells us why. Runs the same card again, $ is there of course, payment goes through and she reactivates AP.

Here's the cautionary part - it took 40 minutes for his AP to show back up (on it's own; you don't have to readd; it won't let you anyway) on the Apps and MaxPass. So if this does happen to you, be sure to get it resolved as early as possible so that when you get into the parks, you can start reserving on MaxPass ASAP, maximizing your day.

One final tip: if for some reason after your AP is reactivated it still doesn't come up on the app, head to City Hall with all of your info (including the receipt from the ticket booth, which by the way will get you through the turn stiles when the AP buzzes inactive), and they will issue you a one day park hopper, You can link that separate ticket ID into the app and use it for the day to make MaxPass and FP reservations. The lines at City Hall can be long, even in the AM, so go there as soon as possible (though give your app time to update; again for us it was about 40 minutes.)

Hope that helps.

Comment

Great info, thanks! A question I haven't been able to find the answer to... for a multi-day pass (5 in my case), can I purchase MaxPass for all 5 days in one transaction, or do I have to purchase it each day at the park? I'm going to DL in 1 week; could I go into the app now, link the tickets (already have in-hand) and buy MaxPass and be done? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by JLindley2003 View Post
              Great info, thanks! A question I haven't been able to find the answer to... for a multi-day pass (5 in my case), can I purchase MaxPass for all 5 days in one transaction, or do I have to purchase it each day at the park? I'm going to DL in 1 week; could I go into the app now, link the tickets (already have in-hand) and buy MaxPass and be done? Thank you!
              Hi. Good question - my understanding is that you can only purchase MaxPass for existing tickets via the app one day at a time. However, if you haven't purchased your tickets yet, you can add MaxPass for all 5 days during the ticket purchasing process (just verified this at Disneyland.com). With that said, the key is "my understanding" - we have APs with MaxPass on them, and therefore have not personally added a daily MaxPass addon.

My recommendation - if you haven't purchased your tickets yet, when you do through the App or Website, just be sure to purchase the add on at the same time. Problem solved. If you already have your tickets, link them in your App and then as soon as you go through the turnstiles on the first day, try to add MaxPass and see what your options on. Do they only allow the one day entitlement (if so, then this will be your first step each day), or can you get it all at once? Remember though that you won't be able to add MaxPass via the app until your ticket is activated by going through the turnstiles. That's why buying them with the option already added will save you time in the long run and you can simply start using MaxPass as soon as you're in the park.

Can you please post back here with what you experience and I will update the main post with clarification for others? Thanks!

Have a great time!

Comment

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I do already have the tickets, so I guess I'll test this out! I'll report back after the trip with how the attempt to purchase it for a multi-day pass all at once worked.

Comment

Info post updated with addition of FPs to It's A Small World.

If anyone could please confirm if that line has just 1 "touch point" at entry, or if there is another one further down the line (like at Haunted Mansion), I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by marklodi View Post
                    Info post updated with addition of FPs to It's A Small World.

If anyone could please confirm if that line has just 1 "touch point" at entry, or if there is another one further down the line (like at Haunted Mansion), I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
                    2 touch points. One at the entry and one at the merge point.

Comment

Originally posted by DanaJ View Post

2 touch points. One at the entry and one at the merge point.
                      Thank you!

Comment

This year - for the first time ever - we'll be in Disneyland for both the Thanksgiving weekend and the week of Christmas (though leaving before New Year's). How much of a difference will MaxPass make? We'll see - I'll report back upon return, along with any changes they might make for any reason.

If anyone has any questions they'd like us to research regarding MaxPass/FastPass during the holidays, please let me know and we'll do our best.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X