Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Please review MiceChat's updated Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Links are provided at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Disneyland Files Permit to Renovate Upper Level of Starcade at Space Mountain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Files Permit to Renovate Upper Level of Starcade at Space Mountain

https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/breaking-d...pace-mountain/

Permit Description:
    Disney - Space Mountain, Backstage - Tenant Improvement: Renovate 5000 sq. ft. existing interior space to a conditioned queue area. Reconfigure exiting queue on roof deck. Associated electrical and finish modifications
    Last edited by 1LE McQueen; 04-16-2018, 03:50 PM.
    KA CHOW

Let's see...since they bought 20th Century Fox, I'm guessing an Aliens encounter where the guests get hit in the face with acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
      Let's see...since they bought 20th Century Fox, I'm guessing an Aliens encounter where the guests get hit in the face with acid.
      Sorry, I should've clarified. Here's the permit http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tm...=BLD2018-01545

It's for a themed queue space.
      KA CHOW

Comment

This 5,000 sq ft area will become indoor air-conditioned queue space for the attraction, and the existing roof deck queue will be modified to feed into the indoor area.
        Thank you, Jebus! It got a bit odiferous there in the summer months, not to mention plain old uncomfortable and hot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1LE McQueen View Post

Sorry, I should've clarified. Here's the permit http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tm...=BLD2018-01545

It's for a themed queue space.
          About time. That place needs some much needed "eye candy"

Comment

If they do something cool with the queue it might induce me to actually wait in the standby line.

I don't think I've waited standby for Space Mountain since I was there with a girl on a date in 2007, but that is another story...

Comment

An indoor Queue for Space Mountain that is themed will be such a welcome addition.
              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

The possibilities of this work is endless. I hope this change, combined with the new stairwell added to the Space Mountain area, means moving the queue away from the Magic Eye Theatre permanently. Maybe that will free up Disney to finally do something with that section of Tomorrowland (including Pizza Port and Innoventions).

I've actually heard a rumor that the PeopleMover tracks are finally being budgeted to be torn down. Who knows if there's any more truth to it this time vs. all the other times, but it looks like Tomorrowland will see some sprucing up in the coming months.

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
                I don't think I've waited standby for Space Mountain since I was there with a girl on a date in 2007, but that is another story...
                Literally the exact same is true, except that year is 2010 for me, haha.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0282.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	8553405

There's this indoor extended queue for Star Tours that I remember going through a couple years ago that's just to the left of the main entrance. Like Co Foo I rarely use standby on major attractions anymore. I think this version was remodeled when the attraction was converted to The Adventure Continues, but regardless it's not the most interesting theming, but serves the purpose of an air-conditioned room that's better than standing out in the sun. I'd guess the new Space Mountain room will be similar.

I wonder what the path to the room will be. Fastpass will probably still break off at the top of the ramp and go directly into the building, but I wonder if standby will stay along the inner shaded path (if that's even possible) or still wrap around the outer edge of the patio under more shaded structures.

Comment

Since the chances of an actual arcade returning are slim to none I think this could be a good move. I would love it if you simply entered through the left of the "StarWars Emporium" downstairs and the queue spiraled around the outside of the room up to the second level. FP could use the existing escalator. They could put the Signage over on the right side. Exit could stay as is and leaving most of the balcony and left ramp area for other purposes. Still a shame they no longer line up inside the space station halls anymore.
                    Last edited by Starcade; 04-23-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Maybe with this change, Disneyland could implement the "Promising Tomorrows" and "Star Tunnel" Music that Walt Disney World's Space Mountain uses.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                        The possibilities of this work is endless...
                        I've actually heard a rumor that the PeopleMover tracks are finally being budgeted to be torn down...
                        I still think there may be a future life for the PeopleMover. Totally speculation on my part, but I've got a few reasons (and a couple of interesting photos) to think that it will be the transport as the way into SWGE.

And, if what I suspect is true, then yes, parts of the PM track are going to have to come down. It will be interesting to see what sections of the track get removed first.

As well as it will probably be needing a new que.

Space Mountain does not need 5,000 square feet of que to fit the amount of people that is normal for the standby line.

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                          Maybe with this change, Disneyland could implement the "Promising Tomorrows" and "Star Tunnel" Music that Walt Disney World's Space Mountain uses.
                          Would love the Star Tunnel music to come to Disneyland. Maybe too much to ask, but hoping that they do an Interactive queue like WDW in this space. Heck, just put the old arcade machines back and make the Starcade an interactive queue for Space Mountain with the Star Tunnel music...best of both worlds....
                          "Hello folks, welcome aboard the Disneyland Railroad..."
                          "The Gods have been angered by all the celebratin'..."

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
                            Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post

Would love the Star Tunnel music to come to Disneyland. Maybe too much to ask, but hoping that they do an Interactive queue like WDW in this space. Heck, just put the old arcade machines back and make the Starcade an interactive queue for Space Mountain with the Star Tunnel music...best of both worlds....
                            DLHMFAN
                            TFN5459

I like the star tunnel music but I hope they keep the general feel, sights and sounds that are currently there. I love the radio chatter as soon as you enter the dome, and the on-board soundtrack. I really hope these never change.
                            KA CHOW

Comment

I like the star tunnel music but I hope they keep the general feel, sights and sounds that are currently there. I love the radio chatter as soon as you enter the dome, and the on-board soundtrack. I really hope these never change.
                              The original Space Mountain radio chatter and ambient sounds should be the template for Tomorrowland. It gives the perfect feeling of spooky mystery that are perfect for the theme. Enough of the punny kitschy stuff.
                              Last edited by Co Foo; 04-18-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

a welcome addition!!!
                                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                My company had a special night at the park
                                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                NYE 2011 trip report
                                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                Leap year 24 hour report
                                New DCA trip report
                                NYE 2012
                                HKDL trip report

Comment

This is good news for those that ride stand-by. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

DLHMFAN
                                    TFN5459

Unfortunately the sights and sounds of Space Mountain will change next month when Hyperspace Mountain returns. How long this time? At least until September and after that, who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by TFN5459 View Post

Maybe add a tribute to the Dick Dale Space Mountain version soundtrack somewhere in the new queue.

Comment

Well ,I never really like the Arcade in Tomorrowland....

So I for space being use Space Mountain-extended queue
                                        bring on Star Tunnel music
                                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                                        X