X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW1
    started a topic Disneyland - Miceage

Disneyland - Miceage

Lot's of folks come here for the Disneyland Miceage articles, yet they have been absent for quite a while now. It's not like there isn't news/rumors floating around. Does anyone have information on the future of Miceage? If it's dead or dying out, it would be great to have it go out with a bang (maybe a finale series talking about Al, his sources, and his track record) instead of a whimper.

• WaltDisney'sAlec
    replied
    Originally posted by longbeachaztec View Post
    I can't remember the last time MiceChat was the first to exclusively report any major inside information that later ended up being publicly confirmed or corroborated. I'm probably forgetting something. I'm sure it still happens from time to time, but it used to be the major staple of the community. Now, it seems like those things almost always come from elsewhere first.

You could argue it's not necessarily a bad thing. MC still offers value in other ways. But, it's not what it once was, in terms of exclusive news and info.
    The last big rumor I think Micechat had the scoop on was the Bug's Land demolition in the July MiceAge update. This one took more than half a year before it was confirmed, and is exactly the kind of big-picture stuff MiceAge usually reports rumors on.

Leave a comment:

• 4Apples4Disney
    replied
    Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

FWIW, Fishbulb did the In the Parks column, which covered all SoCal theme parks. Andy Castro did Dateline Disneyland.
    Dang it, In the Parks!

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

FWIW, Fishbulb did the In the Parks column, which covered all SoCal theme parks. Andy Castro did Dateline Disneyland.
    Woe......Fishbulb took sure took Great Pictures.....he got ART form.......an eagle eye.
    I miss both , Fishbulb and Andy Castro

I feel the MICEAGE Crew over all , does a pretty good job........... Thank You
    Last edited by Eagleman; 05-15-2018, 10:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I appreciate everything this site has done, and on many lonely nights away from my family, checked out features like Miceage Updates. In being honest, the only thing I check out is the Disney update (along with Miceage updates when available), the site seems a little cluttered now with non Disney stuff and information that doesn't seem as relevant. That's just constructive criticism..I truly appreciate what all the columnists do in giving their time and effort to this site. I even ran into Fishbulb years ago on Harbor Blvd with my family! He was great, especially to a random guy on the street going "Hey, you're Fishbulb!" Took some pictures, it was great. Always loved his Dateline Disneyland column.

Leave a comment:

• 4Apples4Disney
    replied
    I appreciate everything this site has done, and on many lonely nights away from my family, checked out features like Miceage Updates. In being honest, the only thing I check out is the Disney update (along with Miceage updates when available), the site seems a little cluttered now with non Disney stuff and information that doesn't seem as relevant. That's just constructive criticism..I truly appreciate what all the columnists do in giving their time and effort to this site. I even ran into Fishbulb years ago on Harbor Blvd with my family! He was great, especially to a random guy on the street going "Hey, you're Fishbulb!" Took some pictures, it was great. Always loved his Dateline Disneyland column.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Lagoon
    replied
    Originally posted by brianpinsky View Post

Hello, fellow Micechat Article photographer/article writer here. Trust me in the next few weeks I will be back hard at work on articles and I have plenty of negative views on the Pixar Fest. My schedule just has not allow me to photograph nor the time to write said articles (A Monday article takes about 8hrs to write and about 14hrs to shoot). I have been invited to Knott's press events in the past and I come to the growing understanding to not blame the employees/management in front of you, its generally corporate management (and in Knott's case Cedar Point/Fair) to blame. And in DL's case it's Florida and Burbank. Pixar Fest is a short term event and I don't expect much to live past September. (btw, when is Remember... coming back?) Now on the Miceage side, Al has been on the downlow due to his illness for a while and Dusty will only publish when he get reliable new sources. We can't just publish rumors based on how the wind is blowing like on other sites. MC's entire reputation is based on the fact that we do have to have good sources. In my opinion I think its far better to have reliable sources then to shoot in the dark. Also in reality right now Disney is getting into Mass Crowd mode right now and its no secrete that TDA is looking at every planter, walkway, light pole, CM break-room and seeing how to modify them to help the record crowds expected to descend on the resort next summer. It's also not a secrete that Parks and Resorts is now being managed by the Disney Store executives at TDB and they will not stop at nothing to take your wallet and run it through a wringer to get every drop of blood out of you (ie the Pixar Pier event @ $299- ouch!) We have not grown soft but we need solid ground under us before we say anything.
    What is it with the Disney Company and freaking Consumer Products? Paul Pressler came from the Disney Store. Chapek is from Consumer Products. Disneyland is not (should not be) a shopping mall. The mentality in my opinion is just sick. Really gross. As Roy E. Disney put it, “Rapacious and Soulless.”

Leave a comment:

• brianpinsky
    replied
    Originally posted by ajburk97 View Post

I have to admit, I was very surprised by the tone of the Micechat Pixar Fest updates. They've been surprisingly light on criticism, especially for a promotion that reeks of cheapness. Sometimes, being critical can get carried away, but in the case of Pixar Fest, I'm surprised there wasn't a bit more skepticism over the promotion.

When I found out that Micechat had been invited to the press event, I instantly understood why.
    Hello, fellow Micechat Article photographer/article writer here. Trust me in the next few weeks I will be back hard at work on articles and I have plenty of negative views on the Pixar Fest. My schedule just has not allow me to photograph nor the time to write said articles (A Monday article takes about 8hrs to write and about 14hrs to shoot). I have been invited to Knott's press events in the past and I come to the growing understanding to not blame the employees/management in front of you, its generally corporate management (and in Knott's case Cedar Point/Fair) to blame. And in DL's case it's Florida and Burbank. Pixar Fest is a short term event and I don't expect much to live past September. (btw, when is Remember... coming back?) Now on the Miceage side, Al has been on the downlow due to his illness for a while and Dusty will only publish when he get reliable new sources. We can't just publish rumors based on how the wind is blowing like on other sites. MC's entire reputation is based on the fact that we do have to have good sources. In my opinion I think its far better to have reliable sources then to shoot in the dark. Also in reality right now Disney is getting into Mass Crowd mode right now and its no secrete that TDA is looking at every planter, walkway, light pole, CM break-room and seeing how to modify them to help the record crowds expected to descend on the resort next summer. It's also not a secrete that Parks and Resorts is now being managed by the Disney Store executives at TDB and they will not stop at nothing to take your wallet and run it through a wringer to get every drop of blood out of you (ie the Pixar Pier event @ $299- ouch!) We have not grown soft but we need solid ground under us before we say anything.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Lagoon
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoDubs View Post

"A different take on Disney" does not make sense as the tagline anymore. The takes would have been "different" and "controversial" in 2005 when the community was as niche as it was, but with the way the internet has evolved, insider access has expanded, and the community has grown, there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of places you could go for media critical of Disney. Same thing that happened with professional wrestling starting about 5 years ago. Thanks to the Internet, everyone knows everything about the business and its inner workings, and everyone is basically an insider, which means no one is, which means their opinion is of no greater consequence than that of the next guy.
    I really had the forums in mind, and not the rest of the site. Perhaps the forums should have their own tagline, then.

Leave a comment:

• longbeachaztec
    replied
    I can't remember the last time MiceChat was the first to exclusively report any major inside information that later ended up being publicly confirmed or corroborated. I'm probably forgetting something. I'm sure it still happens from time to time, but it used to be the major staple of the community. Now, it seems like those things almost always come from elsewhere first.

You could argue it's not necessarily a bad thing. MC still offers value in other ways. But, it's not what it once was, in terms of exclusive news and info.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoDubs
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue Lagoon View Post
    As someone else observed, the tagline for the site used to be “A different take on Disney”. Now it’s become the milquetoast “The Happiest Place in Cyberspace”.
    "A different take on Disney" does not make sense as the tagline anymore. The takes would have been "different" and "controversial" in 2005 when the community was as niche as it was, but with the way the internet has evolved, insider access has expanded, and the community has grown, there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of places you could go for media critical of Disney. Same thing that happened with professional wrestling starting about 5 years ago. Thanks to the Internet, everyone knows everything about the business and its inner workings, and everyone is basically an insider, which means no one is, which means their opinion is of no greater consequence than that of the next guy.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Lagoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Fctiger View Post
    And for the record no one is saying they shouldn't talk about them but these threads popping up daily proves to many there is a prominence of negativity here although I don't think that's why so many have left.
    I wouldn’t call it “negativity”, but rather crticism of a company that gives no shortage of things to be criticised about. As someone else observed, the tagline for the site used to be “A different take on Disney”. Now it’s become the milquetoast “The Happiest Place in Cyberspace”.

Anyway, there needs to be a site that keeps the Disney Company of today on it toes with much deserved criticism. Criticism by people who love Disneyland, but aren’t reluctant to slam today’s corporste Disney when the company deserves it (as they so often do these days).

Leave a comment:

• Beavis
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Except for MiceChat. Month after month, year after year, the majority of threads and posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

Don't believe it? Count 'em.
    Well there are always the optimists. But fear not, they still get immersed in the mud and the sarc in every thread soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Fctiger
    replied

You're talking about people having opinions about MiceChat being predominantly negative toward Disney -- which is the popular opinion of many, if not most, Disney defenders on this forum.

I'm talking about the factual evidence of the actual numbers of threads and posts -- evidence which over the 13 years of the site's existence continually prove that the great majority of posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

People can have whatever opinions they want, but not whatever facts they want.

I highly doubt anyone has combed through years of threads though. They simply come to the site and look at the threads being discussed and yes, not surprisingly, the ones that has the biggest posts and the most active are the negative ones. And thats not a bad or good thing, its just an observation. My only point is people can see it a different way. Maybe there are more actual positive threads than negative. But its not exactly a secret what drives most of the discussions around here like the endless AP debates, how so and so current Disneyland President is a screw up, Disney going cheap, everything Walt did was better, how Disney lost the magic, the latest Marvel/Star Wars IP debate, how one attraction or land hasn't been serviced properly, the latest ride not being innovative enough and on and on and on and on. Some of these discussions have gone on for literally years around here. It never stops in fact. So yes your 'fact' might be true, but it doesn't negate the idea for others there is just as much negativity when basically every major discussion is about these issues over and over again.

And for the record no one is saying they shouldn't talk about them but these threads popping up daily proves to many there is a prominence of negativity here although I don't think that's why so many have left.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Everyone sees everything differently. Thats just how it works in general. Liberals for example see CNN as too conservative, conservatives see it as too liberal. I imagine if you are more pro-Disney you consider this site more negative than others even if there are still more pro-Disney articles overall. Both can still be true.

Same time if you are more critical of it, it may feel people are gushing more about it although its much less gushing here than other sites. Again, that can also be true.
    You're talking about people having opinions about MiceChat being predominantly negative toward Disney -- which is the popular opinion of many, if not most, Disney defenders on this forum.

I'm talking about the factual evidence of the actual numbers of threads and posts -- evidence which over the 13 years of the site's existence continually prove that the great majority of posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

People can have whatever opinions they want, but not whatever facts they want.

Leave a comment:

• Fctiger
    replied

And... the myth among Disney defenders and MiceChat-bashers that the forum is overwhelmingly negative on Disney continues -- regardless of the reality that the since the founding of the forum in 2005, the numbers have consistently told the opposite story.
    Everyone sees everything differently. Thats just how it works in general. Liberals for example see CNN as too conservative, conservatives see it as too liberal. I imagine if you are more pro-Disney you consider this site more negative than others even if there are still more pro-Disney articles overall. Both can still be true.

Same time if you are more critical of it, it may feel people are gushing more about it although its much less gushing here than other sites. Again, that can also be true.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    And?
    And... the myth among Disney defenders and MiceChat-bashers that the forum is overwhelmingly negative on Disney continues -- regardless of the reality that the since the founding of the forum in 2005, the numbers have consistently told the opposite story.

Leave a comment:

• Fctiger
    replied

Except for MiceChat. Month after month, year after year, the majority of threads and posts on MiceChat are not critical of Disney.

And? No one is stopping anyone from making negative threads so what's the problem? MC isn't here to be inheritly negative, it just provides a space for people to say what they want. It just happens more people who enjoy it more probably posts here more at the moment. But its not like people like you can't say how you feel even if there are less of you. And as I have said, but ignored, a lot of those people have probably just moved on from Disney entirely. Sooner or later some just think nothing will change in their view and found a different hobby. End of the day that's what this is, a hobby.

Maybe those people have just lost any enjoyment to even talk about it anymore and when it gets to that level its probably a good idea to find something new.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by Beavis View Post
    Modern forums are all about pissing and moaning for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• PhotoMatt
    replied
    Originally posted by The Shadoe View Post

Is there any reason why MiceAge.com redirects to 404 Errors?
    I just checked it, and there are no issues. It redirects to http://micechat.com/miceage-wp/, which is the correct link.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X