X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ttgal4
    started a topic Dark Ride Photography Rules

Dark Ride Photography Rules

As long as you’re not using a flash, is one permitted to take pictures on rides like Pirates or Peter Pan? Thanks in advance.

• Ttgal4
    replied
    In my case I was asking because I created a Scavenger Hunt for today and most of my clues involve taking pictures.

On a ride opened in ‘67
    Online there is great sorrow
    Take a picture of the scene
    That will be gone as of tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Omnitographer
    replied
    Originally posted by mtlchuck View Post
    No Flash pictures are allowed- however, photographing or recording anything with a huge iPad screen causing glare to everyone is also annoying, even if the device has no flash.

I seriously don't understand taking ride pictures or footage. All is available in crips definition on YouTube. Just sit down and enjoy!
    Someone has to take that photo and video, and as technology advances you get better and better quality captures. As long as they don't disrupt the experience for other guests i don't mind anyone else capturing photo or video.

Leave a comment:

• mtlchuck
    replied
    No Flash pictures are allowed- however, photographing or recording anything with a huge iPad screen causing glare to everyone is also annoying, even if the device has no flash.

I seriously don't understand taking ride pictures or footage. All is available in crips definition on YouTube. Just sit down and enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    I for one do not like self center-people
    who do not give a darn , about others around them.....being annoying !
    ))))))F LASH ((((((((())))))))))

Leave a comment:

• Ttgal4
    replied
    Originally posted by PirateLover View Post

Yes, You can turn down the brightness of your phone screen (well my G6 andriod at least)
    The brightness by default is set to auto, but you can un-check that box and lower the brightness so far down you won't even see your screen.
    Good tip.

Leave a comment:

• PirateLover
    replied
    Originally posted by baroquehoedown View Post
    This may sound dumb, but is there a way to use your camera phone, but turn off the screen? I don't take pictures in rides, but I've always wondered and am apparently unfamiliar with my own phone.
    Yes, You can turn down the brightness of your phone screen (well my G6 andriod at least)
    The brightness by default is set to auto, but you can un-check that box and lower the brightness so far down you won't even see your screen.

Leave a comment:

• baroquehoedown
    replied
    This may sound dumb, but is there a way to use your camera phone, but turn off the screen? I don't take pictures in rides, but I've always wondered and am apparently unfamiliar with my own phone.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
    I was going to say, I imagine phone screens might be just as annoying to folks as flashes.
    I Agree.....Both imagine phone screens-flashes...both are very annoying........from RUDE guest's

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied
    I've seen people from other countries, stand up in the boat of POTC, and flash away!

Leave a comment:

• Starcade
    replied
    The only rule I know of is NO flash. Ironically the worse offenders that do this are usually during the Primeval World on DLRR or The Dining Room on Haunted Mansion. It seems about every other time some dim whit uses a flash ruining the ride for rest of the guests.

Leave a comment:

• Right Down Broadway
    replied
    I was going to say, I imagine phone screens might be just as annoying to folks as flashes.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    LOL yes. Make sure you turn off AF illumination too if your camera has that. AND turn off screen preview too. I take dark ride pics all the time.

Leave a comment:

• sbk1234
    replied
    The only time you're not allowed to take photos on rides is when there's restrictive copyright issues involved, and they will absolutely tell you when you can't photograph or video. And flash photography is NEVER allowed inside an attraction.

Leave a comment:

• YeaDZNY
    replied
    Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post
    As long as you’re not using a flash, is one permitted to take pictures on rides like Pirates or Peter Pan? Thanks in advance.
    Yea of coarse why not...most people dont have any "common sense" now a days. And start flashing away and ruining the experience of the ride.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X