Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Yep. Al, Kevin, and Andy had very different approaches to their writing on MiceAge. But in all the years their work appeared on the site, they had one thing in common: the scornful, belittling attacks they got from defenders of Disney management.
    Your right........they sure did.........
    I guess , that part of the Territory-

I just can not agree, were I see this company have come from ,
    were they are Going !......specially one , that have grew up with
    Walt Disney Company and leadership ,have gone a different road.........IMO
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

PhotoMatt had posts on this topic in the thread, "Is MiceChat dying?".
      Thanks for that thread. Very interesting, especially hearing about one of my favorite contributors, Capt Hook, being banned.

Comment

Yep. Al, Kevin, and Andy had very different approaches to their writing on MiceAge. But in all the years their work appeared on the site, they had one thing in common: the scornful, belittling attacks they got from defenders of Disney management.

With all due respect Mr. Wiggins, I think many people would classify your consistent attacks on Disney management as scornful and belittling. From what I’ve seen on this board, most people appreciated Al and Kevin’s work. If there is an army of venomous management apologiests on this site, I don’t see it. Maybe there are a couple, at best.

Comment

Originally posted by BW1 View Post

With all due respect Mr. Wiggins, I think many people would classify your consistent attacks on Disney management as scornful and belittling.
          Wiggin's post are consistently the most well-thought-out, most logical and most brutally honest. Certainly not scornful or belittling.

If there is an army of venomous management apologiests on this site, I don’t see it.
          There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
            Wiggin's post are consistently the most well-thought-out, most logical and most brutally honest. Certainly not scornful or belittling.
            To be clear, I have absolutely no problem with the quality of Mr Wiggins posts. I actually enjoy them, and I like him (although he probably is not a fan of mine as we often are at odds). My point is, the critisms of Kevin Yee and Al Lutz are generally no more spiteful than the ones Mr Wiggins levels against management. I have criticized Kevin, Al, AND Disney management repeatedly. I’m calling a spade a spade here. There are no white hats here and there are no black hats either. There are just a lot of folks with opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post

There are none so blind as those that refuse to see.
              I think you are way off on this one. As the YouTube blogger noted, This board defiantly tends toward anti Disney management. One only needs to see how the likes pile up between Mr. Wiggins (anti management) and Mr Liver (pro management). They are both high quality posters that represent opposite sides. Last 20 posts, Mr Wiggins 25 likes, Mr Liver 15 Likes. Most of the regulars here have beefs with Disney management.

Comment

Originally posted by cakvalasc View Post
                Hello there BW1, we have multiple articles that go to MiceChat and MiceAge, but as al lutz always said there only be articles when there is news worth discussing.
                Is there any reason why MiceAge.com redirects to 404 Errors?

Comment

I think you are way off on this one. As the YouTube blogger noted, This board defiantly tends toward anti Disney management. One only needs to see how the likes pile up between Mr. Wiggins (anti management) and Mr Liver (pro management). They are both high quality posters that represent opposite sides. Last 20 posts, Mr Wiggins 25 likes, Mr Liver 15 Likes. Most of the regulars here have beefs with Disney management.

Modern forums are all about pissing and moaning for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadoe View Post

Is there any reason why MiceAge.com redirects to 404 Errors?
                    I just checked it, and there are no issues. It redirects to http://micechat.com/miceage-wp/, which is the correct link.

Comment

Originally posted by Beavis View Post
                      Modern forums are all about pissing and moaning for the most part.
                      Except for MiceChat. Month after month, year after year, the majority of threads and posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

Don't believe it? Count 'em.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                      - Michael Eisner

Comment

Except for MiceChat. Month after month, year after year, the majority of threads and posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

And? No one is stopping anyone from making negative threads so what's the problem? MC isn't here to be inheritly negative, it just provides a space for people to say what they want. It just happens more people who enjoy it more probably posts here more at the moment. But its not like people like you can't say how you feel even if there are less of you. And as I have said, but ignored, a lot of those people have probably just moved on from Disney entirely. Sooner or later some just think nothing will change in their view and found a different hobby. End of the day that's what this is, a hobby.

Maybe those people have just lost any enjoyment to even talk about it anymore and when it gets to that level its probably a good idea to find something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Fctiger View Post
                          And?
                          And... the myth among Disney defenders and MiceChat-bashers that the forum is overwhelmingly negative on Disney continues -- regardless of the reality that the since the founding of the forum in 2005, the numbers have consistently told the opposite story.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

And... the myth among Disney defenders and MiceChat-bashers that the forum is overwhelmingly negative on Disney continues -- regardless of the reality that the since the founding of the forum in 2005, the numbers have consistently told the opposite story.
                            Everyone sees everything differently. Thats just how it works in general. Liberals for example see CNN as too conservative, conservatives see it as too liberal. I imagine if you are more pro-Disney you consider this site more negative than others even if there are still more pro-Disney articles overall. Both can still be true.

Same time if you are more critical of it, it may feel people are gushing more about it although its much less gushing here than other sites. Again, that can also be true.

Comment

Everyone sees everything differently. Thats just how it works in general. Liberals for example see CNN as too conservative, conservatives see it as too liberal. I imagine if you are more pro-Disney you consider this site more negative than others even if there are still more pro-Disney articles overall. Both can still be true.

Same time if you are more critical of it, it may feel people are gushing more about it although its much less gushing here than other sites. Again, that can also be true.
                              You're talking about people having opinions about MiceChat being predominantly negative toward Disney -- which is the popular opinion of many, if not most, Disney defenders on this forum.

I'm talking about the factual evidence of the actual numbers of threads and posts -- evidence which over the 13 years of the site's existence continually prove that the great majority of posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

People can have whatever opinions they want, but not whatever facts they want.

- Walt Disney

- Michael Eisner

Comment

You're talking about people having opinions about MiceChat being predominantly negative toward Disney -- which is the popular opinion of many, if not most, Disney defenders on this forum.

I'm talking about the factual evidence of the actual numbers of threads and posts -- evidence which over the 13 years of the site's existence continually prove that the great majority of posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

People can have whatever opinions they want, but not whatever facts they want.

I highly doubt anyone has combed through years of threads though. They simply come to the site and look at the threads being discussed and yes, not surprisingly, the ones that has the biggest posts and the most active are the negative ones. And thats not a bad or good thing, its just an observation. My only point is people can see it a different way. Maybe there are more actual positive threads than negative. But its not exactly a secret what drives most of the discussions around here like the endless AP debates, how so and so current Disneyland President is a screw up, Disney going cheap, everything Walt did was better, how Disney lost the magic, the latest Marvel/Star Wars IP debate, how one attraction or land hasn't been serviced properly, the latest ride not being innovative enough and on and on and on and on. Some of these discussions have gone on for literally years around here. It never stops in fact. So yes your 'fact' might be true, but it doesn't negate the idea for others there is just as much negativity when basically every major discussion is about these issues over and over again.

And for the record no one is saying they shouldn't talk about them but these threads popping up daily proves to many there is a prominence of negativity here although I don't think that's why so many have left.

Comment

Well there are always the optimists. But fear not, they still get immersed in the mud and the sarc in every thread soon enough.

Comment

And for the record no one is saying they shouldn't talk about them but these threads popping up daily proves to many there is a prominence of negativity here although I don't think that's why so many have left.
                                    I wouldn’t call it “negativity”, but rather crticism of a company that gives no shortage of things to be criticised about. As someone else observed, the tagline for the site used to be “A different take on Disney”. Now it’s become the milquetoast “The Happiest Place in Cyberspace”.

Anyway, there needs to be a site that keeps the Disney Company of today on it toes with much deserved criticism. Criticism by people who love Disneyland, but aren’t reluctant to slam today’s corporste Disney when the company deserves it (as they so often do these days).

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Lagoon View Post
                                      As someone else observed, the tagline for the site used to be “A different take on Disney”. Now it’s become the milquetoast “The Happiest Place in Cyberspace”.
                                      "A different take on Disney" does not make sense as the tagline anymore. The takes would have been "different" and "controversial" in 2005 when the community was as niche as it was, but with the way the internet has evolved, insider access has expanded, and the community has grown, there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of places you could go for media critical of Disney. Same thing that happened with professional wrestling starting about 5 years ago. Thanks to the Internet, everyone knows everything about the business and its inner workings, and everyone is basically an insider, which means no one is, which means their opinion is of no greater consequence than that of the next guy.
                                      Warriors, Giants, Sharks, Texans fan from the Bay Area.
                                      Annual visitor to Disneyland ('99, '04-08, '11-present)
                                      So so hyphy.

Comment

I can't remember the last time MiceChat was the first to exclusively report any major inside information that later ended up being publicly confirmed or corroborated. I'm probably forgetting something. I'm sure it still happens from time to time, but it used to be the major staple of the community. Now, it seems like those things almost always come from elsewhere first.

You could argue it's not necessarily a bad thing. MC still offers value in other ways. But, it's not what it once was, in terms of exclusive news and info.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoDubs View Post

"A different take on Disney" does not make sense as the tagline anymore. The takes would have been "different" and "controversial" in 2005 when the community was as niche as it was, but with the way the internet has evolved, insider access has expanded, and the community has grown, there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of places you could go for media critical of Disney. Same thing that happened with professional wrestling starting about 5 years ago. Thanks to the Internet, everyone knows everything about the business and its inner workings, and everyone is basically an insider, which means no one is, which means their opinion is of no greater consequence than that of the next guy.
                                          I really had the forums in mind, and not the rest of the site. Perhaps the forums should have their own tagline, then.

Comment

Working...
                                          X