Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Please review MiceChat's updated Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Links are provided at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

The old switcheroo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] The old switcheroo

Okay, here's a bit of fun for you.

Your job is to pick one attraction at Disneyland out of that park and give it a new home at Disney California Adventure. You need to find somewhere in DCA that is a good themetic for for that attraction.

But there's a catch...

In return you must move one DCA attraction over to Disneyland and find a thematically appropriate place to relocate it. (The two attractions do not need to switch places exactly.)

Which two currently existing single attractions (not whole lands or restaurants or shops) do you switch?

The first thing that came to mind was to move The Little Mermaid to Fantasyland.

And move BLAB to Pixar Pier.

Comment

Originally posted by mqpickles View Post
      The first thing that came to mind was to move The Little Mermaid to Fantasyland.

And move BLAB to Pixar Pier.
      Beat me to it by 30 minutes
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I would move the Grizzly Rapids to Fronteirland by the Big Thunder Trail and Autopia to Cars Land.

Comment

Guardians of the Galaxy to Tomorrowland and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters to Pixar Pier.

Silly Symphony Swing and Goofy's Sky School to ToonTown, Roger Rabbit to Hollywood Land, and Winnie the Pooh to Grizzly Peak
          RIP Maliboomer - I waited my whole life to that point, and got to ride you once. I will forever miss you.

Comment

SWL to DCA

Aladdin or ToT or Muppet Vision 3D or Soarin over California to Disneyland (can I say that? All four are gone but were my favorites)

If not, then Cars Land to Disneyland
            KA CHOW

Comment

Buzz Lightyear to Pixar Pier and the animation building into old Buzz/Circlevision building.
              "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

BLAB to Pixar pier and Bugs land to Tom Sawyer island, that way no adults will complain about wasted space.

Comment

Fun question! I'd move Roger Rabbit to Hollywood/backlot, and Little Mermaid to Fantasyland.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post
                    SWL to DCA

Aladdin or ToT or Muppet Vision 3D or Soarin over California to Disneyland (can I say that? All four are gone but were my favorites)

If not, then Cars Land to Disneyland
                    Nope, not quite. The rules are you take one attraction out of Disneyland and move it over to DCA and place it somewhere that it thematically fits, then you take a DCA attraction and move it to a spot in Disneyland where it blends into the theme of that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Fan View Post
                      Buzz Lightyear to Pixar Pier and the animation building into old Buzz/Circlevision building.
                      I get why BLAB fits with the theme of Pixar Pier, but how does the Animation Building work in Tomorrowland? The two attractions you chose to move don't have to trade exact places. They only have to switch parks with each other, but they also need to fit with the theming of wherever they are placed in the other park.

Comment

Originally posted by laferney Road kid View Post
                        BLAB to Pixar pier and Bugs land to Tom Sawyer island, that way no adults will complain about wasted space.
                        Sorry, that's breaking the rules. Bugs Land is an entire land. It has to be an individual ride, show or attraction that gets moved from one park to the other. And wherever you move that ride to it needs to be compatible with the existing theme of that area. Not sure any of the attractions from Bugs Land fit with the old west / pirates theming of Tom Sawyer Island.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
                          Fun question! I'd move Roger Rabbit to Hollywood/backlot, and Little Mermaid to Fantasyland.
                          I was waiting for someone to say that. That was the precise thought that I had which inspired me to start this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post

I get why BLAB fits with the theme of Pixar Pier, but how does the Animation Building work in Tomorrowland?.
                            Kids are the future animators? Same reasoning as Autopia I suppose. I was going for attractions not for theming I guess.

"Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

Little Mermaid obviously belongs in Fantasyland, not California, and Nemo just as obviously belongs in Morro Bay, California!
                              "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." - ​Walt Disney

Comment

I'd take DCA's Animation Academy and put into Toontown. It would be cool to learn how to create cartoons in the land of cartoons.

I'd take Big Thunder and move it to Grizzly Peak, but re-theme it to a Sierra Foothills gold mine train.
                                Last edited by Co Foo; 02-11-2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greenalfonzo View Post
                                  Nemo just as obviously belongs in Morro Bay, California!
                                  This is a winner of an idea. The central coast is one of my favorite areas in the state, and sorry Nemo, but the seafood there is fantastic.
                                  Last edited by Co Foo; 02-11-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Little Mermaid to Fantasyland and Nemo to Pixar Pier?

Comment

Originally posted by kalimouse View Post
                                      little mermaid to fantasyland and nemo to pixar pier?
                                      bingo
                                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Sailing Ship Columbia moved over into the NorthEast of Paradise Bay aka Future Paradise Gardens. It would finally give the bay, a proper boat.

The Electric Trolley moved to Toontown, as a subtle nod to 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'.
                                        Last edited by Spongeocto4; 02-11-2018, 08:45 PM. Reason: trolley/syreetcar changed, mispelled 'subtle'

Comment

Working...
                                        X