New Disneyland App and More Robust WiFi This Summer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Disneyland App and More Robust WiFi This Summer

From MousePlanet : Edit : I read it too fast. Missed the word Hope in the line about Robust WiFi. Cant Edit Title
    Disney Play to offer a new way to pass time in line

Last week, Disney announced a new smartphone application designed to let visitors "play in the parks like never before" through "activities that interact with the surrounding environment." It's difficult to know what the app will offer based just on the brief description and one screenshot provided, but this appears to be a location-based game like Ingress or Pokemon Go, but with a family-friendly Disney skin. Disney says the app will be free to download, but that doesn't mean there won't be in-app purchases or upgrades.

Disney says the app will launch this summer, and we hope the new offering comes with a more robust Wi-Fi presence in the theme parks.

With Disney adding more features to their in-park apps, including the mobile ordering feature announced earlier this month, it seems adding some sort of game was almost inevitable. With the continued popularity of books like the Hidden Mickeysseries, and a host of in-park scavenger hunt events, Disney knows that some fans want a novel way to pass the time in line. Hopefully this app has a social element, so groups and families can interact with one another, and not just spend more of the day staring at their devices.

Also :

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...ould-be-a.aspx
    Last edited by Jerryp49; 04-24-2018, 03:54 PM.

expanded wifi will be a blessing
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

I'm a fan of this, honestly surprised they have waited this long
      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Wi-fi good. People with their noses in their phones even more? Bad! If ya can't be patient for more than 20 minutes just admit you're a slave to your device.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
          Wi-fi good. People with their noses in their phones even more? Bad! If ya can't be patient for more than 20 minutes just admit you're a slave to your device.
          I AGREE........I do not go to park , to play with my phone...
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

THIS. So, Much. This.
            DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
            DW Trips: '08
            International parks: Some day...

Comment

+1 one on the giving people more excuse to be face down in their phones as a bad thing. A big plus about going to Disneyland is besides the occasional quick glance to get our next FP my phone stays in my pocket all day. I even made a reply on my watch that says "Sorry at Disneyland can't talk" so I reply to calls and txts from my wrist without even having to take my phone out of my pocket.

Comment

Lol

What Disneyland are you at where the lines are 20 minutes?

Also people are going to do it regardless, its the new way of life. I rather Disney have fun facts and Trivia you can learn about the parks over just random stuff
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Working...
                X