Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Whaddya Say We Just Ban The Disney Gangs!

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whaddya Say We Just Ban The Disney Gangs!

I never liked the Disney gangs. I always found them rude, immature and obnoxious. But I never knew the full extent of their terrible nature...

http://micechat.com/179550-david-koe...-social-clubs/

Realistically, there's probably no way to ban them. But if they started just a mere 5 years ago, maybe something can be done to create an eventual demise of them. But how?
    Last edited by Natalie Price; 12-07-2017, 06:47 AM.

Idealy... yes ban them. However... I think its hard to enforce the ban. Right now its vests, tomorrow its just t-shirts, and how do you identify what is a "gang" and what is a large family or out of towners just wearing matching outfits?

Logistically all you can really do is ban "gang attire"

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15 View Post
      Idealy... yes ban them. However... I think its hard to enforce the ban. Right now its vests, tomorrow its just t-shirts, and how do you identify what is a "gang" and what is a large family or out of towners just wearing matching outfits?

Logistically all you can really do is ban "gang attire"
      Banning "gang attire" would be a good start, because it's their silly vests and gang logos that signal to everyone in the park, "Hey, look at us! We're a Disney gang!" Eliminate that, and they will lose their identity. And that's their big thing...advertising themselves as a gang to everyone. But is that even possible to do? That's the question.

Comment

I like to ask them if they realize that Sons of Anarchy is over and not on TV anymore.

Comment

Meh interesting story that's a over the top example of course and should be addressed. Overall I have never had a negative encounter with the social groups. No those families with matching shirts who clog up the walkaways 10 deep let's talk about them!
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

NorCal AP'ers 4 Life bro! (you people really need something better to do with your time)
            My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

From my experience as a CM, my moments with members of these social gangs were mixed to say the least. Of course, it's wrong to make a generalization, but while a few members were EXTREMELY kind, a majority I interacted with had an arrogant, entitled attitude.

With that being said, I say ban the groups, or at least the attire.

Comment

Banning the attire isn't as easy one may think. Look at all of the different times Disney tried to ban costumes at the park.

Comment

Not just the vests but I simply don't understand the need for groups to wear the same clothes at all. Why does a group of 4 or more people all need the same shirt?
                  "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
                    Banning the attire isn't as easy one may think. Look at all of the different times Disney tried to ban costumes at the park.
                    I dunno. I got about 5 steps through the gate with one of my favorite heavy metal shirts on when I was approached by security telling my to either leave, wear it inside out or buy a new one immediately. So I think its pretty easy for Disney to ban said groups if they wished to.
                    My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

This problem has been building for several years:

MiceChat: Social club vests

MiceChat: Social Clubs

MiceChat: Social Clubs - Interview with the Main Street Elites

OC Weekly: The Very Merry Un-Gangs of Disneyland

Posted by a CM nearly four years ago:

Originally posted by Westsider
                      A Social Club merely devolves into typical group behavior at a place they visit frequently. CM's are really getting tired of them, and I know management is watching them closely to see how this develops.

Sometimes they just stand around in groups with matching vests talking and hanging out, which is harmless. And some of the group names really are quite clever. (Walt's Wanderers is my favorite)

But increasingly they are becoming boorish and obnoxious. And it's not just the rampant use of DAS Cards for all their fellow club members.

Lately they've been known to disembark a ride en masse, and then stand on the unload dock in a group loudly welcoming back other random guests in trailing vehicles; they do an exaggerated act of what the Unload CM is supposed to be doing, half mocking the CM and just generally getting in the way and confusing other people. It's annoying, but since they come to the park so often that's apparently how they keep themselves entertained now.
                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                      until Thor told it to me."
                      -
                      Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

I don't really whish injury on anyone, but I wonder if anyone in one of these "social organizations" has ever worn their "colors" outside the park and bumped into a member of a biker "social organization"
                        I don't think that would be a pleasant experience for them.
                        But it might alter their opinion of how fun or cool it is to dress up like a "bad boy" with Disney overtones.

They definitely won't be in _their_ happy place.

WillG

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post

I dunno. I got about 5 steps through the gate with one of my favorite heavy metal shirts on when I was approached by security telling my to either leave, wear it inside out or buy a new one immediately. So I think its pretty easy for Disney to ban said groups if they wished to.
                          That's not exactly what I meant by difficulty. What I meant, was Disney has constantly had to change their rules for costumes due to push back from the public. Plus, banning the attire may mean banning attire that is innocent and causes no harm.

Comment

I haven't seen as many of these "clubs" recently as I used to a year or two ago. Personally I've never had a problem with them but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the member caused problems or caused regular park guests to feel uncomfortable. I'm never a fan of banning things however in this case I think it would behoove Disney and park security to keep a closer eye on these groups.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X