• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marklodi
    Walt sent me...
    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Cartes89 View Post
    Pretty excited to purchase MaxPass for my Disneyland trip. Is the pricing variable (like Universal's express pass) or is it a fixed price no matter when I take my trip?
    Hi. It's a fixed price at this time. Disney could of course change pricing at any time without notice. But right now, still the prices listed on the top post of this topic. Have a great time!

Comment

• bingocimo
      MiceChatter
      • Feb 2014

So I am still not clear after reading this thread if I can get FPs for DCA rides while I am in DL, assuming I haven't gone into DCA at that point.

Comment

• DanaJ
        New MiceChatter
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by bingocimo View Post
        So I am still not clear after reading this thread if I can get FPs for DCA rides while I am in DL, assuming I haven't gone into DCA at that point.
        Yes, you can.

Comment

• marklodi
          Walt sent me...
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by DanaJ View Post

Yes, you can.
          Yep - Dana's absolutely correct. Once you go through the turnstiles at either park and your admission media is scanned - AND you have Park Hopper priviledges! (and MaxPass of course) - then you can make FP reservations at any FastPass attraction at either park.

Have a great time!

Mark

Comment

• bingocimo
            MiceChatter
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by marklodi View Post

...AND you have Park Hopper priviledges! (and MaxPass of course) - then you can make FP reservations at any FastPass attraction at either park.

Have a great time!

Mark
            This applies to APs as well I assume?

Comment

• marklodi
              Walt sent me...
              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by bingocimo View Post

This applies to APs as well I assume?
              Absolutely, provided you have MaxPass on your AP.

Comment

• bingocimo
                MiceChatter
                • Feb 2014

YAY!

Thanks for the answers. Now I can get that FP for RSR without having to rush over to DCA and back, especially since I don't find there to be more than 3-4 attractions worth visiting there.

Comment

• Chazbo6
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Aug 2012

First trip ever to DLR and had a great experience with MaxPass! It feels more like an improved Fastpass rather than WDWs FP+ since its in-park real time.
                  Loved that I could book things at both parks and during EMH I could book things before most people were in the park!
                  The other invaluable piece for me was the free PhotoPass option. Took a bunch of professional pics that I would normally never take and have ton of great memories to share.

Comment

• marklodi
                    Walt sent me...
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Chazbo6 View Post
                    First trip ever to DLR and had a great experience with MaxPass! It feels more like an improved Fastpass rather than WDWs FP+ since its in-park real time.
                    Loved that I could book things at both parks and during EMH I could book things before most people were in the park!
                    The other invaluable piece for me was the free PhotoPass option. Took a bunch of professional pics that I would normally never take and have ton of great memories to share.
                    Glad you had a great time, and happy that MaxPass worked so well for you!

Comment

• biggsworth
                      MiceChatter
                      • Apr 2009

How does Max pass work if you are going with 3 members of the family who don't have Disney accounts? I want to load my nieces and nephews up to my brothers account and also to mine so we can create one FP party for all of us. The kids are 5,7, and 9 so we don't really want them to have a email address and Disney account. TIA
                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      My company had a special night at the park
                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

• stonehenge
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Apr 2018

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
                        How does Max pass work if you are going with 3 members of the family who don't have Disney accounts? I want to load my nieces and nephews up to my brothers account and also to mine so we can create one FP party for all of us. The kids are 5,7, and 9 so we don't really want them to have a email address and Disney account. TIA
                        Of course! You can just scan the tickets in the app. Once you create a MaxPass group you add the people you want to add to the group by scanning their ticket. Also, when you get a fastpass you don't have to get them for everyone in the group. It's quite flexible. Only the person who is creating the group needs a Disney account. Have fun!
                        The purpose of Disneyland is to make people smile.

Kevin Plank

Comment

• marklodi
                          Walt sent me...
                          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post

Of course! You can just scan the tickets in the app. Once you create a MaxPass group you add the people you want to add to the group by scanning their ticket. Also, when you get a fastpass you don't have to get them for everyone in the group. It's quite flexible. Only the person who is creating the group needs a Disney account. Have fun!
                          Yep! Spot on answer. Here's a bit more from my post on the first page that might help:

Q: So if I understand correctly, I can have more than one person linked on my App?

A: Yes, you can have more than one ticket linked in the App. Doing so allows you to create "FastPass Parties". This is a great quick and easy way to make a FastPass reservation for everyone in your "Party" for the same return time in one shot.

Good time to reiterate here a very important concept regarding MaxPass and FastPasses in general: They are now attached to your Admission Media/Annual Pass. What this means is that whether you use MaxPass on your App, or a FP kiosk, it all requires your admission media. The FastPass return time is tied to your admission media/AP back in Disney's databases. This is why it IS possible to have your admission media/AP linked in multiple Apps. And it's why you can use MaxPass one time, then later that same day go to a physical kiosk and get a FP that way and it will still show up in your App. Everything ties back to your ticket.
                          So really only one person needs to have a Disney Account and logged in app. Then just link everyone else's tickets or APs, make sure they have MaxPass, and you are good to go. Have a great time!

Comment

• Ika Musume
                            New MiceChatter
                            • May 2018

For the rides with 2 TP, can I try to reserve the next ride on Maxpass before the 2nd TP, or would that wipe out my reservation at the current ride?

Comment

• marklodi
                              Walt sent me...
                              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Ika Musume View Post
                              For the rides with 2 TP, can I try to reserve the next ride on Maxpass before the 2nd TP, or would that wipe out my reservation at the current ride?
                              Hi. If the system will let you, you should be fine. But I don't think the FP is "redeemed" until the second scan point, meaning - unless you're already eligible for another - you won't be eligible until after that 2nd point.

With that said, rarely have I had that much time between the first and second point to make another FP. The exceptions might be Radiator Springs Racers (though the cell and wi-fi coverage there is really bad, so it may not matter) and possible Haunted Mansion on a really busy day. But whatever you'd like to try! Be sure to report back here with your experience. Have a great time!

Comment

• Ryan120420
                                MiceChatter
                                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Ika Musume View Post
                                You can book your next fast pass the moment you scan into the first touch point. Booking another fast pass will not affect the fast pass you just scanned. Your fast pass will disappear from the app once you scan into the 2nd touch point.
                                For Disney Theme Park Video Click Here!

Comment

• marklodi
                                  Walt sent me...
                                  • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Ryan120420 View Post

You can book your next fast pass the moment you scan into the first touch point. Booking another fast pass will not affect the fast pass you just scanned. Your fast pass will disappear from the app once you scan into the 2nd touch point.
                                  Thanks for the clarification Ryan!

Comment

• DrAlice
                                    Clean Cup! Move Down!
                                    • Aug 2009

Ok, just a clarification question....

We have purchased the SoCal City Pass as our admission tickets for our next vacation. There was not an option to add MaxPass to the Disneyland portion of CityPass when I purchased them (not that I saw anyway). My understanding is that I cannot add MaxPass to our tickets until I'm at the resort, have checked in at the gate, and scanned my tickets into the app. THEN I can add MaxPass to the tickets via the app. (And yes, I read above that I best not scan my tickets in now or I'll start my 14 day clock! Thank you for that nugget!!!) Is this correct?

Thanks!
                                    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
                                    DW Trips: '08
                                    International parks: Some day...

Comment

• marklodi
                                      Walt sent me...
                                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by DrAlice View Post
                                      Ok, just a clarification question....

We have purchased the SoCal City Pass as our admission tickets for our next vacation. There was not an option to add MaxPass to the Disneyland portion of CityPass when I purchased them (not that I saw anyway). My understanding is that I cannot add MaxPass to our tickets until I'm at the resort, have checked in at the gate, and scanned my tickets into the app. THEN I can add MaxPass to the tickets via the app. (And yes, I read above that I best not scan my tickets in now or I'll start my 14 day clock! Thank you for that nugget!!!) Is this correct?

Thanks!
                                      Hello. As far as I am aware, once your ticket is scanned, it is then a valid "ticket" and you can add to your app, and then purchase the MaxPass add on. You can do this in one app (one device) for all tickets (make a FastPass Party, proceed from there with adding MaxPass).

Now I personally haven't used the SoCal City Pass with Disneyland (have used it for Universal, the WB and Sony Studio Tours, etc, but not Disneyland), so if you could please report back here with your experience when you get back, that would be great! Have a wonderful time!

Comment

• DrAlice
                                        Clean Cup! Move Down!
                                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by marklodi View Post
                                        Now I personally haven't used the SoCal City Pass with Disneyland (have used it for Universal, the WB and Sony Studio Tours, etc, but not Disneyland), so if you could please report back here with your experience when you get back, that would be great! Have a wonderful time!
                                        We aren't going until mid-summer, but I will report back! We used City Pass last summer and it was no problem. Just present your pass at the front gate and they will scan it and then exchange it for a regular DL ticket (3-day parkhopper). We are likely going to try to add a day to it this time, so I'll report back on how that goes as well.

I was hoping that there was a way to add MaxPass now before a potential price increase, but I don't think there is. Cross your fingers that Disney doesn't raise the price before my trip.
                                        DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18
                                        DW Trips: '08
                                        International parks: Some day...

Comment

• marklodi
                                          Walt sent me...
                                          • Jun 2017

Hi all. New information from Disney today - you can now add MaxPass when booking a resort package:

[QUOTE}Book a Disneyland Resort Vacation Package at either one of the three Hotels of the Disneyland Resort or one of the many Good Neighbor Hotels and add Disney MaxPass to your reservation, still for the introductory price of $10 per person per day.

Guests may choose a 2, 3, 4 or 5-day Disneyland Resort Hopper or 1-Park per Day Ticket to add to their vacation package, however all guests on the reservation must choose the same Disneyland Resort ticket type and all guests must choose whether or not to add Disney MaxPass.[/QUOTE]

So the important takeaways here:

- Price of $10 is still is place and probably will be for a while longer
                                          - Disney still stress "introductory price", so yes, it will be going up, most likely sooner than later - in advance of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, and possibly prior to the holiday season coming up.
                                          - ALL guests on the vacation package must book MaxPass, or none at all. However, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to individually add MaxPass through the app on a daily basis if, say, Grandma and Grandpa don't need it, but the rest of the group does.

Anyone who goes this route and finds out anything contrary to what is posted here, please reply back so I can clean up the info. Thanks!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X