Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Make "Final Arrangements" with Disney?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Make "Final Arrangements" with Disney?

The question had to be asked.

Yet another potential revenue stream has fallen into the laps of Disneyland management. So, if Disney did decide to offer burial services, would you make use of them? Why, or why not?

Re: Would You Make "Final Arrangements" with Disney?

I think I'll stick with getting married but not buried there
    But I am sure there are TONS of people that would pay for the sevices.

Comment

Sure, why not.

I'm not too picky about where I'm going to be buried anyway. Because of that, I'd much rather permanently exist in DL than be worm food in some not-so-special cemetery.

I just think it would be kinda cool being a part of a place where everyone is always happy. It sure beats being in some yard where people sob and lay flowers six feet above me that I can't even see.

However, I don't think I'd be too happy if I were one of those folks who wound up being vacuumed up just a few hours after they were shook out upon the Mansion floor, though. What a waste of my wonderful dust that would be! )

I'd only want to be officially part of DL and not one of those folks who gets sneakily sprinkled throughout an attraction.
      Last edited by KISSman; 11-15-2007, 03:34 AM.

Comment

I want to believe that Disney wouldn't offer this kind of service at Disneyland, but I wouldn't really put it past them.

Comment

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
          Sure, why not.

I'm not too picky about where I'm going to be buried anyway. Because of that, I'd much rather permanently exist in DL than be worm food in some not-so-special cemetery.

I just think it would be kinda cool being a part of a place where everyone is always happy. It sure beats being in some yard where people sob and lay flowers six feet above me that I can't even see.

However, I don't think I'd be too happy if I were one of those folks who wound up being vacuumed up just a few hours after they were shook out upon the Mansion floor, though. What a waste of my wonderful dust that would be! )

I'd only want to be officially part of DL and not one of those folks who gets sneakily sprinkled throughout an attraction.
          I'm inclined to agree, myself. I really don't see a reason for Disney to not accommodate requests of this nature. And, I believe strongly in cremation.

I also believe that cemeteries and memorial parks should be used, in a recreational way, as public gardens more than these burial places currently are, so I can visualize Disneyland being used in a somewhat similar way.

Land should be for the living. Death is just another part of nature. And, the ground at Disneyland is as much a part of nature as any other.
          Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 11-15-2007, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Since we got back to going to DL on a regular basis, I have told my family that if Disney allowed it I would LOVE to be buried at DL. Although I want to be cremated so I wouldn't necessarily be buried. But you know what I mean.

DL is what makes me happy, and I am EXTREMELY happy when I am at DL. I want to be where I am the happiest....and DL is that place. And if that could be for all eternity, well, I think that would be awesome.
            "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

While I love DL, I do not live even remotely close. Therefore, I'd rather be buried closer to loved ones here.
              HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
              "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

Over the weekend, I spent some time at the Robert V. Fullerton Art Museum, which has the largest collection of Egyptian antiquities West of the Mississippi River.

Most of the objects in the permanent collection are funerary art, and they reminded me of just how beautiful the ancient Egyptians really made death. So, I can understand that people in modernity would be interested in the same intersection of art and death.

Disneyland holds a somewhat similar meaning for the people of today. So, the happiest place on Earth certainly does have the potential to make death beautiful and artistic, as long as Disney exhibits discretion and good taste in accommodating these requests.

Comment

Yknow an interesting thought but just seems too creepy too me. I dont want to go through a ride or walk to an area knowing there might be dead people under me. Although if they let me use my skeleton in Pirates after I pass away, now that would be interesting.
                  There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                  -Dr. Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Wren View Post
                    Although if they let me use my skeleton in Pirates after I pass away, now that would be interesting.
                    Ahhh, the good ol' days.
                    "This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." WD

"Women are the best judges of anything we turn out. Their taste is very important. They are the theatergoers, they are the ones who drag the men in. If the women like it, to heck with the men." WD

Individuality is a great thing....as long as we think alike.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

no, it didn't
                      http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

Yes, but only if they bury me in the piazza...

Comment

I'm inclined to agree, myself. I really don't see a reason for Disney to not accommodate requests of this nature. And, I believe strongly in cremation.

I also believe that cemeteries and memorial parks should be used, in a recreational way, as public gardens more than these burial places currently are, so I can visualize Disneyland being used in a somewhat similar way.

Land should be for the living. Death is just another part of nature. And, the ground at Disneyland is as much a part of nature as any other.
                          I really like this line of thinking.
                          Originally posted by bloodnswash View Post
                          Since we got back to going to DL on a regular basis, I have told my family that if Disney allowed it I would LOVE to be buried at DL. Although I want to be cremated so I wouldn't necessarily be buried. But you know what I mean.

DL is what makes me happy, and I am EXTREMELY happy when I am at DL. I want to be where I am the happiest....and DL is that place. And if that could be for all eternity, well, I think that would be awesome.
                          And this too :gladsad:

I really could not care less about what happens to me when I'm dead, however, I do know from the other point of view that it's nice to have a special place to go to remember the deceased. If my kids could go "visit" me in DL after I'm gone, that'd be cool.
                          I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                          That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                          sigpic

Comment

Yet another potential revenue stream has fallen into the laps of Disneyland management. So, if Disney did decide to offer burial services, would you make use of them? Why, or why not?
                            In a sense they are offering this right now, sans the mortal remains, in the form of the more temporary 'Memory Bricks'. Other than possible legal obstacles, I don't see it being a far flung extension of what they are already offering. They'd make a killing .

Comment

Disneyland has always been about taking you away from reality and into the world of Fantasy. Some how being reminded of death isn't in most people fantasy. HM is creepy enough with seeing real dead people.

Comment

The first instance of scattering cremated remains at Disneyland about which I learned was a terminally-ill child who, evidently, took a particularly intense interest in The Haunted Mansion and who wanted to have his ashes left on the grounds there. So, one of his parents filled that request. That story never really bothered me, though.

To me, the little kid's last wish just became another part of the lore of the mansion. Disneyland is filled with all sorts of unusual stories. They add to the color of the place.

Comment

It'll never happen.

No matter how many pages this ends up being...

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                                    It'll never happen.

No matter how many pages this ends up being...
                                    Fun sucker! :judge:

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                                    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                                    sigpic

Comment

hehe

Comment

I just don't see Disney going in this direction. I think everything that Disneyland is celebrates life. If they were to venture off into the mortuary business, I think those two ideas would fight each other. I mean...just the image of a Mickey Mouse coffin...it's not working for me. The marriage thing...yeah, we have all seen how popular it is, and I think that works well. Dreams coming true and all that. But handling a grieving family and having Disney be in charge of it...or the remains...I'm not seeing it. Picture a family arriving at Disneyland and another family is having a funeral in the esplanade. The happiest place on earth?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X