Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

The old switcheroo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to go "out there" a bit with my answer and say Snow White's Scary Adventures to DCA and Redwood Challenge Trail (that counts as an attraction right?) to Disneyland.

So with Snow White's Scary Adventures, you could place it in the Carthay Circle theater (move the restaurant upstairs possibly and remove Club 1901 because why not...) and truly make that the "premiere" of the film as it did at the real Carthay Circle way back when. By doing so, DCA would gain another Dark Ride and you could probably relocate Toad over to the spot vacated by Snow White and double track Peter Pan to beef up capacity.

With Redwood Challenge Trail, you could move that over to nearby Frontierland and kind of beef up the Tom Sawyer's island idea. I always found Tom Sawyer's Island to be lackluster after the OSHA changes and the Pirates touch while nice didn't do much for me but if you combined the two, there might be a legitimate "exploring area" for kids in of all places a new Frontier so that would be interesting.

As much as I think these ideas are unique, I honestly wouldn't want it to happen in real life with Snow White being an opening day attraction and all but just wanted to give a different idea from what everyone else has been saying.
    "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
    "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

I would move the redwood creek challenge to Tom Sawyers Island and I would move Autopia to Carsland with a major thematic upgrade. Imagine the cars from Luigi's being driven through a track around the Cadillac mountain range like Lightning and Sally's drive in the original movie.
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Fan View Post

Kids are the future animators? Same reasoning as Autopia I suppose. I was going for attractions not for theming I guess.
        So we'll make it futuristic by having Asimo teach them animate.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
          I'd take DCA's Animation Academy and put into Toontown. It would be cool to learn how to create cartoons in the land of cartoons.
          That's very meta. Interesting idea.

Comment

I'd move Roger Rabbit to DCA (build a Toontown 2.0 in Hollywood) and move Monsters Inc to Tomorrowland. I know the latter might not fit in Tomorrowland but hey, Tokyo got it to work.

I know alot of people want The Little Mermaid to move to DL but I think it should stay where it is. DCA is in desperate need of IPs that are NOT Pixar.

Comment

Originally posted by toonaspie View Post
              I'd move Roger Rabbit to DCA (build a Toontown 2.0 in Hollywood) and move Monsters Inc to Tomorrowland. I know the latter might not fit in Tomorrowland but hey, Tokyo got it to work.

I know alot of people want The Little Mermaid to move to DL but I think it should stay where it is. DCA is in desperate need of IPs that are NOT Pixar.
              I agree on not moving the Little mermaid, DCA can't afford to lose a dark ride either, I like the idea of turning the back lot area into a mini Toontown, are you suggesting that the actual Toontown go away?

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

I agree on not moving the Little mermaid, DCA can't afford to lose a dark ride either, I like the idea of turning the back lot area into a mini Toontown, are you suggesting that the actual Toontown go away?
                It's certainly a neat idea that I think has been brought up here and there and I myself think it's an interesting way to keep Toontown alive should they decide to close it in Disneyland. Themewise it would fit in nicely with whats left of Hollywoodland (or flat out replace it since the back half is going to be Marvel anyways) and could make for a nice section of a park that as has been pointed out....needs some more original Disney to prevent the park from becoming Disney's Pixar Adventure.
                "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post

It's certainly a neat idea that I think has been brought up here and there and I myself think it's an interesting way to keep Toontown alive should they decide to close it in Disneyland. Themewise it would fit in nicely with whats left of Hollywoodland (or flat out replace it since the back half is going to be Marvel anyways) and could make for a nice section of a park that as has been pointed out....needs some more original Disney to prevent the park from becoming Disney's Pixar Adventure.
                  I agree it needs some of the Original Disney, with that I also feel it is missing the one thing that Disneyland has and that are Original attractions that are not based on an IP at all. It misses the Charm of Pirates, HM, BTMRR, Space Mountain. If the entire park is IP based it will never live up to Disneyland, I don't think the current management understands that though.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post

Nope, not quite. The rules are you take one attraction out of Disneyland and move it over to DCA and place it somewhere that it thematically fits, then you take a DCA attraction and move it to a spot in Disneyland where it blends into the theme of that area.
                    Woops, my bad haha

Ok then i'd still move Cars Land to around BTMRR area (where SWL is going to be now) since it technically "could" blend with the area, and i'd take BLAB to Pixar Pier I guess.

If I still did that wrong then I give up lol
                    KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by mqpickles View Post
                      The first thing that came to mind was to move The Little Mermaid to Fantasyland.

And move BLAB to Pixar Pier.
                      This, exactly.
                      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

A couple of folks have mentioned moving Buzz to Pixar Pier, but I'd be hesitant to do this because then that would put too close to Midway Mania. I think these rides are too similar to even be in the same park, let alone the same land.

Comment

A couple of folks have mentioned moving Buzz to Pixar Pier, but I'd be hesitant to do this because then that would put too close to Midway Mania. I think these rides are too similar to even be in the same park, let alone the same land.
                          I agree with this they are too similar of rides

Comment

BLAB really doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, so that's why we'd like to switch it to DCA. It's a shooting range style of ride, which would fit in with the Pixar Pier. Just for gross rationalization: Who's to say that a boardwalk couldn't have both a shooting gallery (BLAB) and other carnival games (TSMM)? How would that be any worse than having Symphony Swings and the Golden Zephyr - both areal spinners - next to each other?
                            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

BLAB really doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, so that's why we'd like to switch it to DCA. It's a shooting range style of ride, which would fit in with the Pixar Pier. Just for gross rationalization: Who's to say that a boardwalk couldn't have both a shooting gallery (BLAB) and other carnival games (TSMM)? How would that be any worse than having Symphony Swings and the Golden Zephyr - both areal spinners - next to each other?
                              I agree with moving it out of Tomorrowland.

It would be a perfect fit for Pixar Pier if they didn't already have Midway Mania. Midway Mania already covers several types of carnival games, like the ring toss, balloon pop, break the plates, etc. Putting BLAB there feels redundant. I wouldn't point to the Swings and Zephyr as examples of what is the best pairing of rides. I'd be fine with either or both of them disappearing.

Comment

I agree with moving it out of Tomorrowland.

It would be a perfect fit for Pixar Pier if they didn't already have Midway Mania. Midway Mania already covers several types of carnival games, like the ring toss, balloon pop, break the plates, etc. Putting BLAB there feels redundant. I wouldn't point to the Swings and Zephyr as examples of what is the best pairing of rides. I'd be fine with either or both of them disappearing.
                                I'd be fine with seeing BLAB blast off forever, myself. Like you said, it is redundant with and inferior to TSMM.
                                Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

I'd be fine with seeing BLAB blast off forever, myself. Like you said, it is redundant with and inferior to TSMM.
                                  I like BLAB and I can't quite put my finger on why I like it as much as I do. Incidentally, I have only been on the Tokyo version of the ride. Rode it twice (got off and got right back in line because it was a walk-on). But I have seen tons of videos of the Anaheim version which I like as well. I wish I knew why.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post

I like BLAB and I can't quite put my finger on why I like it as much as I do. Incidentally, I have only been on the Tokyo version of the ride. Rode it twice (got off and got right back in line because it was a walk-on). But I have seen tons of videos of the Anaheim version which I like as well. I wish I knew why.
                                    It's kinda' fun for me, too. It's a bit cheesy, but my real problem with BLAB is it proves that Disney management fundamentally doesn't (or didn't) understand or really care about what Tomorrowland is supposed to be. It's like they were trying to find something cheap/quick to put into TL and said 'Oh! Buzz Lightyear has a space suit and has alien's with him. That'll work just great in spacey land!' It flat-out ignores the premise that TL is supposed to be about the future advances of humanity. It can't even be rationalized like Autopia (kids' won't be able to drive cars until the future) or FNSV (most people don't get to ride around in submarines). /rant
                                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

It's kinda' fun for me, too. It's a bit cheesy, but my real problem with BLAB is it proves that Disney management fundamentally doesn't (or didn't) understand or really care about what Tomorrowland is supposed to be. It's like they were trying to find something cheap/quick to put into TL and said 'Oh! Buzz Lightyear has a space suit and has alien's with him. That'll work just great in spacey land!' It flat-out ignores the premise that TL is supposed to be about the future advances of humanity. It can't even be rationalized like Autopia (kids' won't be able to drive cars until the future) or FNSV (most people don't get to ride around in submarines). /rant
                                      You're absolutely right. No argument from me.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.......... Well as a lot said, an no brainer is Buzz to DCA. Here's a crazy one that would take a little extra work: Grizzly River Run to Frontierland. Basically doing a huge re-working of the Big Thunder Mountain area so the rapids ride is part of the Big Thunder area, weaving in and out of caves around it, etc. Probably totally not feasible, but we're doing blue sky over here lol
                                        Last edited by DisneySpaceAce; 02-19-2018, 11:26 AM.
                                        "Have I gone mad?"
                                        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

I'm gonna try and not touch anything that hasn't been said already.

For one of the trades, I'd move Goofy's Sky School over to Toontown. It feels pretty obvious: it's a ride themed to a Fab 5 member that could really fill in some of the emptiness of that area.

As for the opposite move, Country Bear Jamboree to Grizzly Peak would have been the most obvious choice, but the attraction doesn't exist on the West Coast at the moment. Other obvious options like Roger Rabbit, Buzz, and Nemo have been taken as well. So let's really go crazy and move It's a Small World to Paradise Pier (or whatever we're calling the side that has Little Mermaid). Here's my thought process here: 1) It's the happiest cruise in the world, which fits the water theme, 2) California in general has a huge history of being a big crossroads of cultures (as Pacific Wharf actually showcases) and this would fit under a more general DCA theme with this idea.

Comment

Working...
                                          X