Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of Disneyland are you irrationally attached to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What part of Disneyland are you irrationally attached to?

    I know, very little about my love of Disneyland is rational. But there are some things at the park that just make no real sense as to why I like them so much.

    The first thing that came to mind for me was "Permenecer sentados, por favor."

    For the life of me, I don't know why this is so important to me. I know that some day I'm not going to hear Jack Wagner's spanish and I'm going to be really bummed.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
    I know, very little about my love of Disneyland is rational. But there are some things at the park that just make no real sense as to why I like them so much.

    The first thing that came to mind for me was "Permenecer sentados, por favor."

    For the life of me, I don't know why this is so important to me. I know that some day I'm not going to hear Jack Wagner's spanish and I'm going to be really bummed.


    I have that line as the ringtone for when my wife calls!
    L + L = R

    Comment


    • #3
      I get a big kick out of when they say 'Bilge Rats' on Pirates. It always makes me laugh........I don't know why, it's just funny.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by micromind View Post
        I get a big kick out of when they say 'Bilge Rats' on Pirates. It always makes me laugh........I don't know why, it's just funny.
        "O"NO_______'Bilge Rats' BBQ ... lol
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

        Comment


        • #5
          The pop-up ghosts in the Haunted Mansion graveyard.

          The raven at the exit of Snow White's Scary Adventures.

          King Richard on the King Arthur Carrousel.

          "Steamboat Willie" in the Main Street Cinema.

          The infinity mirror effect on the second floor of the Mark Twain Steamboat.

          Fortune Red in New Orleans Square.

          Comment


          • #6

            (Always like to hearing) " " ALL BOARD " " from the Disneyland Railroad Station's
            for that Grand Trip around Walt Disney Magic Kingdom !
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

            Comment


            • #7
              DH and I chuckle every single time when riding the tram in and they talk about multi-day tickets and annual passes being an especially good value. It just tickles the funny bone because we have annual passes and have dropped so darn much money in the parks that our head swims.

              But most irrationally attached to is the Snow White ride because it was THE ride for my sister and I, and back in the day the apple was legendary for being ripped off. That ride always reminds me of family...most of whom will never be in the parks again except in spirit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pips View Post
                DH and I chuckle every single time when riding the tram in and they talk about multi-day tickets and annual passes being an especially good value. It just tickles the funny bone because we have annual passes and have dropped so darn much money in the parks that our head swims.
                When you hear Disney and they telling you something a Good Value = WATCH OUT(( ))
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Snow White's Scary Adventures
                  The Queen changes into Scary Old Hag - it mines me, of my Mom.
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The chanting tikis!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yikes! I have so many irrational attachments to things in Disneyland. Which do I choose?

                      Besides everything that has already been mentioned, I absolutely love seeing the drawbridge mechanisms as I walk through Sleeping Beauty Castle. It's just so cool, especially knowing that it is functional. I think it may be because it reminds me of the gears in the evil magician's cave that control the chain that holds the dragon in the film "7th Voyage of Sinbad". It's a favorite movie of mine. Ray Harryhausen's effects & animation in that film inspired me to become a VFX artist and animator. As a kid I would pass by those gears and chains in Sleeping Beauty Castle and imagine they wear used to release or restrain a dragon in a dungeon.

                      My runner-up would have to be the crab in Dead Man's cove in Pirates of the Caribbean. They have made many changes to PotC over the years, but if Disney ever removes that animatronic crab I think I would stop going on the ride.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tarzans/Swiss family treehouse. Its exhausting going up it 6000 times in a row while the other half was on indiana Jones but the thing is like a dream come true for my daughter and probably will be for my son when we return in september. We have always lived in single story houses and stairs are a novalty for them hahaha.

                        And Rocket to the moon, although not the attraction but as it stood just letting off steam occasionally. When my daughter was 2 we sat near it to take a break and she was so excited by it, no idea why haha! So its a very fond memory. I framed the attraction poster at home!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                          Snow White's Scary Adventures
                          The Queen changes into Scary Old Hag - it mines me, of my Mom.
                          Oh, no!!! LOL

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                            (Always like to hearing) " " ALL BOARD " " from the Disneyland Railroad Station's
                            for that Grand Trip around Walt Disney Magic Kingdom !
                            YES!


                            -Harold the Yeti is an odd one. The odd thing about it, was that I wasn't scared much about the yeti himself, but when he would POP out at you. Granted I later memorized where his locations are, but yet I (no pun intended) am fond of hearing his yell from over in Tomorrowland.

                            -This applies to other hotels in general, but when I have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Paradise Pier Hotel, there is always that moment when you enter your room and there is peaceful silence in the room and immediately going to window and looking out on the view.

                            The return hand stamps. It was very cool to see the stamp glow during some of the rides(like Alice in Wonderland) from the black light used in the ride.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I love this idea for a thread. There are lots of them for me.

                              The fanfare of music when you first see the Grand Canyon on the Railroad.

                              The steam whistle heard on the west side of the park.

                              The Morse Code heard at the New Orleans Square train station.

                              Hearing "When You Wish Upon a Star," while walking through the castle.

                              (I just realized how many of these are sounds!)

                              Walt's light in the window of the fire station on Main Street.

                              Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

                              The spaceship in the launch bay of Space Mountain

                              The Tomb Sweet Tomb picture in Haunted Mansion

                              The gargoyle candle holders in the stretching room of Haunted Mansion

                              The old man sitting by the shack in the bayou scene of Pirates of the Caribbean, as the banjo softly plays.


                              So many more!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

                              No matter where you go, there you are.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Walt's Lamp, This actually makes me emotional, the story behind why the lamp is always lit just makes me feel like Walt is always with us and I say goodnight to Walt and thank him for his park every time we leave. My kids have joined me now on this and it really hits me right in the heart, especially when a little 3 year old boy without prompting says goodnight Walt I love you.
                                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                                  Walt's Lamp, This actually makes me emotional, the story behind why the lamp is always lit just makes me feel like Walt is always with us and I say goodnight to Walt and thank him for his park every time we leave. My kids have joined me now on this and it really hits me right in the heart, especially when a little 3 year old boy without prompting says goodnight Walt I love you.
                                  Whatever, I'm not crying. You're crying.

                                  Nah, I'm just cutting onions....yeah. that's it.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

                                    Whatever, I'm not crying. You're crying.

                                    Nah, I'm just cutting onions....yeah. that's it.
                                    Those dang onions get me every time.
                                    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                      (I just realized how many of these are sounds!)
                                      It's funny that you mention that because I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I was listening to some ride audio.

                                      Some of my favorites include:

                                      1. Railroad whistle
                                      2. Monorail Horn
                                      3. Mark Twain steam whistle
                                      4. Jungle Cruise elephant trumpet
                                      5. Main Street horse hoof clacking
                                      Last edited by Co Foo; 03-14-2018, 11:01 AM.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        For me, I'm irrationally attached to the sounds of Main Street that I first hear when walking through the tunnels. Chief among them is the distinct sound of the Disneyland trash can lids closing and the blanks being fired from the Jungle Cruise that you can hear in the Town Square. If those sounds ever go away, Disneyland just won't be the same to me.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X