Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Guardians of the Galaxy to receive Halloween Overlay - Monsters After Dark

Once the sun sets each evening during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will transform into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark. Music continues to be at the heart of the experience, and an all-new song, “Monsters After Dark,” was created especially for this attraction by Tyler Bates, composer of the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films.
    Can probably predict the reception to this new overlay on the forums, but I'm still intrigued and excited.
    Rocket needs your help to #SaveGroot at Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark -- part of the expansion of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort to Disney California Adventure park!

The big question I have to ask is why did they not announce this at D23?
    Originally posted by micromind
    Grizzlyhead has never been to DL. In fact, he has never even left the house he was born in. He believes the outside world is nothing more than a grand fairy tale.

Comment

They're probably just cashing in on Late Check-Out's popularity, thinking this will bring in the same crowds. LOL
      KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post
        They're probably just cashing in on Late Check-Out's popularity, thinking this will bring in the same crowds. LOL
        It probably has more to do with the fact that the Halloween parties will be moving over to DCA next year, so that people will get to see it for one year before it becomes exclusive to the parties.

Comment

I'm glad this was finally announced. I heard about this (including its storyline) as far back as two months ago. I wonder how much the cast will be in it. They may have already filmed their scenes for the ride at the same time as the original scenes since this was being planned a long ways back, or if it'll just Rocket involved.

DCA needs some Halloween attraction overlays for when the Halloween Parties come over next year. I know Racers was rumored to get an overlay. Now if they'd finally start doing the Halloween overlays for Toy Story...

Comment

Originally posted by PoopleMover View Post

It probably has more to do with the fact that the Halloween parties will be moving over to DCA next year, so that people will get to see it for one year before it becomes exclusive to the parties.
            Mickey's Halloween party thing? I didn't know that. It would make sense that they'd have all the special events in DCA for the purpose of having more space at DL. Or maybe to boost attendance at DCA until they get Marvel Land and Pixar fully up?

Or maybe so they can serve alcohol for these parties XD
            KA CHOW

Comment

It fantastic finally for DCA to recieve some
              halloween overlay for some of it Attractions. Perhaps adding a Halloween overlay to Toy Story Mania would also be fantastic. A haunted Maze would be better with Paradise Pier.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

Mickey's Halloween party thing? I didn't know that. It would make sense that they'd have all the special events in DCA for the purpose of having more space at DL. Or maybe to boost attendance at DCA until they get Marvel Land and Pixar fully up?

Or maybe so they can serve alcohol for these parties XD
                Yeah, that's why DCA is finally getting actual Halloween decorations this year, to get people used to having Halloween in DCA for when they move the parties back over to the park for next year. Supposedly this is being done so DCA can take on a lot of the special events and help keep as many people out of Disneyland when Galaxy's Edge opens.

Comment

Originally posted by DLR92 View Post
                  It fantastic finally for DCA to recieve some
                  halloween overlay for some of it Attractions. Perhaps adding a Halloween overlay to Toy Story Mania would also be fantastic. A haunted Maze would be better with Paradise Pier.
                  This conversation happened years ago, so sorry for the fuzzy details, but I had a friend who also worked at Knott's Scary Farm who got to talk to the person that was high up on the seasonal team at DL that had to do with Halloween and he asked him why Disney didn't jump into the Haunt game (similar to what HKDL does). He said his response was that Disney knows they would dominate Universal and Knott's if they did, but considering that they're pretty much the biggest (and one of the only) family-friendly Halloween theme park events in SoCal, they had no reason to, especially with how much money the party already brings in.

Comment

Really looking forward to this. I love MB, and think the projections/atmosphere to a Halloween overlay would look/feel really cool. Not to mention more Groot.

Comment

An overlay on top of an overlay.
                      This Space For Rent

Comment

Originally posted by Kram Sacul View Post
                        We're two overlays deep! They may be trying to still incept the idea that GotG MB is a new ride, and not in fact an overlay.

Comment

Originally posted by PoopleMover View Post
                          DCA needs some Halloween attraction overlays for when the Halloween Parties come over next year. I know Racers was rumored to get an overlay. Now if they'd finally start doing the Halloween overlays for Toy Story...
                          I hope they don't just pull the old Halloween overlays out of mothballs. They need a fresh Halloween look for DCA. Not like these...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kram Sacul View Post
                            How will you deal?

- Robert

Comment

Originally posted by d1mex View Post
                              Really looking forward to this. I love MB, and think the projections/atmosphere to a Halloween overlay would look/feel really cool. Not to mention more Groot.
                              Yep! My granddaughter actually called me on the phone! A first! Not a text! We are going tomorrow but I haven't told her it doesn't start yet!

- Robert

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X