Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Know When in the Summer ESPN, Rainforest, AMC etc are Closing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So DtD is barely 17 years old and is already classed some “dated” joint. I will never understand any criticism of RFC for ... the only restaurants that should go in there are heavily themed places in a THEME park resort. I’ve been to RFC in Ontario, South Coast Plaza, and of course DtD’s . I always thought the food quality was fine for what it is. If I wanted 5 star quality food..... I’d go to 5 star restaurant. I never over set my expectations with RFC. It was alright.

I find the whole decision to cram an expensive hotel in this tight location in a place barely 17 years old, ludicrous! But that’s today’s Disney though. Just when you thought The Grand Californian was expensive.... you just wait!!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-11-2018, 08:37 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

A little birdie who would know told me that western end of Downtown Disney will be walled off and begin demolition by the first week of June. The new restaurants, Black Tap and Ballast Point, won't be opening until late fall. So this June through October will be rather bleak for dining options in Downtown Disney.

But at least that will help Splitsville, which is really hurting with their overpriced TGIFridays menu, bad supermarket sushi, and 3 star Yelp review.

Comment

So ... I just had a look at a DtD map. Never heard of this “Splitsville” but I knew House of Blues was relocated. Where is ths Black Tap and Ballast Point going? So it looks to me everything to the west side of Disneyland Drive is going while all other restaurants that have been for a while will remain.

I also realised the city of Anaheim will be without a movie theater complex. Garden Walk dumped there’s. (A sad loss. They were an upscale theater). Not that Orange County has a shortage of theatres. But loosing AMC and Garden Walk’s movie complexes leave tourists in mode for a movie ... don’t have anything within walking distance. (Forget about special Disney film premieres at the DLR). Make your way all the way up to the El Capitan for that.
        Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-12-2018, 04:46 AM.
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I don't think too many people prioritize going to the movies while visiting the Disneyland Resort but for the ones that do the AMC Theater complex in Orange is a short Uber ride away.

Comment

They're closing Rainforest?!! NOOOOOO! Man, I loved that restaurant. Wait times were ridiculous but, my kids enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBrett78 View Post
              I don't see them closing Earl of Sandwich, ESPNZ or RFC until the 2 new establishments are open to the public. Which is what, August? So maybe right after Labor Day expect things to close up.

I plan on getting RFC for bfast one more time and dinner one last time - I am going to miss the Volcaaaaanoooo! LOL I never really liked the food much, but the atmosphere was awesome in there.
              Same here. Food was a B- at best. The kids loved it so, we loved it. When I'm at DLR, food is just fuel to me. I couldn't care less about having high quality, five star food. Just whatever's passable.

Comment

Hey Micechatters .... question- what was the name of that failed “Discovery Zone”/something business that started off in WDW’s DtD ... was slated for this DtD right where House of Blues was. I’d like to know ... does this new revamp include that pad that was never built out.
                MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Finally I remembered- DisneyQuest.

again .... I’m assuming Disney is going to address the empty pad where DisneyQuest was supposed to go.
                  MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Disney Quest was cool. They had a VR PotC that was a blast and RC cars with cameras on them and you drove through a maze. It was a good waste of time.
                    My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Two weeks ago someone at Earls said they were told in August they may be closing. And that they will have a shop within the new hotel is what he said when I mentioned I'd really miss that Holiday Turkey sandwich. Some good news at least. Will really miss that beautiful Rainforest Cafe though. I bet they build another nearby, if not with the new hotel somewhere.

Comment

Rainforest Cafe is closing for good around June. I went there last month to get a souvenir cup and that's been the information they've been giving their employees.

Comment

ESPN employees have been told they aren't closing until August or September. I guess come June we'll see what actually happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TragicMike View Post
                            Rainforest Cafe is closing for good.
                            Rather odd if it’s been profitable and popular with families .... as the DLR is a “family” destination.

That leaves only the Ontario location for all of Southern CA. Surprised when South Coast Plaza’s was shuttered. Even more surprised to find the future renovated DtD to RFC/less.
                            MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                              So ... I just had a look at a DtD map. Never heard of this “Splitsville” but I knew House of Blues was relocated. Where is the Black Tap and Ballast Point going? So it looks to me everything to the west side of Disneyland Drive is going while all other restaurants that have been for a while will remain.
                              Where Build a bear was located.

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Where Build a bear was located.
                                Thank you 🙂
                                MY SIGNATURE:

Comment

This is just speculation/rumorish...

I just heard from an Earl of Sandwhich employee that they're supposed to be closing their location sometime in September and should be moved to another temporary location (a much smaller one) afterwards until the new hotel opens in 2021 since the owner has plans with Disney to be there. That is just what he says he has heard up until now, it may not happen at all, but we'll see. I just finally ate there yesterday and it's pretty good, so I would like to see them come back for sure.

Comment

RFC has a cool theme,, but the food quality compared to the price is insane.
                                    "Have I gone mad?"
                                    "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Working...
                                    X