No announcement yet.

Disneyland Files Permit to Renovate Upper Level of Starcade at Space Mountain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Files Permit to Renovate Upper Level of Starcade at Space Mountain

https:///2018/04/breaking-d...pace-mountain/

Permit Description:
    Disney - Space Mountain, Backstage - Tenant Improvement: Renovate 5000 sq. ft. existing interior space to a conditioned queue area. Reconfigure exiting queue on roof deck. Associated electrical and finish modifications
    Last edited by 1LE McQueen; 04-16-2018, 04:50 PM.

• DLHMFAN
    replied
    From the videos I've seen of the new Space Mountain Queue, it looks cool. It's too bad Promising Tomorrows and Star Tunnel Music weren't included.

Leave a comment:

• NGW
    replied
    Bring back the surf music from the 90's, I loved that soundtrack, especially the buildup from leaving the station to the first drop, that will always be what I remember most from Space Mountain, that and the awesome line where there were tvs showing intergalactic tv and walking by a window that looked in on the ride.

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
    Let's see...since they bought 20th Century Fox, I'm guessing an Aliens encounter where the guests get hit in the face with acid.
    I'd be completely fine with that. I HATE that Florida got Alien Encounter first, which is ultimately what lead to it never making it over here. I'd kill to get a chance to experience that.

As for what this is actually about, while I wish we could get the Starcade back, dropping that horrible wait in the sun for one in a building with ac is fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• Nesboy43
    replied
    Queue is awesome I really love the look of it too. Glad to see them making improvements to the park. Between this, Small World, Adventureland Strollers, and the Alladin's Oasis change I am really happy someone in the park is making these changes.

Leave a comment:

• Kram Sacul
    replied
    It's adequate. It could be better but it's not bad.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    brianpinsky- with your pictures....do have to say
    indoor queue area-Space Mountain - does look nice and clean.......love looking out window of space.......
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• monster heck
    replied
    Slightly off topic, but I rode Space twice last Tuesday and the smell from the bathrooms at the exit point was unbelievable. It was like you got off a space ship and landed on a hot garbage planet.

Leave a comment:

• biggsworth
    replied
    Great start let's get the rest if the queue covered!!

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied
    God, I hate to sound negative but its better than nothing but does it feel like an E ticket Q?

Its nicer than the outside, but is it hard to have like TV screens you look out on into space and see stars and see meteors and what not.

Leave a comment:

• BiggestDisneyFan
    replied
    Will those people who are wrong about how Disney management would NEVER spend the money to create the new Space Mountain indoor queue without an immediate plan to monetizing it, admit that they were flat wrong since there is now proof of that fact? Will they concede that Disney does spend money (not necessarily as frequently as they should) just to make areas of Disneyland nicer for guests? I'm not holding my breath in anticipation.

Leave a comment:

• brianpinsky
    replied
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brianpinsky; 07-23-2018, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Theme Park Obsession
    replied
    I think the new addition is nice. Adds another spot to cool down while waiting in line. Looks good!

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Space Mountain ‘s queue - no Shade is a long-lasting complaint waiting in line on attractions .........

Leave a comment:

• TheEmporium
    replied
    I saw the new indoor queue yesterday, and it looks pretty nice. I like the streamlined and elegant look look. The look actually reminds me of the original, pre ‘98 Tomorrowland. I hope that they continue this look with the rest of Tomorrowland.

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied
    Surprised to see this.
    This area had been off limits to the general public since 1999 ... and is reopened as queue space.

It's proof to me any big renovation to the entire land is years off. (What a surprise!!) .. and they are spending money on minor projects .... even if they get the bulldozer later down the line.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-23-2018, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BNSF1995
    replied
    Simple, yet elegant. Love the satellite model and displays.

Leave a comment:

• denyuntilcaught
    replied
    I dig it. And look - not an ODV or other form of monetizing opportunity in sight.

Leave a comment:

• DisneySpaceAce
    replied
    Originally posted by BradleyC View Post
    FYI, the second indoor floor queue is now open, they just fixed the wall where the escalator used to be.

HERE is a video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/...reddit-android

It's pretty simple, but, gets the job done without being gaudy or stuffed with characters.

Leave a comment:

• BradleyC
    replied
    FYI, the second indoor floor queue is now open, they just fixed the wall where the escalator used to be.

HERE is a video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/...reddit-android

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Originally posted by mondo View Post

I just found out about the escalator several days ago. I was a bit surprised. I think the fill in is for that spot. But is it a complete fill in? No ramp or stairs? Like Space Mt will get the second floor only and the first floor is for something else? Star Trader?
    My guess is that the 2nd floor becomes the overflow queue for Space Mountain while the 1st floor becomes a "fill-in" room for events( like Character Meet&Greets, or AP Events). As I previously mention, I think the new stairway will likely be an Emergency/Cast Member stairway, so they meet the fire code.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X