Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Bayou Menu

Last Friday my family went to Blue Bayou. We were shocked (and a little dismayed) that they have removed the lunch menu, and now only serve the dinner menu. Not only did I find the lunch menu a better selection, it also wasn't as hefty as the average $40 entree price of the dinner menu. I asked them about the Monte Cristo, and while it is not on the menu, they still will serve it to you (for a while). Eventually, it will go away permanently.

I admit I haven't kept up on park happenings as I used to, but when did this change. I know it's been within the last year and a half. I find this move very disappointing.

As far as I know you can also get the Monte Cristo across the way at the French Market. Maybe they're taking it away there too? If so that would be a real shame. It's a highlight for us on our trips.

Comment

I'm convinced Disney does not have chefs anymore. Everything seems to be pre-made institutional type food. I remember when you could get breakfast made to order at the River Belle Terrace made by some great short-order cooks. Now Disney only seems to employ zit-faced teenagers in their restaurants where preparing actual food if alien to them.

Comment

Originally posted by stovk View Post
        I'm convinced Disney does not have chefs anymore. Everything seems to be pre-made institutional type food. I remember when you could get breakfast made to order at the River Belle Terrace made by some great short-order cooks. Now Disney only seems to employ zit-faced teenagers in their restaurants where preparing actual food if alien to them.
        I wouldn't be surprised if Disney is cutting back on chefs, although I will say my personal experience contradicts this possible trend. I dined at the River Belle Terrace in April and a chef was kind enough to come to our table and accommodate someone's preferential diet restrictions. They were knowledgeable and friendly. I would be sad if this went away.

Comment

This is just sad. Once again, another treasured thing getting the budget ax.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
            As far as I know you can also get the Monte Cristo across the way at the French Market. Maybe they're taking it away there too? If so that would be a real shame. It's a highlight for us on our trips.
            Cafe Orleans is the other place they have the Monte Cristo. The French Market, on the other hand, got rid of my favorite dish this summer; Red Beans & Rice.

Comment

If you check the Disneyland app they have a lunch and dinner menu, with the Monte Cristo still on the lunch one. You'd think their own app would be up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

Cafe Orleans is the other place they have the Monte Cristo. The French Market, on the other hand, got rid of my favorite dish this summer; Red Beans & Rice.
                Thanks for correcting me. I'm also a huge fan of the Red Beans and Rice there. I was inspired by it once and tried to make my own, but it didn't turn out nearly as well.

Comment

My wife found a box mix of Red Beans and Rice at Albertsons about a year ago. You cook it up and add the sausage you buy separately. It very much tastes like the Disneyland version.
                  You can imagine my shock and sadness when, having been blocked out all summer, I excitedly walked into the French Market right at 11am and ordered my Red Beans and Rice only to be told it was discontinued. They asked me what I wanted instead, but I just turned around and silently sulked out of the building.

Comment

Guest experience , is not the same IMO
                    Getting less , while paying more............even at Blue Bayou
                    Disney ,cutting back on chefs !
                    This will go along with long list of parks budget cut , Thanks to Bob Chapek.

Glad to hear that, Monte Cristo still across the way at the French Market!
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

It's been years since I've eaten at Disneyland's Blue Bayou. I remember when I used to visit with my extended family, many years ago, my cousin and I always used share a Monte Cristo sandwich. Given that we managed to get TWO meals out out of it, it's no wonder that Disney has discontinued offering it on their menu.

Sadly, Blue Bayou was never "as good as it used to be." The corresponding Blue Lagoon* in Disneyland Paris...well, I once enjoyed one of the best steaks in my life there. With wine, of course. Come to think of it, my best, most memorable meals at any Disney park were at Disneyland Paris. Even the character buffet I ate there (off Main Street, forget where) was outstanding. So, it's not like Disney cannot do fine cuisine: they just need the proper motivation.

* Now Captain Jack's.

Comment

Seems to me that when you go to DL, you should be able to dine at any of their restaurants. I found that BB discontinued their walkup service and now they're discontinuing their Monte Cristo. DL is trying their best to pi$$ off their best costumers. Too bad. I've always loved the BB even more so than Club33. Just another reason to stay away.
                        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Just remember, Chapek has an army of "efficiency experts" whose job it is to go around the parks always asking the question of "can we cut this?".

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
                            Sadly, Blue Bayou was never "as good as it used to be."
                            Yes, it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
                              Yes, it was.
                              Yep. Late 60s and into the 70s, great food and elegant service. I ate there a lot during that period -- as an adult, so it's not "childhood nostalgia." The cutbacks in the 80s in menu and service were obvious.

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post
                              Just remember, Chapek has an army of "efficiency experts" whose job it is to go around the parks always asking the question of "can we cut this?".
                              That's a tradition that goes back to Pressler, who famously inspected the Cafe Orleans, pointed to the non-working antique espresso machine on the counter that Walt had bought on one of his trips to give the place authentic decor, and demanded to know "what that thing is doing there." He wanted to have it replaced with a functioning juice machine that made money. (Fortunately, he was talked out of it.)
                              Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-06-2017, 06:04 AM.
                              "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X