Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Spider man dark ride

Spider man swinging pendulum dark ride patent filed by Disney for California adventure
    Walt Disney Company may be building a new ride that swings guests on a web with Spider-Man, according to a patent filed this week. The patent, titled Track

This could be highly cool.

Maybe highly barfy, but also cool.

Comment

Sounds like a real nauseating time...no thanks

Comment

This sounds really ambitious, and also really awesome. It is, almost quite literally, the ride system for Forbidden Journey, but turned upside-down, which will turn out to make a bigger difference than I might have realized were someone to float the idea to me previously. I imagine (or at least, I hope) that there will be some mechanism to keep the barfiness at bay. Nay-sayers will be hard-pressed to say that WDI has lost their passion or ambition on this one.
        Warriors, Giants, Sharks, Texans fan from the Bay Area.
        Annual visitor to Disneyland ('99, '04-08, '11-present)
        So so hyphy.

Comment

I'd love to see it, but I don't know how they'd do it if it weren't a coaster. Maybe something like the swings on a track?

Comment

This looks awesome. I'm not even worried about the nausea, just because the possibilities this ride offers are too numerous to pass up. I wonder if this will be an E-ticket ride that you go on for thrills, or a ride that's sort of like the Marvel and Spiderman version of Peter Pan's Flight for the 21st century. The intense swinging motion makes me think "thrilling E-ticket", but I don't want to speculate since even Peter Pan's Flight has a couple small drops. If this moves forward as a thrill ride, I could see it occupying quite a bit of space (perhaps the Hollywoodland Backlot) while blending in with the cityscape facade of Hollywood Blvd. If it's a more tame dark ride, then perhaps this would take the place of the Animation/Disney Junior buildings, which could again be re-skinned for a better cityscape facade. The former allows for plenty of space with the upcoming Eastern gateway project, while the latter would jibe with the idea of Marvel land being confined to the space south of Hollywood Blvd (therefore leaving Hollywoodland/Backlot open for future expansion).

Either way, I'm excited for what's in store.

Comment

None of these sites actually list any filing number or patent number...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this is put in place of Monster's inc and that entire area
                KA CHOW

Comment

Didn’t one of the MiceAge updates say that they were planning a Spider-Man dark ride in bugs land? So does that mean bugs land will close late this year/early next for the construction of this?

Comment

It looks interesting - though I wish they'd put in some new rides that don't appear so nauseating. The newer ride technologies (HP Forbidden Journey/Avatar/New SW attractions) is tough on a lot of us motion sickness prone folks. I'm making assumptions, of course, since I haven't rode rides that don't exist yet, but I get sick on Star Tours, so my hopes aren't high.

Comment

Oooooh! I'm excited! Definitely interested seeing this come to fruition!

Comment

Originally posted by JoFi View Post
                        It looks interesting - though I wish they'd put in some new rides that don't appear so nauseating. The newer ride technologies (HP Forbidden Journey/Avatar/New SW attractions) is tough on a lot of us motion sickness prone folks. I'm making assumptions, of course, since I haven't rode rides that don't exist yet, but I get sick on Star Tours, so my hopes aren't high.
                        The screens can be killer. I told my wife not to go on Avatar because I know it would have ruined the rest of her day.

I had a great time though. =P

Comment

If you look at all the illustrations in the article, it looks like the show building would be quite large. It also looks like practical sets would make up much of the attraction. At least your not just sitting in a simulator in front of a screen! Good things to look forward to...

Comment

I don't want to be that *that guy* but doesn't this still technically count as a rumor? That said I'd love to see a cool ride system that brings you through amazing practical sets so i'm fine with this!

Comment

If they don't stick this thing in front of a bunch of screens, it might not be too barfy (for me, at least). I guess it depends upon how much swinging and how fast the swinging is. Maybe they will do like LegoLand does with their Kuka Arm ride and let you choose your intensity level. That would be cool. Either way, my husband and daughter would like this for sure. I hope this is more than just rumor!

DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
                              DW Trips: '08
                              International parks: Some day...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X