Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Picture taking Main Gate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture taking Main Gate

Ok so I hardly ever create a topic here on Micechat, but I just want to know who was in the board meeting and they're were like yeah lets have everyone take pictures at the gate and sign their tickets too! This has dramatically increased times to enter the parks. Why can't we have a system as easy at Tokyo Disney?
    Jeff Wayne

I would only take a picture at the main gate or inside the gate under the Main Street Station / Mickey if there was almost nobody around. Far too many people in the shot at that and a few other spots like in front of the castle.

And some people TAKE FOREVER to take a photograph-- it gets a little ridiculous sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Whipland View Post
      I would only take a picture at the main gate or inside the gate under the Main Street Station / Mickey if there was almost nobody around. Far too many people in the shot at that and a few other spots like in front of the castle.

And some people TAKE FOREVER to take a photograph-- it gets a little ridiculous sometimes.
      I think what GhostHost is talking about is the cast members at the ticket turnstile taking photos of people for their AP or other tickets. This does add considerable amount of time to the line. Also adding time is the fact that most ticket takers seem to be retirees, no offense.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

I think what GhostHost is talking about is the cast members at the ticket turnstile taking photos of people for their AP or other tickets. This does add considerable amount of time to the line. Also adding time is the fact that most ticket takers seem to be retirees, no offense.
        Oh sorry. No, that should NEVER happen if it is busy and people are waiting--- never.

Comment

I always thought they should have a separate line to get your picture taken not in the entry or ticket window. Or at least a line for return entry and multi day passes having already had photos taken.

Comment

It's to prevent people from selling multi day tickets and that the ticket can only be used by one person. It is also to prevent you from handing your one day ticket off to someone else to use.
            "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
              It's to prevent people from selling multi day tickets and that the ticket can only be used by one person. It is also to prevent you from handing your one day ticket off to someone else to use.
              We all understand why they do it. The issue is Disney's choice on where and how to do it. There has to be a better way.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                Why can't we have a system as easy at Tokyo Disney?
                I wish DLR was more like TDR in a lot of ways. Went to Tokyo in September and wow. Everyone said how great Disney Sea was and I knew it was going to be great but honestly had no idea it could be as good as it was. After you go it really sets a new bar for the theme park experience.
                Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                  Why can't we have a system as easy at Tokyo Disney?
                  TDL management calls the shots on their ops and guest relations, not Disney. Top to bottom, TDL has a very different mindset than TDA and TDO about the importance of customer convenience.

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                  I wish DLR was more like TDR in a lot of ways. Went to Tokyo in September and wow. Everyone said how great Disney Sea was and I knew it was going to be great but honestly had no idea it could be as good as it was. After you go it really sets a new bar for the theme park experience.
                  Yep. It's another demonstration of what WDI can do when the executives in charge -- in this case, the OLC executives at TDL -- value innovation and showmanship as well as profits.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 02-14-2018, 12:34 AM.
                  "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                  Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                  imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                  until Thor told it to me."
                  -
                  Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad View Post

We all understand why they do it. The issue is Disney's choice on where and how to do it. There has to be a better way.
                    I know this will be an unpopular opinion here but the solution us My magic plus and the magic band which ties to your finger print and is a very easy way to access the park, would also speed up the maxpass entrance to rides.
                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Some executive team who never waits in line comes up with genius plans like this.
                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      My company had a special night at the park
                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

I remember taking a picture on Main Street when my parents bought me an annual pass in 2005. The AP center had a passport-esque photobooth wall where they would walk out with a digital camera. Obviously the beancounters reclaimed that area for retail space, but it would go a long way to set up an AP center in the Esplanade, or even convert one ticketbooth to a photo room for APs and multi-day passes on their first use.

Comment

I think their should be a section for people who need their pictures, and another for those who have annual passes / already have done it.
                          KA CHOW

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

I know this will be an unpopular opinion here but the solution us My magic plus and the magic band which ties to your finger print and is a very easy way to access the park, would also speed up the maxpass entrance to rides.
                            Great point. It takes people forever to scan their fast passes with the new system.
                            KA CHOW

Comment

Like I sad all along, give us AP'ers our own gate and our own place to have our pictures taken. It's not like we want to rub up against the common folk anyways lol.
                              My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

As much as we love to bag on TDA, I will say that they have been and are constantly trying to find a better solution to the problem that appeases the media admissions and legal teams, while dealing with the fact that there's no money from Burbank to fix it. It's frustrating, yes, but you know what really slows the process down? The guests who pitch a fit about "being recorded," despite the fact that they've been recorded from the minute they stepped on property.

It's one of the least fun positions for a CM, I'll tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

Great point. It takes people forever to scan their fast passes with the new system.
                                  I know everyone hates on the magic band on this forum but i think they are amazing and super easy.

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

As a Floridian who goes to both parks, let me tell you how bad the fingerprint scan can be. Nobody seems to understand that each person has to have their own ticket, or that they have to remember which finger they used the first time. If they don't expand the entry points with the V shaped multiple touchpoint and just did a single line it would be far worse than it currently is now. Universal Orlando is the best example of that and it can be absolutely awful. Photos are obnoxious and yes they should have a dedicated re-entry only lines, and other lines where photos are taken and re-entry is also permitted if you choose.
                                    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

Shanghai Disney has the best solution for DLR, if they want to continue with the picture taking. Their handheld scanners have a built in lens on the tip facing toward the guest. The picture is taken as the ticket is scanned instantly linking them. It's not a direct photo of their face but enough to serve its purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by lnsemsf View Post

As a Floridian who goes to both parks, let me tell you how bad the fingerprint scan can be. Nobody seems to understand that each person has to have their own ticket, or that they have to remember which finger they used the first time. If they don't expand the entry points with the V shaped multiple touchpoint and just did a single line it would be far worse than it currently is now. Universal Orlando is the best example of that and it can be absolutely awful. Photos are obnoxious and yes they should have a dedicated re-entry only lines, and other lines where photos are taken and re-entry is also permitted if you choose.
                                        Easily solved by a CM that makes sure that everyone uses right index and points out that there are multiple scan points, I have used them many times and it has always been easier than the Disneyland paper ticket to me!

Comment

Working...
                                        X