Disneyland - Miceage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajburk97 View Post

I have to admit, I was very surprised by the tone of the Micechat Pixar Fest updates. They've been surprisingly light on criticism, especially for a promotion that reeks of cheapness. Sometimes, being critical can get carried away, but in the case of Pixar Fest, I'm surprised there wasn't a bit more skepticism over the promotion.

When I found out that Micechat had been invited to the press event, I instantly understood why.
    Hello, fellow Micechat Article photographer/article writer here. Trust me in the next few weeks I will be back hard at work on articles and I have plenty of negative views on the Pixar Fest. My schedule just has not allow me to photograph nor the time to write said articles (A Monday article takes about 8hrs to write and about 14hrs to shoot). I have been invited to Knott's press events in the past and I come to the growing understanding to not blame the employees/management in front of you, its generally corporate management (and in Knott's case Cedar Point/Fair) to blame. And in DL's case it's Florida and Burbank. Pixar Fest is a short term event and I don't expect much to live past September. (btw, when is Remember... coming back?) Now on the Miceage side, Al has been on the downlow due to his illness for a while and Dusty will only publish when he get reliable new sources. We can't just publish rumors based on how the wind is blowing like on other sites. MC's entire reputation is based on the fact that we do have to have good sources. In my opinion I think its far better to have reliable sources then to shoot in the dark. Also in reality right now Disney is getting into Mass Crowd mode right now and its no secrete that TDA is looking at every planter, walkway, light pole, CM break-room and seeing how to modify them to help the record crowds expected to descend on the resort next summer. It's also not a secrete that Parks and Resorts is now being managed by the Disney Store executives at TDB and they will not stop at nothing to take your wallet and run it through a wringer to get every drop of blood out of you (ie the Pixar Pier event @ $299- ouch!) We have not grown soft but we need solid ground under us before we say anything.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Comment

Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post

Hello, fellow Micechat Article photographer/article writer here. Trust me in the next few weeks I will be back hard at work on articles and I have plenty of negative views on the Pixar Fest. My schedule just has not allow me to photograph nor the time to write said articles (A Monday article takes about 8hrs to write and about 14hrs to shoot). I have been invited to Knott's press events in the past and I come to the growing understanding to not blame the employees/management in front of you, its generally corporate management (and in Knott's case Cedar Point/Fair) to blame. And in DL's case it's Florida and Burbank. Pixar Fest is a short term event and I don't expect much to live past September. (btw, when is Remember... coming back?) Now on the Miceage side, Al has been on the downlow due to his illness for a while and Dusty will only publish when he get reliable new sources. We can't just publish rumors based on how the wind is blowing like on other sites. MC's entire reputation is based on the fact that we do have to have good sources. In my opinion I think its far better to have reliable sources then to shoot in the dark. Also in reality right now Disney is getting into Mass Crowd mode right now and its no secrete that TDA is looking at every planter, walkway, light pole, CM break-room and seeing how to modify them to help the record crowds expected to descend on the resort next summer. It's also not a secrete that Parks and Resorts is now being managed by the Disney Store executives at TDB and they will not stop at nothing to take your wallet and run it through a wringer to get every drop of blood out of you (ie the Pixar Pier event @ $299- ouch!) We have not grown soft but we need solid ground under us before we say anything.
      What is it with the Disney Company and freaking Consumer Products? Paul Pressler came from the Disney Store. Chapek is from Consumer Products. Disneyland is not (should not be) a shopping mall. The mentality in my opinion is just sick. Really gross. As Roy E. Disney put it, “Rapacious and Soulless.”

Comment

I appreciate everything this site has done, and on many lonely nights away from my family, checked out features like Miceage Updates. In being honest, the only thing I check out is the Disney update (along with Miceage updates when available), the site seems a little cluttered now with non Disney stuff and information that doesn't seem as relevant. That's just constructive criticism..I truly appreciate what all the columnists do in giving their time and effort to this site. I even ran into Fishbulb years ago on Harbor Blvd with my family! He was great, especially to a random guy on the street going "Hey, you're Fishbulb!" Took some pictures, it was great. Always loved his Dateline Disneyland column.
        Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
          I appreciate everything this site has done, and on many lonely nights away from my family, checked out features like Miceage Updates. In being honest, the only thing I check out is the Disney update (along with Miceage updates when available), the site seems a little cluttered now with non Disney stuff and information that doesn't seem as relevant. That's just constructive criticism..I truly appreciate what all the columnists do in giving their time and effort to this site. I even ran into Fishbulb years ago on Harbor Blvd with my family! He was great, especially to a random guy on the street going "Hey, you're Fishbulb!" Took some pictures, it was great. Always loved his Dateline Disneyland column.
          FWIW, Fishbulb did the In the Parks column, which covered all SoCal theme parks. Andy Castro did Dateline Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

FWIW, Fishbulb did the In the Parks column, which covered all SoCal theme parks. Andy Castro did Dateline Disneyland.
            Woe......Fishbulb took sure took Great Pictures.....he got ART form.......an eagle eye.
            I miss both , Fishbulb and Andy Castro

I feel the MICEAGE Crew over all , does a pretty good job........... Thank You
            Last edited by Eagleman; 05-15-2018, 11:32 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

Dang it, In the Parks!
              Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post
                I can't remember the last time MiceChat was the first to exclusively report any major inside information that later ended up being publicly confirmed or corroborated. I'm probably forgetting something. I'm sure it still happens from time to time, but it used to be the major staple of the community. Now, it seems like those things almost always come from elsewhere first.

You could argue it's not necessarily a bad thing. MC still offers value in other ways. But, it's not what it once was, in terms of exclusive news and info.
                The last big rumor I think Micechat had the scoop on was the Bug's Land demolition in the July MiceAge update. This one took more than half a year before it was confirmed, and is exactly the kind of big-picture stuff MiceAge usually reports rumors on.

Comment

Working...
                X