Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Should the Small World ceiling ever be improved?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Small World

I feel is still a Classic , and you can still see lots of love ,that goes back to Walt Disney and his Imagineers ,
    such as Mary Blair and her Art work.
    Children still smile's today enjoying the attraction , as those who enjoy from the past.......
    I think the ceiling is fine as it is!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by pwillunlv View Post
      YES! It is such a distraction--it looks like a cheap dropped ceiling from a generic office.
      I totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
        It's a Small World

I feel is still a Classic , and you can still see lots of love ,that goes back to Walt Disney and his Imagineers ,
        such as Mary Blair and her Art work.
        Children still smile's today enjoying the attraction , as those who enjoy from the past.......
        I think the ceiling is fine as it is!
        I've come to really love and appreciate Mary Blair's work. Her and Eyvind Earle (who did the backgrounds for Sleeping Beauty) are probably my two favorite Disney artists of all time.

Maybe they could repaint the ceiling to feature a giant, mural-like homage to Mary Blair's artwork on the ride. They already have the "one moon and golden sun" hanging either in the air or on the walls, but they could definitely work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

I've come to really love and appreciate Mary Blair's work. Her and Eyvind Earle (who did the backgrounds for Sleeping Beauty) are probably my two favorite Disney artists of all time.

Maybe they could repaint the ceiling to feature a giant, mural-like homage to Mary Blair's artwork on the ride. They already have the "one moon and golden sun" hanging either in the air or on the walls, but they could definitely work something out.
          I in agreement with you.......and appreciate Mary Blair's work !
          and ceiling is not the mean concept of the show
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
            U. . . There is not much they could do, other than make it look like the sky. . .
            Funny, I was at a restaurant, Viva Madrid, in Claremont, CA, this evening, and I looked up and saw their attractive sky ceiling and thought, "That's exactly what they should do on Small World."

Comment

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
              Funny, I was at a restaurant, Viva Madrid, in Claremont, CA, this evening, and I looked up and saw their attractive sky ceiling and thought, "That's exactly what they should do on Small World."
              Well you get the "Sky Ceiling", when you go outside ,It's a Small World
              LoL

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

[QUOTE=WaltDisney'sAlec;n8544856]I seem to remember a Disney Parks Blog post showing the crews working on "it's a small world" holiday. The ceiling tiles were easily removable and thus made the rigging/harnesses easily workable, especially when hoisting up the decorations.

These are the two closest videos I could find, but they could provide the explanation for why we haven't seen any substantive change to the ceiling.

Video 1

Video 2

Thanks for the videos!

as a life long crafter/sewing, jewelry making........ gardener and home"maker" book cases, slip covers... if I can, I will make it myself....

I walk around Disneyland seeing not only the intended visual but admiring the brilliance and creativity of how the effects are achieved... and some appreciation of the work involved...
                and knowing, at that, everything I am perceiving falls short of the skill and talent involved...

I often thinking, how fun it would be to see how this/that.. was done....
                I know, people say... you are not supposed to be looking at that or thinking about that.... for me, human brilliance, is part of the magic and, creativity is magic.....

thanks!

Comment

I'm revising my opinion here.
                  I thought of this thread when I was on IASW yesterday. They still have the holiday stuff up, and, yes, it looks so beautiful "all dolled up" that the ceiling is jarring. It's amazing how lovely that attraction looks with all the holiday embellishments. I was on it in December, but maybe I was too tired then to pay much attention. Or "holidayed out." Anyhow, it shows the potential of IASW.

Maybe our OP, jcruise86, was prompted to post after he saw the ride looking so great, but the ceiling looking so lame.
                  Big fan here of holiday IASW. I do think IASW could use a better ceiling.

Comment

SMALL WORLD'S CEILING BUGS ME EVERY TIME I RIDE IT. It's one of the few things I really knit-pick at DLR. Glad I found this therapy thread. I feel much better knowing that misery loves company.

Comment

Originally posted by BW1 View Post
                      SMALL WORLD'S CEILING BUGS ME EVERY TIME I RIDE IT. It's one of the few things I really knit-pick at DLR. Glad I found this therapy thread. I feel much better knowing that misery loves company.
                      LOL.......
                      I for a new CEILING after wear and tear ,many years.....But the ceiling should not be forecast point ,of the show.......

As misery to the guest.........IMO Disney does not care !
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                      X