X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disneyreporter
    replied
    Re: New Matterhorn Cars

Screamscape is now backing up the news I posted at the beginning of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• penguinsoda
    replied

Moderator Warning:

You have been asked once already by another moderator to keep the topic on track in reference to the subject of the thread, which is the Matterhorn cars.

Any continued discussion of copyright issues or use of logos may result in those posts being removed from the thread.

Leave a comment:

• 1FoolishMortal
    replied

Originally posted by chrisaustx View Post
    The matterhorn car with the packing slip and green sheet is from the 1977 fleet, the cars are being taken off site, refurbished and then being placed back in the park, they are not new.
    Where are they taking it, though?? Or is this not true at all and is why this question hasn't been answered so far.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_Lee
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    As I've stated before, I don't think less seats necessarily means less capacity, especially in this case.

More often than not, you are seeing trains go out with 4 people or maybe 5. This pretty much guarantees in most cases (when the trains are loaded correctly) that cars will be going out with 6 riders each and every time. VERY rarely do cars go out with more than 6 now.

So the capacity may actually go up or my guess is, stay about the same.
    Could this mean a single rider line would be possible?

Leave a comment:

• SnowflakeSparks
    replied

lol

I was making a joke. :P I was thinking they'd be refurbished vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• chrisaustx
    replied

The matterhorn car with the packing slip and green sheet is from the 1977 fleet, the cars are being taken off site, refurbished and then being placed back in the park, they are not new. Why would Disney spend thousands of dollars per unit to do this if they are building new cars, this is why I question the validity of this "news." I was being kind in reminding the original poster that Disney has sued and won court case law stating that the word "Disney," the "Disney" logo and Mickey Mouse are all properties of Disney Enterprises and they have sued people that have ranged the gamet from: www.disneyvacations.com (this florida company used the Disney logo and name to sell vacations to WDW, Disney sued them, shut down their website and forced them to pay legal fees and won a money judgement for lost revenue) to a little old lady on E-Bay who would buy cute Winne the Pooh fabric at Wal-Mart, then make cute stuffed animals and sell them on E-Bay. Disney sued the little old woman stating that she did not buy a license form them to make the stuffed animals, therefore it violated their intellectual property rights, the little old lady had to pay Disney's legal fees. So again, that white glvoe has an iron fist inside of it.
    Last edited by chrisaustx; 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SnowflakeSparks
    replied

Can I have one of the old Matterhorn vehicles? C:

*bricked*

Leave a comment:

• 1FoolishMortal
    replied

I know hosting a page at godaddy.com is cheap, but come on, as I said, that mouse has an iron fist under his glove, a smuggled backstage photo of a prototype model and the unlicensed used of company intellectual property, I am sure Mickey won't like that one bit.
    So he's not allowed to take photos backstage but you are?? Makes a lot of sense.

EDIT: Just realized that picture may not have been taken backstage. The ultra zoom got the best of me. :blush:

Leave a comment:

• NeverNeverland
    replied

Guys.... PLEASE keep this post on the topic of the Matterhorn cars NOT on whether he should be using the Disney logo or not.

And for reference, here's a lengthy post about the cars:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ght=matterhorn

Leave a comment:

• disneyreporter
    replied

But my logo was purely created out of photoshop. No existing logo was used in or for it.

Leave a comment:

• AmandasDad
    replied

Look at that photo again. These may not be new cars. Look at the green sheet. It clearly says "Overhaul Progr..." Is that "Program" or "Progress"?

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

As I've stated before, I don't think less seats necessarily means less capacity, especially in this case.

More often than not, you are seeing trains go out with 4 people or maybe 5. This pretty much guarantees in most cases (when the trains are loaded correctly) that cars will be going out with 6 riders each and every time. VERY rarely do cars go out with more than 6 now.

So the capacity may actually go up or my guess is, stay about the same.

Leave a comment:

• chrisaustx
    replied

I shot a photo of the packing slip, but its hard to read where the car came from. I am an investor of Disney, I care because that logo should be earning revenue, it is not in the public domain and Disney should be paid everytime this guy uses it, he is not a non profit or educational organization, he should be paying for its use.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

Originally posted by disneyreporter View Post
    What logo are you refering too?
    The word Disney in your banner is probably the one in question. Using the name and script can probably lead you into a lot of trouble if they found out about your site.

Even by having the name Disney in your webaddress is risky if it's not an offiical Disney site. This is why there are other sites called miceage, mouseplanet, laughing place, etc etc. They use words that aren't owned by any one global company.

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

a smuggled backstage photo of a prototype model and the unlicensed used of company intellectual property, I am sure Mickey won't like that one bit.
    Why do you care so much? Let Mickey fight his own battles.

Leave a comment:

• 1FoolishMortal
    replied

I'll ask again....what vendor are they sending the current ones to to be rebuilt? This is not normal practice, and I'm curious why the Matterhorn is an exception here.

Rebuilding of the trains is normal maintenance. They're always going to continue with the current maintenance schedule unless they know for sure that they're purchasing new bobsleds. For all we know is that it could be currently in the works, or not in the works at all, but they're just not going to stop maintenance on the current fleet. They won't do that until they know for sure the next fleet is on its way.

Leave a comment:

• chrisaustx
    replied

Originally posted by disneyreporter View Post
    Well, Disney isn't just rebuilding these old cars. They're redesigning them (1 column with three rows rather than 2 columns with two rows), so I'm not sure how it will affect how the cars sit on the track.
    What is your primary source evidence from WDI that new cars will be constructed? Why Mr. Davidson is WDI spending money on sending the old cars to a vendor for them to be rebuilt? Why would WDI spend thousands of dollars per car in this project, when they will just be junked whne the new cars come, this does not make sense. The Disney logo is used many times on your web page and you are using it as well on your posts, look under the pirate. Not even the Disney Character Warehouse is allowed to use this logo in their advertisements, since they don't want to pay the outrageous fee Disney charges for the use of this logo. I know hosting a page at godaddy.com is cheap, but come on, as I said, that mouse has an iron fist under his glove, a smuggled backstage photo of a prototype model and the unlicensed used of company intellectual property, I am sure Mickey won't like that one bit.

Leave a comment:

• BOLTMANN
    replied

The problem logo I see and that I think others are talking about is the name and design of "Disney" it self.

Leave a comment:

• disneyreporter
    replied

Well, Disney isn't just rebuilding these old cars. They're redesigning them (1 column with three rows rather than 2 columns with two rows), so I'm not sure how it will affect how the cars sit on the track.

Leave a comment:

• disneyreporter
    replied

What is the primary source evidence for this "news." WDI has been outsourcing the rebuilding of the old cars at great expense. Also does Disney know and authorize the use of their trademark logo in your webpage? They have sued and taken down sites for the unauthroized use of their trademark before.
    What logo are you refering too?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X