suddenly DCA is nostalgic for me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suddenly DCA is nostalgic for me...

Over our last outing to Disneyland and DCA, I began to get a fondness for Bugs Land. The land was there when my daughter was a child and she really loved going over to ride all of the rides and get wet in the fountain play areas. We spent hours there, then left for other parts of DCA and eventually Disneyland. I just felt how this part of the resort was built at the right time so that there was a land our daughter could enjoy. Bug's Land became an object of fond memories and nostalgia.
    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Yes....
    Just as I was starting to feel true affection for DCA and a sense of "tradition" was building in our family...well, you know the rest.

Comment

On a hot day our family will really miss Dot’s Puddle Park.

Comment

I am very nostalgic for Soaring Over California. So sad to see an amazing opening day attraction ruined.

Comment

My hope is that Marvel Land will have some sort of "Kiddie" section is besides the trail across from GRR there isn't much in the way of a playground type area like you have with ToonTown. A lot of none parents or those that it has been a decade or more since their children were little often forget the energy level of lil ones who simply want to walk around a marvel at their surrounding and maybe climb or push or something around. Those same folks might also forget that this area allowed those rambunctious age children a place to go nuts without annoying them while they are inline for their preferred attraction. The first couple of trips we took our girls we spent quite a lot of time in Bugs Land, Now they are old enough to be over most of the Bugs Land attractions but still enjoy Flik's Flyers and the LadyBug ride from time to time.

Comment

I love Bug Life as a film, its not really as good as most Pixar films but I still really like that film. The land is detailed fine but the rides are meh, I'm not against kids rides but when your Bumper Cars cant even Bump you've lost me.
            I have a fondness for the old Beach Boys Music that used to play at the Pier, I loved how the rides had nothing over 40 min lines, the Aladdin show was at top notch production and the Genie made it perfect for APers, I grew up with DCA kinda so while I do miss some old things I'm glad its growing up with me and for the most part its the better (Pixar Pier looks kinda like meh but Carsland and Buena vista street are amazing)
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I think that a lot of folks are at the age where they've made many great memories with their kids in Bugs Land. My kids don't know anything other then DLR with DCA included. It's quickly becoming nostalgic for a lot of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post
                On a hot day our family will really miss Dot’s Puddle Park.
                Same here, our toddler LOVES that area of Bugsland.

Comment

It's hard to believe that DCA is nearing 20 years old. I, also feel some nostalgia for old parts of the park. However, there's no way you can compare the nostalgia factor of a park that opened in 2001 to a park that opened in 1955. I still miss some of DCA's original attractions like Seasons of the Vine, and Golden Dreams.

While I agree that DCA needs places for little kids, the idea that Walt had was parents and kids do things TOGETHER. Therefore, the attractions were all (or mostly) built so everyone could enjoy them. You'll see folks of all ages on the Fantasyland dark rides, not only kids, or parents with kids. Same for Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, It's a Small World, Tiki Room. Not so much the newer attractions that are more exclusionary for one age demographic or another. To me, that was the failing of Bug's Land. Even though the theming was some of the best I'd seen, the rides were basically kiddie rides. What they should have been were really good rides that were fun for all ages.
                  I'm worried that Marvel Land will take things to the other extreme, focusing on the thrill factor that will leave out the very young and the older crowd. Sure, maybe they'll throw in a little play area for the little ones, but that's hardly the same or equal experience.
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
                    I am very nostalgic for Soaring Over California. So sad to see an amazing opening day attraction ruined.
                    Soaring Over California. ......was the one attraction worth going California side.......
                    But to me.........Disney California Adventure is sad chapter ,in the Disney parks....from day one
                    and getting worst...........I try to have hope....now that gone as well !
                    IMO
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Soaring Over California. ......was the one attraction worth going California side.......
                      But to me.........Disney California Adventure is sad chapter ,in the Disney parks....from day one
                      and getting worst...........I try to have hope....now that gone as well !
                      IMO
                      Agreed, I would also add Tower of Terror. It was much better than GotGMB that replaced it.

The replacement of Mickey's Fun Wheel was another sad blow to that nostalgia.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

Agreed, I would also add Tower of Terror. It was much better than GotGMB that replaced it.

The replacement of Mickey's Fun Wheel was another sad blow to that nostalgia.
                        We sure been getting lot's of sad blow's
                        Darn Chapek- plastic sale man
                        lol
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                        X