Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

To MaxPass AND not to MaxPass, that is my question!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] To MaxPass AND not to MaxPass, that is my question!

So, BFF and I are meeting at DL next month. She's going as a school chaperone, I'm visiting relatives. 99% chances are we will both have MP, but how would it work if she didn't have it? At this point she hasn't been able to get a definitive answer as to whether or not her 'school tickets' can have MP attached to them. I'll have a few hours on my own before she and her students arrive and I figured MP would be worth it to me to knock out a few attractions before they get there and when she has to attend an awards ceremony in the evening.

I know that she can't get MPs, but will I be able to pull 'regular' paper FPs when I'm with her or am I limited to requesting MPs only?

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

The FastPass/Maxpass system is one system. Maxpass just gives you the benefit of reserving the pass without having to physically go to the machines and pull paper passes. The amount of time before you can get another pass, return times, and just about any other rule is equivalent. In fact, if your park ticket is connected to the app, regardless if you have paid for Maxpass or not your reservations will still show up on the app if you pull a paper ticket and you can still use the barcode on the phone either way as well.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess your friend's ticket will be a normal park ticket or one that works as a normal ticket, or else she wouldn't be able to use Fastpass at all. In other words, if you can't get paper fastpasses with your park ticket, you probably can't do Maxpass either.

If you're leaning toward getting Maxpass anyway for when you are alone, I'd say go for it. Then when you meet up with your friend you can find out the type of ticket she will have and either purchase Maxpass for her ticket on your account, or she can do it herself on hers (if she has an account). If you know you guys will be riding everything together, just purchase her Maxpass on your account cause it makes reserving them so much easier.

That's just my 2 cents though.

Comment

Thank you, but I'm familiar with the use of MP. And we're hoping her ticket can accommodate it.

I'm just hoping that IF she doesn't have MP that I'll be able to pull 'regular' paper FPs alongside her.
      "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy View Post
        Thank you, but I'm familiar with the use of MP. And we're hoping her ticket can accommodate it.

I'm just hoping that IF she doesn't have MP that I'll be able to pull 'regular' paper FPs alongside her.
        Both you and your friend will still be able to get paper fastpasses for no extra charge, but they are just paper slips with reminder times. When it comes time to ride, both MaxPass and your regular Fastpass reservation will appear in the app attached to your ticket. All you need to do is scan your ticket into the app once you're in the park, and show the ticket barcodes on your phone. If she doesn't add the ticket to the app, the Fastpass return times are still saved on Disney's internal network, so she just needs to scan the paper barcode of her ticket to redeem a Fastpass.

I'm also fairly certain your friend will be able to add MaxPass to her ticket. All school groups are guaranteed to get paper tickets, so just be sure she scans it into the app and adds MaxPass once she's in the park.

I'm sure marklodi could answer any other questions not covered in his general post on MaxPass in this thread.

Comment

"Both you and your friend will still be able to get paper fastpasses for no extra charge,"

Thanks! This is what I was looking for.

"I'm also fairly certain your friend will be able to add MaxPass to her ticket"

Here's hoping! I've been telling her to be sure she's got the app set up with a payment method.

Our next hurdle will be linking the tickets! HA!

Comment

Linking tickets should be a piece of cake - just scan or enter the number into one of the apps (or both of them - you can do that too), and you'll have created a FastPass Party. You can do that even without MaxPass. Any reservations you make at a kiosk will still show up in the app. MaxPass just lets you make the reservations via the app without needing to visit a physical kiosk.

And I agree with Alec that as long as they are regular tickets - and they most likely are - you can add MaxPass to it once it's in the app.

As Alec mentions (thank you sir!), any other questions, just let me know or post here or in the MaxPass thread stickied on the main page.

Have a great time!

Comment

Working...
            X