Bye Bye Haagen Dazs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Haagen Dazs

Yet another change is coming to Downtown Disney as Haagen is getting replaced by Salt and Straw. Here's the link:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...9180425180017C

All shopping malls gain and lose retail tenants. Not a big deal.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
      All shopping malls gain and lose retail tenants. Not a big deal.
      YEP.....another retail tenants.....bit the dust
      But have to say Haagen Dazs Ice cream is Good !
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

There is more ice cream coming...Salt & Straw. It looks very yummy.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...eyland-resort/

Sorry...this was already in the OP.

The newest ice cream scoop shop from Salt & Straw co-founders and cousins Kim and Tyler Malek will open at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort later this year.
        Last edited by Pips; 04-24-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Salt & Straw...is ICE CREAM.......something new for me to try ......
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

We found them several years ago when they were still just a Portland "thing". Excellent Ice Cream defiantly a step up(IMO). Just don't expect to see a lot of what you would think of as your standard Chocolate or Vanilla flavors.

Comment

Salt and Straw started here in Portland, Oregon and they have amazing ice cream, they also have long lines waiting to get their ice cream. What is exciting is that they have unique monthly flavors for each location and the Disneyfied options could be amazing. This is the step in the right direction for Downtown Disney food and desserts because people don't want stuff they can get at their local mall, we want the best stuff in America or in the World. Now we just need some better options in the other areas like Mexican food.

Comment

Haagen Wazs

Comment

Originally posted by flickor View Post
                  Salt and Straw started here in Portland, Oregon and they have amazing ice cream, they also have long lines waiting to get their ice cream. What is exciting is that they have unique monthly flavors for each location and the Disneyfied options could be amazing. This is the step in the right direction for Downtown Disney food and desserts because people don't want stuff they can get at their local mall, we want the best stuff in America or in the World. Now we just need some better options in the other areas like Mexican food.
                  Haagen Dazs is good, but Salt and Straw is some of the most delicious specialty ice cream I've tried. They have a couple locations here in SoCal and their flavors are so interesting and always delicious. I wish they would have vegan ice cream (that is from sorbet), and for that I think McConnell's is my favorite (although they are expensive). Downtown Disney is finally becoming what it always should have been, and I have no doubts that this will be a great long-term bet for them. Whoever is managing the courting of the tenants this time around is doing a fantastic job.

Comment

I'm glad to see that the Chain Restaurants are losing their appeal and that we are getting unique interesting foods. I wonder if the random information booth Haagen Das is going to stay.

I'd like to see Wetzel's go next.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
                      To say such a thing on National Pretzel Day is blasphemy (lol)! I actually agree with you, but the Downtown Disney location is giving out free pretzels for today only.

Comment

I'm glad to see that the Chain Restaurants are losing their appeal and that we are getting unique interesting foods. I wonder if the random information booth Haagen Das is going to stay.

This was my thought as well. Nice to see a move away from the big chains.
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

They might be leaving but La Brea Bakery is next.

Comment

Salt & Straw
                            Double fold vanilla- sound good

Pear and blue cheese ?????
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I will miss peet's coffee more than the ice cream! I am not a Starbucks fan at all.
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment

Is this all of the Haagan Dazs location in the park. Especially the fishermen wharf location!

Comment

I was told may 31 is their last day.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Haagen Dazs is good, but Salt and Straw is some of the most delicious specialty ice cream I've tried. They have a couple locations here in SoCal and their flavors are so interesting and always delicious. I wish they would have vegan ice cream (that is from sorbet), and for that I think McConnell's is my favorite (although they are expensive). Downtown Disney is finally becoming what it always should have been, and I have no doubts that this will be a great long-term bet for them. Whoever is managing the courting of the tenants this time around is doing a fantastic job.
                                    I hope you are right! The DLR Haagen Dazs was probably the best run Haagen Dazs I have ever been to (sample size of 4 or 5). Generally, I has been my experience that Haagen Dazs stores are poorly run.

I will miss the milkshakes - they were FANTASTIC!

Comment

They are going to have to be pretty darn amazing to compete with Creamistry across the street (Grand Legacy At The Park). Creamistry has the most incredible (and unique way of making) " fresh made as you wait" ice cream. We will see.
                                      Originally posted by migo
                                      I poop with joy!
                                      Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaStitch View Post
                                        They are going to have to be pretty darn amazing to compete with Creamistry across the street (Grand Legacy At The Park). Creamistry has the most incredible (and unique way of making) " fresh made as you wait" ice cream. We will see.
                                        Totally different concept than Creamistry so don't go in expecting to be able to pick and choose dozens of different combinations. As for quality I am pretty sure you will see they blow Creamistry out of the water...

Comment

Working...
                                        X