Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Single Rider Lines at Star Wars Land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Single Rider Lines at Star Wars Land

What are the chances that Star Wars Land has Single Rider lines?

I hope they have them. The chances I would think are high if they want max capacity which they will need. Only making 2 attractions in Star Wars Galaxy's Edge is such a mistake in the first place with the demand that will come with the area.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Comment

I don't see why they wouldn't incorporate single rider into them.

For Battle Escape if the ride vehicles are the same as what was on display at D23 (2 rows of 4) then it is easy as they would just fill open seats like they do on RSR.

This has me thinking more about the Millennium Falcon attraction and how it will all work. Sure, they can fill in seats there too, but single rider or not I'm curious how they will assign seats. Will the pilot position be the one everyone fights for? Will it actually be the best position or will they add enough interactive elements for everyone else to still be equally cool? Or in order to not have arguments will they place everyone in the group in front of pre-show consoles and have the computer randomly assign the positions and your roll in the simulation? It will be interesting to see how that all works.

Comment

....So I will drag out my soap box...can you see me now.....single rider lines will happen once the separate entrance fee into Star Wars land ceases...because Biggsworth great observation is that two attractions is a big mistake....pay your dues, stand in line with that wrist band....over and over and over..unless there is a single rider line...then it will be over and over and over and over and over in the abused single rider line.

Comment

I think it to early to tell
          Disney can always incorporate , single rider into them ,if they need to !
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The more important question is will they have single WALKER lines. That is, a line for singles that want to enter the land. I feel SWL, the land itself, is going to be at max capacity for a long time after it opens.

Comment

I would bet money the Battle attraction will. Indiana Jones seems like it is the most similar in terms of ride vehicle size and Indy has single riders. There's not really any reason to think it wouldn't. And if they want to fill every seat and get lines moving to eat all those people it would be beneficial for them to utilize a single rider line as well. The MF attraction? I am not sure on. Although if each person sits in their own seat and it's in a cockpit that holds 4-8 people then I would say they should. We still don't know the details on that one though, right? If it's like Mission Space at DW then I would think it might. They aren't going to put a single rider in their own MF cockpit so I think a single rider line is probably likely.

Comment

Does anyone recall Avatar Land's practices with Flight of Passage? I'm fairly certain they had a single-rider line built into the queue, but when I visited (about a month and a half after it opened) they weren't letting anyone use it. They would make you stand in regular stand-by line, and then when you get to the loading area they would ask for a party of 1 from the general line. I think their worry is everyone would crowd the single rider line thinking it would be faster, much like what happened with Radiator Springs Racers at DCA's grand re-opening, and that would lead to an immense backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney follows these practices with Star Wars Land.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                  Does anyone recall Avatar Land's practices with Flight of Passage? I'm fairly certain they had a single-rider line built into the queue, but when I visited (about a month and a half after it opened) they weren't letting anyone use it. They would make you stand in regular stand-by line, and then when you get to the loading area they would ask for a party of 1 from the general line. I think their worry is everyone would crowd the single rider line thinking it would be faster, much like what happened with Radiator Springs Racers at DCA's grand re-opening, and that would lead to an immense backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney follows these practices with Star Wars Land.

When I was there in November it was not being used. I don't understand why. We went on it 7 times and every time there was at least 1 seat open if not 2!!!!! 2!!!!!!!!!!
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

Working...