No announcement yet.

The old switcheroo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of folks have mentioned moving Buzz to Pixar Pier, but I'd be hesitant to do this because then that would put too close to Midway Mania. I think these rides are too similar to even be in the same park, let alone the same land.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
      A couple of folks have mentioned moving Buzz to Pixar Pier, but I'd be hesitant to do this because then that would put too close to Midway Mania. I think these rides are too similar to even be in the same park, let alone the same land.
      I agree with this they are too similar of rides
      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

BLAB really doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, so that's why we'd like to switch it to DCA. It's a shooting range style of ride, which would fit in with the Pixar Pier. Just for gross rationalization: Who's to say that a boardwalk couldn't have both a shooting gallery (BLAB) and other carnival games (TSMM)? How would that be any worse than having Symphony Swings and the Golden Zephyr - both areal spinners - next to each other?
        Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

BLAB really doesn't belong in Tomorrowland, so that's why we'd like to switch it to DCA. It's a shooting range style of ride, which would fit in with the Pixar Pier. Just for gross rationalization: Who's to say that a boardwalk couldn't have both a shooting gallery (BLAB) and other carnival games (TSMM)? How would that be any worse than having Symphony Swings and the Golden Zephyr - both areal spinners - next to each other?
          I agree with moving it out of Tomorrowland.

It would be a perfect fit for Pixar Pier if they didn't already have Midway Mania. Midway Mania already covers several types of carnival games, like the ring toss, balloon pop, break the plates, etc. Putting BLAB there feels redundant. I wouldn't point to the Swings and Zephyr as examples of what is the best pairing of rides. I'd be fine with either or both of them disappearing.

Comment

I agree with moving it out of Tomorrowland.

It would be a perfect fit for Pixar Pier if they didn't already have Midway Mania. Midway Mania already covers several types of carnival games, like the ring toss, balloon pop, break the plates, etc. Putting BLAB there feels redundant. I wouldn't point to the Swings and Zephyr as examples of what is the best pairing of rides. I'd be fine with either or both of them disappearing.
            I'd be fine with seeing BLAB blast off forever, myself. Like you said, it is redundant with and inferior to TSMM.
            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

I'd be fine with seeing BLAB blast off forever, myself. Like you said, it is redundant with and inferior to TSMM.
              I like BLAB and I can't quite put my finger on why I like it as much as I do. Incidentally, I have only been on the Tokyo version of the ride. Rode it twice (got off and got right back in line because it was a walk-on). But I have seen tons of videos of the Anaheim version which I like as well. I wish I knew why.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Andrew Nelson View Post

I like BLAB and I can't quite put my finger on why I like it as much as I do. Incidentally, I have only been on the Tokyo version of the ride. Rode it twice (got off and got right back in line because it was a walk-on). But I have seen tons of videos of the Anaheim version which I like as well. I wish I knew why.
                It's kinda' fun for me, too. It's a bit cheesy, but my real problem with BLAB is it proves that Disney management fundamentally doesn't (or didn't) understand or really care about what Tomorrowland is supposed to be. It's like they were trying to find something cheap/quick to put into TL and said 'Oh! Buzz Lightyear has a space suit and has alien's with him. That'll work just great in spacey land!' It flat-out ignores the premise that TL is supposed to be about the future advances of humanity. It can't even be rationalized like Autopia (kids' won't be able to drive cars until the future) or FNSV (most people don't get to ride around in submarines). /rant
                Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

It's kinda' fun for me, too. It's a bit cheesy, but my real problem with BLAB is it proves that Disney management fundamentally doesn't (or didn't) understand or really care about what Tomorrowland is supposed to be. It's like they were trying to find something cheap/quick to put into TL and said 'Oh! Buzz Lightyear has a space suit and has alien's with him. That'll work just great in spacey land!' It flat-out ignores the premise that TL is supposed to be about the future advances of humanity. It can't even be rationalized like Autopia (kids' won't be able to drive cars until the future) or FNSV (most people don't get to ride around in submarines). /rant
                  You're absolutely right. No argument from me.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.......... Well as a lot said, an no brainer is Buzz to DCA. Here's a crazy one that would take a little extra work: Grizzly River Run to Frontierland. Basically doing a huge working of the Big Thunder Mountain area so the rapids ride is part of the Big Thunder area, weaving in and out of caves around it, etc. Probably totally not feasible, but we're doing blue sky over here lol
                    "Have I gone mad?"
                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

I'm gonna try and not touch anything that hasn't been said already.

For one of the trades, I'd move Goofy's Sky School over to Toontown. It feels pretty obvious: it's a ride themed to a Fab 5 member that could really fill in some of the emptiness of that area.

As for the opposite move, Country Bear Jamboree to Grizzly Peak would have been the most obvious choice, but the attraction doesn't exist on the West Coast at the moment. Other obvious options like Roger Rabbit, Buzz, and Nemo have been taken as well. So let's really go crazy and move It's a Small World to Paradise Pier (or whatever we're calling the side that has Little Mermaid). Here's my thought process here: 1) It's the happiest cruise in the world, which fits the water theme, 2) California in general has a huge history of being a big crossroads of cultures (as Pacific Wharf actually showcases) and this would fit under a more general DCA theme with this idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X