Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

No Jingle Cruise This Year: A Good Thing or a Bad One?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revisiting the poll after a couple of days, it looks like people are fairly evenly split on the subject. I know that Jingle Cruise got some criticism when it first debuted along side Mansion (which is a whole other story...) and Small World's overlays but I would have really expected one side or another to carry more weight as opposed to be evenly split.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

I was really looking forward to going on the Jingle Cruise at night this holiday season. I know the holiday decorations and overlays aren't everyone's cup of tea but I personally enjoy them.

Comment

If they arent going to do this I hope they at least decorate the surrounding area the way the front of the building was decorated. It really gave the are a nice feel to it.
        These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
        My company had a special night at the park
        WdW trip report with WWoHP
        NYE 2011 trip report
        Mice Chat 7th anniversary
        Leap year 24 hour report
        New DCA trip report
        NYE 2012
        HKDL trip report

Comment

I don't feel one way or another about it. The Jingle Cruise is a nice change and a fun story line and a nice holiday change but if they take a year or two off I won't be disappointed.

Comment

I like it. I'm going to miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post
              If they arent going to do this I hope they at least decorate the surrounding area the way the front of the building was decorated. It really gave the are a nice feel to it.
              I agree, the decorations in the office with the lights and the period area music loop with the classic holiday tunes really set the mood...dare I say that they are one of my favorite holiday decoration set ups in the whole resort...

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
                Dressing the Park up with ornamentation is ok, if done in taste, but even that is starting to get over the top.
                Right to much......it can over bearing .....
                Last edited by Eagleman; 10-02-2017, 05:49 PM.
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post

I agree, the decorations in the office with the lights and the period area music loop with the classic holiday tunes really set the mood...dare I say that they are one of my favorite holiday decoration set ups in the whole resort...
                  I felt that way too. It was awesome and very time appropriate. It could be expanded into AL and there really would be no need for Jingle Cruise
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

I felt that way too. It was awesome and very time appropriate. It could be expanded into AL and there really would be no need for Jingle Cruise
                    I think that's a way they can go as well. Critter Country has a great holiday presence with the decorations and the music even though it doesn't have a holiday overlay (or doesn't anymore). Even with the small presence of holidays in the shops and all, with an occasional string of lights here, a package there (of fruitcake perhaps..) and Adventureland would have just the perfect atmosphere for the holiday season. Which oddly enough leaves Tomorrowland as the odd one out in the festivities.

Comment

I thought it was pretty cute. Not planning on visiting around Xmas again due to the crowds so it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.
                      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

I am totally fine with it being gone. Just don't touch HMH.

Comment

I'm going to go against popular opinion here and say bring back jingle cruise, and end HMH. *ducks*

Comment

With the winds of change that are blowing through DL, I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but certainly not surprised.
                            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X