• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. P
    started a topic Trip Report Take-aways from my trip on 4/15

Take-aways from my trip on 4/15

Sorry folks no pictures to share...

The family and I made our last trek to the happiest place on earth last Sunday for quite sometime. We've decided to not renew our passes (2 sig and 3 deluxe) not only due to cost but because there are other things we want to do over the next year and Disneyland doesn't fall into those plans. Our main goals were to enjoy our favorite rides, soak up some atmosphere and enjoy some treats. All of which we were successful with. But here are some take-aways from our visit for better or worse.

Crowds: It seems that we planned well. We arrived about 9am or so and DL wasn't that crowded. The longest we waited for a ride was 30 for PPF and we didn't run into much foot traffic throughout the day. It was a pleasant surprise!

Pixar Fest: I was disappointed! Other than some signage and seeing Pixar characters around the parks more we really didn't notice anything different. Even the Pixar Play Parade seemed to be the exact same as it was at DCA. There was a lot of new merch and we saw some really cool new shirts being worn around he parks but that was it. Oh! Pizza Planet, cannot forget the ugliest signage at Pizza Planet. I know it's supposed to be fun and look like aliens took over Pizza Port but seriously, the whole thing is just lazy! I can't even say Pixar Fest was poorly executed, it looks like it wasn't executed at all.

Break Downs: BTMRR and HM both seemed to have issues through the day. None were major but they were down more often than I remember seeing in a long time. The positive is that the maintenance crews were on point and neither attractions were down for long periods of time.

CMs: We spoke to a lot of CMs and all but one were fantastic. One CM (at PPF) and I got into a FL based pun contest while in line. Another CM (Kiosk across from BTMRR) and I spoke in only cliche's. However one CM (MH) was not in a playful or magical mood and was rude enough to the point that other nearby guests were commenting on it when I tried to have a playful conversation with her.

The Clapper: I finally got to see Peter "The Clapper" and clapped in line with him at PPF. As far as I'm concerned he's a DL legend.

Overall it was a fantastic trip willed with great moments and memories.

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. P View Post
    Sorry folks no pictures to share...

The family and I made our last trek to the happiest place on earth last Sunday for quite sometime. We've decided to not renew our passes (2 sig and 3 deluxe) not only due to cost but because there are other things we want to do over the next year and Disneyland doesn't fall into those plans. Our main goals were to enjoy our favorite rides, soak up some atmosphere and enjoy some treats. All of which we were successful with. But here are some take-aways from our visit for better or worse.
    Glad You and Family went....and made it the best one can.....
    Remember there more to LIFE than Disney .......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X