No announcement yet.

Disneyland Files Permit to Renovate Upper Level of Starcade at Space Mountain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Wiggins, they'd never put a Churro cart in a line cue, but you may be on to something. I will be offering my business acumen here and predict a new luxury to monetize. We now have Maxpass and if Disney takes up my new idea, we'll also have Coolpass... That's right, for just an extra $40 per day or an additional $200 to AP's, you can experience the convenience of queuing up for that favorite attraction in our all new an air-conditioned que in select attractions. The regular lines will be rerouted into full sun locations of course, and $5 bottles of water will be available in those lines from roving vendors.

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post
      Mr. Wiggins, they'd never put a Churro cart in a line cue, but you may be on to something. I will be offering my business acumen here and predict a new luxury to monetize. We now have Maxpass and if Disney takes up my new idea, we'll also have Coolpass... That's right, for just an extra $40 per day or an additional $200 to AP's, you can experience the convenience of queuing up for that favorite attraction in our all new an air-conditioned que in select attractions. The regular lines will be rerouted into full sun locations of course, and $5 bottles of water will be available in those lines from roving vendors.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	for-the-win.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	8554329

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Figment56 View Post
        Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give them ideas!
        DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
        DW Trips: '08
        International parks: Some day...

Comment

In case you didn't know, Hyperspace Mountain returns to Disneyland's Space Mountain this Friday. So enjoy the classic version while you can.

Comment

Is there any updates on this?

Question: There is/was a blue construction wall, toward the back outside wall of the Starcade. On the patio, near a doorway. What is this?
            Last edited by mondo; 07-17-2018, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mondo View Post
              Is there any updates on this?

Question: There is/was a blue construction wall, toward the back outside wall of the Starcade. On the patio, near a doorway. What is this?
              I don't know about the wall, but these permits came out on July 12th:

BLD2018-02986 Electrical to reference Tenant Improvement permit BLD2018-00997 - Disney / Tomorrowland - Operation Office TI. (BLD2018-00997 is Disney - Tomorrowland / Operation Office TI - Non Residential Addition: Starcade floor (previously escalator/speed ramp) to be infilled to extend 2nd floor area 160 s.ft. Construct two exit openings to lead to new exit stairs. Tenant Improvement: 1,375 s.ft modifications to existing operations office to include new ceiling, drywall, and electrical, mechanical.)

BLD2018-02987 Electrical to reference Tenant Improvement permit BLD2018-01545 for Disney - Space Mountain, Backstage (BLD2018-01545 is Disney - Space Mountain, Backstage - Tenant Improvement: Renovate 5000 sq. ft. existing interior space to a conditioned queue area. Reconfigure exiting queue on roof deck. Associated electrical and finish modifications)

courtesy of SSG from WDWMagic Forums
              Keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs, inside the vehicle at all times.

Comment

Starcade floor (previously escalator/speed ramp) to be infilled to extend 2nd floor area 160 s.ft. Construct two exit openings to lead to new exit stairs.
                I was thinking they could have a ramp to replace the escalator. I'm hoping they move the entrance for Space Mt line to the Starcade, so the area/ old Space Place can be used for something else, not for Space Mt.

Will the stairs be use for the queue? What other attractions use stairs for their queues?

Comment

I was thinking they could have a ramp to replace the escalator. I'm hoping they move the entrance for Space Mt line to the Starcade, so the area/ old Space Place can be used for something else, not for Space Mt.

Will the stairs be use for the queue? What other attractions use stairs for their queues?
                  It sounds more like they will knock out the escalators, and fill in the space with ceiling for 1st/flooring for 2nd. Or in another words, the stairwell would be removed, which would give them a better layout for the queue.

The added stairs, sound more like Evac stairs, that are likely required for fire code.

Comment

Autopia, Splash Mtn. and Jungle Cruise have stairs in their queues, many others traverse multi floors but those use ramps such as Space Mtn., POTC, IASW, Star Tours etc.

Comment

Offhand, I've bought frozen ice creams from mobile cast members selling within the Mission Breakout queue lines several times.

Comment

I am glad to see that Space Mountain is going to receive an indoor queue. Hopefully they utilize the Star Tunnel from SM at WDW. While I have not waited standby on SM in a long time, it will be nice for those who are not using Fastpass. Hopefully they find a way to integrate a new PeopleMover into the indoor queue!
                        Restore the PeopleMover!

Comment

Indoor Queue for Space Mountain that is themed will be such a welcome addition.
                          bring on Star Tunnel music
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Re-reading the permit descriptions and the web page, there is nothing on a new ramp. Meaning the entrance will more likely to stay the same and the 1st floor of the Starcade won't be part of the new queue. I was hoping they would move the entrance so they could take out the building of Pizza Port and Launch Bay for some thing like Tron Light Cycle.

Comment

Re-reading the permit descriptions and the web page, there is nothing on a new ramp. Meaning the entrance will more likely to stay the same and the 1st floor of the Starcade won't be part of the new queue. I was hoping they would move the entrance so they could take out the building of Pizza Port and Launch Bay for some thing like Tron Light Cycle.
                              I was hoping for the same Especially after Pixar Fest, I'm tired of seeing that ugly banner on the sign. What worries me about this queue project though, does that mean we won't see a full Tomorrowland revamp for even longer than we thought?

Comment

FYI they removed the previous speedramp/escalator in feb of 2017, when they opened it for an AP Days event the speed ramp was gone. the permit says fill in, im assuming the big opening left by the speed ramp.
                                Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

I took some photos for my article for 3-Monday's ago article. They did not make them in. We can see through the glass and see themed lights and lots of blue lighting
                                  Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                                  http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyC View Post

FYI they removed the previous speedramp/escalator in feb of 2017, when they opened it for an AP Days event the speed ramp was gone. the permit says fill in, im assuming the big opening left by the speed ramp.
                                    I just found out about the escalator several days ago. I was a bit surprised. I think the fill in is for that spot. But is it a complete fill in? No ramp or stairs? Like Space Mt will get the second floor only and the first floor is for something else? Star Trader?

Comment

I just found out about the escalator several days ago. I was a bit surprised. I think the fill in is for that spot. But is it a complete fill in? No ramp or stairs? Like Space Mt will get the second floor only and the first floor is for something else? Star Trader?
                                      My guess is that the 2nd floor becomes the overflow queue for Space Mountain while the 1st floor becomes a "fill-in" room for events( like Character Meet&Greets, or AP Events). As I previously mention, I think the new stairway will likely be an Emergency/Cast Member stairway, so they meet the fire code.

Comment

FYI, the second indoor floor queue is now open, they just fixed the wall where the escalator used to be.

HERE is a video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/...reddit-android
                                        Check Out my Instagram - http://instagram.com/bradinsocal

Comment

Originally posted by BradleyC View Post
                                          FYI, the second indoor floor queue is now open, they just fixed the wall where the escalator used to be.

HERE is a video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/...reddit-android

It's pretty simple, but, gets the job done without being gaudy or stuffed with characters.
                                          "Have I gone mad?"
                                          "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Working...
                                          X