No announcement yet.

Disneyland Files Permit to Renovate Upper Level of Starcade at Space Mountain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dig it. And look - not an ODV or other form of monetizing opportunity in sight.

Comment

Simple, yet elegant. Love the satellite model and displays.
      Disney visits over the years:
      • Disneyland, December 2000 (plus Legoland)
      • Disneyland, Summer 2003 (plus Legoland, SeaWorld, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Model Railroad Museum, and Knott's Berry Farm)
      • Disneyland, December 26, 2004-January 2, 2005 (mom's 40th birthday at Plaza Inn; New Year's at Disneyland)
      • Disneyland, July 2005 (Pre-Disney Cruise visit)
      • Walt Disney World, December 15-25, 2006 (plus Kennedy Space Center)
      • Disneyland, August 2007
      • Disneyland, July 1-4, 2009
      • Disneyland, July 2011 (plus Universal Studios)
      • Disneyland, November 2011 (dad's 50th birthday)
      • Disneyland, June 2013
      • Walt Disney World, July-August 2013 (plus Universal CityWalk)
      • Disneyland, June 7-8 2014
      • Disneyland, December 27-31 2014 (mom's 50th birthday; my tenth visit)
      • Disneyland, Summer 2015 (plus Universal Studios)

Comment

Surprised to see this.
        This area had been off limits to the general public since 1999 ... and is reopened as queue space.

It's proof to me any big renovation to the entire land is years off. (What a surprise!!) .. and they are spending money on minor projects .... even if they get the bulldozer later down the line.
        Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-23-2018, 12:42 AM.
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I saw the new indoor queue yesterday, and it looks pretty nice. I like the streamlined and elegant look look. The look actually reminds me of the original, pre ‘98 Tomorrowland. I hope that they continue this look with the rest of Tomorrowland.
          Restore the PeopleMover!

Comment

Space Mountain ‘s queue - no Shade is a long-lasting complaint waiting in line on attractions .........
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I think the new addition is nice. Adds another spot to cool down while waiting in line. Looks good!

Comment

Attached Files
                Last edited by brianpinsky; 07-23-2018, 01:39 PM.
                Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
                http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Will those people who are wrong about how Disney management would NEVER spend the money to create the new Space Mountain indoor queue without an immediate plan to monetizing it, admit that they were flat wrong since there is now proof of that fact? Will they concede that Disney does spend money (not necessarily as frequently as they should) just to make areas of Disneyland nicer for guests? I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.
                  Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

God, I hate to sound negative but its better than nothing but does it feel like an E ticket Q?

Its nicer than the outside, but is it hard to have like TV screens you look out on into space and see stars and see meteors and what not.
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Great start let's get the rest if the queue covered!!
                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      My company had a special night at the park
                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Slightly off topic, but I rode Space twice last Tuesday and the smell from the bathrooms at the exit point was unbelievable. It was like you got off a space ship and landed on a hot garbage planet.

Comment

brianpinsky- with your pictures....do have to say
                          indoor queue area-Space Mountain - does look nice and clean.......love looking out window of space.......
                          thanks
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

It's adequate. It could be better but it's not bad.
                            This Space For Rent

Comment

Queue is awesome I really love the look of it too. Glad to see them making improvements to the park. Between this, Small World, Adventureland Strollers, and the Alladin's Oasis change I am really happy someone in the park is making these changes.

Comment

Bring back the surf music from the 90's, I loved that soundtrack, especially the buildup from leaving the station to the first drop, that will always be what I remember most from Space Mountain, that and the awesome line where there were tvs showing intergalactic tv and walking by a window that looked in on the ride.

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
                                Let's see...since they bought 20th Century Fox, I'm guessing an Aliens encounter where the guests get hit in the face with acid.
                                I'd be completely fine with that. I HATE that Florida got Alien Encounter first, which is ultimately what lead to it never making it over here. I'd kill to get a chance to experience that.

As for what this is actually about, while I wish we could get the Starcade back, dropping that horrible wait in the sun for one in a building with ac is fine by me.

Comment

From the videos I've seen of the new Space Mountain Queue, it looks cool. It's too bad Promising Tomorrows and Star Tunnel Music weren't included.

Comment

Working...
                                  X